Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-12, 09:08 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Come on guys ,what happened?

Mark don't sell the car!we will figured it out.
that's what happens when we decide to modify our cars its part of the game. I have been there plenty of time so know how you feel.

Mark call me tomorrow ill be working on my car.
Old 03-18-12, 07:28 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a very bad day at work and at home. I took it out on fello members when all they were trying to do was help. I took things the wrong way and misunderstood people. Luckily for my sake, he accepted my apology and will be here at my house before noon to figure out the wiring issue. I owe Cartmill a formal and moderator apology on this website. CARTMILL THANKS FOR YOUR EXTENSIVE RESEARCH AND ABILITY TO TROUBLESHOOT WIRING ISSUES. As a moderator this is the right thing to do.
Old 03-18-12, 07:57 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hope everything gets sorted out man. sometimes u gotta take a break.
Old 03-18-12, 09:49 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

That's what i like to hear!!!! Man Up and apologized

So now let's get this thing on the road and see what she does at 30 psi

Thanks Cartmill ! That's why i love the CL and the SC section .
Old 03-18-12, 10:38 AM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

If you were closer than a 6 hour drive I'd lend a hand!
Old 03-18-12, 03:52 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont post much but been following ur build Mark aka Fireman. i cant wait for her to fire up and better post video pls.
Old 03-18-12, 06:15 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Guys this was what was accomplished today. The AEM standalone works, figured most of the wiring out. It is somewhat ran just to assure it works as it should. Will post of the pin locations and wiring when it is 100% figured out. This will help out Megamax. It actually fired and ran for about 5 seconds, this assures the cams work and installed correctly. The fuel puml relay was grounded to the output of the standalone. We need to figure out how to set the fuel pump up on the standalone with specific details. Got the injectors setup correctly. The reason it didnt run much longer to the flywheel bolts from Fastenal are too long are something. The motor turns over as factory but then it hits something. This means the driveshaft, and tranny and clutch has to come out again for inspection. We didnt think it was the starter. In the end there was no oil leaks, had up to 30psi of oil pressure on gauge, figured alot if wiring out, had no fuel leaks. It wasnt a wasted day. We hated not to hear it run more, but i had a huge smile.

I couldnt have done it with Cartmill and Trenton. They know what is going on. So for future reference people, listen to what they say when they post about possible problems that could help you out. Stay tuned more to come. Thanks again guys!!!! They wouldnt even let me pay them for their all day efforts and time and gas!!!!!
Old 03-18-12, 08:12 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I underestimated the "soarer to sc400" wiring. That was the first time I'd really compared the two diagrams side by side.
The sc400 has a completely different main relay circuit, and for the LIFE of me I could not figure how to trigger it and have it power our switched 12v stuff... no matter what i did i could not get power to come out of the switched 12v section of eb2. anyone care to shed some light on this? Stockhatch? We ended up running the switched 12v wires straight to the battery temporarily.
The car started, all the sensors are functioning, we scaled the fuel map for the 800cc injectors, and got the fuel pump relay wired correctly. We just need to find more info on the soarer to sc400 stuff so we can use that damn sc400 main relay.
It can run perfectly with just our own "switched 12v" relay, but it would be a lot cleaner going through the sc400 body for that stuff..,
It's been a long day.

Car ran on its own power though. :-)

I'll repost those diagrams tomorrow so hopefully we can get some help from Ali or stockhatch, or anyone else.

Last edited by cartmill; 03-18-12 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-19-12, 04:24 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Had fun out there! I am going to post the picture later on with Jacob and the dog reading the wiring diagrams hahaha.
Hopefully we will be back up there in a week or so. Don't forget to call Aaron at driftmotion and see if he can shed some light on those flywheel bolts. Almost positive that's the problem. But I'm a ricer, what do I know? Haha.
Old 03-19-12, 05:15 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

On the body plugs there are two grey connectors the bottom one is the one to look for. For example my ignitor wasn't getting power so i had to run a seperate wire.

Then inside the car on the kick panel where the body plugs go, there are 3 wires that don't get 12V so i just put a 12V switch from inside the car and the problem was fixed. bottom grey connector on the kick panel!

I didn't have to run my own relay.
Old 03-19-12, 06:37 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
On the body plugs there are two grey connectors the bottom one is the one to look for. For example my ignitor wasn't getting power so i had to run a seperate wire.

Then inside the car on the kick panel where the body plugs go, there are 3 wires that don't get 12V so i just put a 12V switch from inside the car and the problem was fixed. bottom grey connector on the kick panel!

I didn't have to run my own relay.
quick. can you post more info, or a diagram? that sounds like what we did, minus the switch (running straight to the battery temporarily).
we pulled the two soarer black/orange wires out of the bigger grey body plug you mentioned and had to give them power.
Old 03-19-12, 06:42 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ask account 2x(emil). he's doing my harness and apparently i have the harder thing to do (chaser eng to sc400). i would say shoot him a pm and ask.
Old 03-19-12, 06:44 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Guys this was what was accomplished today. The AEM standalone works, figured most of the wiring out. It is somewhat ran just to assure it works as it should. Will post of the pin locations and wiring when it is 100% figured out. This will help out Megamax. It actually fired and ran for about 5 seconds, this assures the cams work and installed correctly. The fuel puml relay was grounded to the output of the standalone. We need to figure out how to set the fuel pump up on the standalone with specific details. Got the injectors setup correctly. The reason it didnt run much longer to the flywheel bolts from Fastenal are too long are something. The motor turns over as factory but then it hits something. This means the driveshaft, and tranny and clutch has to come out again for inspection. We didnt think it was the starter. In the end there was no oil leaks, had up to 30psi of oil pressure on gauge, figured alot if wiring out, had no fuel leaks. It wasnt a wasted day. We hated not to hear it run more, but i had a huge smile.

I couldnt have done it with Cartmill and Trenton. They know what is going on. So for future reference people, listen to what they say when they post about possible problems that could help you out. Stay tuned more to come. Thanks again guys!!!! They wouldnt even let me pay them for their all day efforts and time and gas!!!!!

the flywheel bolts?? when i tested the length they didn't look too long to obstruct anything. before you remove the clutch and f-wheel you should request a actuall flywheel bolt and a measuerment pic. just to compare.
Old 03-19-12, 06:59 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by megamax
the flywheel bolts?? when i tested the length they didn't look too long to obstruct anything. before you remove the clutch and f-wheel you should request a actuall flywheel bolt and a measuerment pic. just to compare.
we don't know that it was the flywheel bolts exactly, but something in the bellhousing area is making a metallic clank sound and locks the engine from turning now when you try to crank it.
Old 03-19-12, 08:59 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey mark sorry I didn't get to text...the weekend turned crazy with work and sports.

hmm a clank in the bellhousing. I would that it is something floating if you were able to get it started and then it stops because. Is the starter new?

bolts do not look like it is protruding much...

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!