Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-12, 10:58 AM
SoaringSC
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone needs to design a kevlar armored front lip for the SC.
Old 06-24-12, 02:40 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Let me know who their tuner is. And is their dyno in that shop ? I have been there before and didn't notice their dynos. Jeremy told me they have a dynojet and a mustang .. let me know ... and interested how good is their tuner . I just need to dyno my 6 speed stroker to confirm the figures given to me by the past owner and past dyno sheets and eventually in the future get my SC tuned ..

there are two black supras and two white SCs there right now that belong to good people I know .. and I believe the black or dark green SC of iridebmx is still there for repair too.
I saw one of the white supras, and the 2JZGTE is out of it... Rebuilding the bottom end, it belongs to Jay. The other green one belongs to Devon, a buddy of mine. He is the one that I actual bought some stuff for my build. I saw a MKIV in black in the back part. Didnt know anything about that. Their shop is very busy right now. Saw a total of four of them in there.

The tuning will not be done at Zen Motors, it wil be done at Lethal Injection or the other close by shop named ???? Performance. The tuner they are using is a guy they know and depend on with all their builds. Jeremy says he travels all over. I will know exactly who it is tomorrow when I meet them face to face. I dropped it off at Zen's to chnage the oil, let them look over everything and make sure it is all good, and change the wastegate with a larger spring..
Old 06-24-12, 02:44 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by kapetajr
Is it done yet..... lol
I know... I never thought this build would ever each this many pages. I wont even sleep tonight..
Old 06-24-12, 03:02 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=1992Lexus;7316519]The tuning will not be done at Zen Motors, it wil be done at Lethal Injection or the other close by shop named ???? Performance.

Hey Mark can you update us in the AM which shop pls? Lethal is in Alpharetta/Milton i live about a mile from this shop.
Old 06-24-12, 07:29 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Just read from start to finish through this thread. Complete awesomeness! Good luck tomorrow!!!!
Old 06-25-12, 03:47 AM
Graymatter
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I saw one of the white supras, and the 2JZGTE is out of it... Rebuilding the bottom end, it belongs to Jay. The other green one belongs to Devon, a buddy of mine. He is the one that I actual bought some stuff for my build. I saw a MKIV in black in the back part. Didnt know anything about that. Their shop is very busy right now. Saw a total of four of them in there.

The tuning will not be done at Zen Motors, it wil be done at Lethal Injection or the other close by shop named ???? Performance. The tuner they are using is a guy they know and depend on with all their builds. Jeremy says he travels all over. I will know exactly who it is tomorrow when I meet them face to face. I dropped it off at Zen's to chnage the oil, let them look over everything and make sure it is all good, and change the wastegate with a larger spring..
GGP now son!!!! Thanks to Zen
Old 06-25-12, 04:21 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

[quote=PoGikoSc4;7316547]
Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
The tuning will not be done at Zen Motors, it wil be done at Lethal Injection or the other close by shop named ???? Performance.

Hey Mark can you update us in the AM which shop pls? Lethal is in Alpharetta/Milton i live about a mile from this shop.
Are you saying that they don't have their own dyno ? I was told by Jeremy that they have a dynojet and a mustang when I was inquiring about it .
Old 06-25-12, 08:26 AM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

In for the results!
Old 06-25-12, 09:05 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went through your thread a few times. I saw you did the fuel ECU bypass. Did you have to do ANYTHING else to get power to your pump?
Old 06-25-12, 09:57 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OBEEWON
I went through your thread a few times. I saw you did the fuel ECU bypass. Did you have to do ANYTHING else to get power to your pump?
I wish I had input on that. I paid someone to make mine with the AEM. But he did wire up a relay and bypass the fuel pump ecu.
Old 06-25-12, 01:57 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Doomlight answered it correctly. Bypassed the fuel pump ecu completely. Used a seperate relay and triggered by ground by the AEM.
As for the dyno it is on hold. It has been here since 830, and they have been troubkeshooting the injector wiring. They retuned all the maps and started surging again. Still troubleshooting why it starts out rich then real lean with such a small adjustment on the AEM. I didnt think it would be like this since I have driven it so much. I will be leaving tuned or no tuned tomorrow regardless. As of right now it has been a wasted trip and I am totally disgusted right now with it. I wish I would have been posting videos instead of this sob story. Will update as it goes here.
Old 06-25-12, 02:10 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck man, hope they figure it out!
Old 06-25-12, 02:20 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, good luck getting it straight pal. This car has been a series of nasty battles, but the war is almost over
Old 06-25-12, 02:25 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So what you have a fuel pressure issue?
what pump do you have in the tank?
what's your BPF?
How much is the FP dropping?
How old is your fuel filter?
Are you sure the sock on the fuel pump intank is not clogged up?
Are the injectors brand new? If used did you have them flow tested?
Can you borrow a FPR maybe yours is faulty?
Old 06-25-12, 04:35 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

the fuel ressure is good, changed the coil packs, new plugs, and ignitor, still surging. Everytime we lean the idle out is surges more. Its driving everyone crazy. They are leaning toward the wiring of the harness.. Guys I need some help here.. I didnt have the injectors flow tested, due to them not being in the car very long. Maybe I should have.

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!