Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-12, 08:32 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, Zen Motors is in the process of installing a second 2JZ-GTE after the first one that was purchased **** the bed.
Old 07-16-12, 07:38 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Talk to Jeremy today on the way home, and it still hasn't been retuned yet. He was supposed to call me back this afternoon, and let me know if it will be ok to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.
Old 07-16-12, 07:46 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They need more workers!
Old 07-17-12, 04:58 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

these aren't the tuners you are looking for

*uses jedi power*
Old 07-17-12, 05:48 AM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Talk to Jeremy today on the way home, and it still hasn't been retuned yet. He was supposed to call me back this afternoon, and let me know if it will be ok to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.
You're reakky going to have to stay on top of them when it comes to phone calls. They get at least one from me everyday.
Old 07-18-12, 06:09 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by DoomLight
these aren't the tuners you are looking for

*uses jedi power*
Originally Posted by megamax
They need more workers!
I have been holding my tongue about this shop since I never brought my car to them but to take more than 3 weeks tuning a car with some minor work ... .. that confirms a lot of things told to me by people I know and had experience with them.

Originally Posted by DuWerke
You're reakky going to have to stay on top of them when it comes to phone calls. They get at least one from me everyday.
I don't blame you calling them every day ... for a shop to have your car for 13 months now .. hhhmmm

Mark , I hope you really get that car soon and begin to enjoy it. Did you say they added another -6an feed and -6an return to the existing stock lines or they replaced the stock lines with -6an lines ?

Last edited by gerrb; 07-18-12 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-18-12, 07:40 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

maybe there is another tuner in atlanta that can get your car sorted out.
Old 07-18-12, 11:23 AM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try TheTurboDave.com in Powder Springs Ga. I've never really dealt wit them before but maybe they can help. My friend told me that the owner is a **** but he knows what his doin.
Old 07-18-12, 12:04 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

turbo dave was at a couple drift events i went to watch. IIRC he was running that orange pickup with a 1uz with COPs, a remote mount turbo, and an AEM. pretty tough little truck...
Old 07-18-12, 12:12 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I talk to Jerremy yesterday. He assured me that the problem was the tuner who originally tuned my car doesn't work there any more, he took an engineering job that is a guarantee pay check. I really don't blame him for that. The problem is that Jeremy doesn't want me to pick up the car until the car is right. I gave him another week to complete the car and get it retuned. I trust Zen Motors to take it right and for them to reach my power goal of 500 plus on 18 pounds of boost on 93 octane. The bottom line is that they want it right and everything is flawless when I pick it up. He wants to make sure that I am a happy customer!
Old 07-18-12, 12:28 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they don't deliver in a week, they should return the car free of whatever is done to it. If u lost ur job and had to pay them, they wouldn't care, thed want their coin. Life sucks. But as a paying customer, who cares what happend to the tuner. A jobs a job. Hence why I hate shops. Back In my younger dayz I was burnt a few times by "shops" hence why I do everything myself nowadays. No layoffs, I work when I want to, and labor is always free!
Old 07-18-12, 12:36 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

I talk to Jerremy yesterday. He assured me that the problem was the tuner who originally tuned my car doesn't work there any more, he took an engineering job that is a guarantee pay check. I really don't blame him for that. The problem is that Jeremy doesn't want me to pick up the car until the car is right. I gave him another week to complete the car and get it retuned. I trust Zen Motors to take it right and for them to reach my power goal of 500 plus on 18 pounds of boost on 93 octane. The bottom line is that they want it right and everything is flawless when I pick it up. He wants to make sure that I am a happy customer!
Jeremy has told me the same thing.

I too trust them to get it right, granted it's taken 13 months, but I don't want to pay MORE money for someone else to fix something that should be done right the first time.

Granted, they know I'm not too 'thrilled' over the time frame, but they want the same from me too.
Old 07-18-12, 03:47 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

We all just hope that you get your car with good results and your expectations met the soonest without your wallet being broken.

I just can't help but wonder why they didn't tell you earlier than yesterday that their tuner is gone.. meanwhile you were patiently waiting for 3 weeks ...until Monday afternoon... and when they can't deliver they break the news of the tuner being gone. Wether it was an alibi or what , it will be nice if some motor shops can just be honest to their customers so they can make decisions accordingly and not waste time.

I guess if you notice a lot of people , that includes me, are closely monitoring the results of your tuning . On my end it was because I was looking for a good local tuner who could work on my SC eventually. I guess it will never be them .

Originally Posted by DuWerke
Jeremy has told me the same thing.

I too trust them to get it right, granted it's taken 13 months, but I don't want to pay MORE money for someone else to fix something that should be done right the first time.

Granted, they know I'm not too 'thrilled' over the time frame, but they want the same from me too.
You my friend commend you for being a very patient person !!!

TO BOTH OF YOU ... I hope for the best !!!

Last edited by gerrb; 07-18-12 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 10:55 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Good Lord, this was the longest most detailed thread I have ever read in my entire thread reading life!!!! Brother, I hope you get your car back soon. My 2nd Gen GS300 was down for 3 months while I was doing the 2jz swap in it and man it drove me nuts. 1j and 2j power cant be beat!!!!
Old 07-19-12, 04:54 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

i hope u can do it. you and me both! lol

if Nate can make 505 hp with a SAFC, borg warner turbo, 550cc injectors.

we can do it with 800cc + injectors, a full AEM, and similar sized Turbos!

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!