Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-12, 03:45 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
No problem man i just get a little upset when i post my findings and the others thinks i am lying or i am just making it up
I went through alot of crap in the past 5 years , i went through setups after setups try almost everything.
blew hg on my na-t, crank walked ,broken clutches, hydrolocked my engine, etc.. you name it, i pulled my motor out like every friday .
when i first joined this board the people that knew about these jz motors didn't wanna share with the rest of US so i had to tried and learn on my own. remember we are all here to learn for each other, you learn from me i learm from you I don't know everything and will never do

I am not angry my friend , just a little upset !

I asked you to pm me so we don't hijack this thread, and i can definitely learn some new stuff and you can lear some from me too

And i completely understand if you like running 20 psi on pump gas , it's alot of thing s that i do't like and i tried to talk people .
I don't like piggy backs, i don't like knock off parts, i don't like small turbos, i don't like small injectors, i don't like half @ss swaps , i don't like dirty engine bays, i don't like the brand apple..

my na-t 9.6-9.8 cr tuned for 17 psi , then my boost controler took a dump , so i raced a 750cc bike and spanked him while my boost controler took a dump and i didn't know i was hitting 24 psi and bam bHG . I was as crap .

when i was doing my vvti cylinder head on 2jzge block ,i was the first one to do atleast at that time , i needed help with the wiring and the first guys that actually started using the vvti coils on aem and deleted the distributor didn't wanna share the info, i pmed them and up to this day i never got a reply from them. but that's not cool and that's not why we're here.

I probably get more pms daily than DaveGS4 , and remember i don't know everything , there are issues that i haven't ran into but like i said i came acroos alot of stuff dealing with my car and other peoples projects.

If i knew it wasn't possible i would never tell anyone , or let anyone hurt their motors, i have been that road so i know how it feels to have all this money tied up in a car specially when you have wife and kids

Like i said it's all about the tuner and the setup !

Mark ,

this is a hobby for me but i take it very seriously! why? because we spend alot of money on our cars and modding these cars is not cheap so you an i both don't to BS people.

Tune it for 18 psi and see what happen get use to the power and then go from there
Ok so thats the first 5yrs of my experiences^^^^^^^^^^^ now we just have about 7 or 8 yrs more to go and about 4 more motors God knows how many trannys,turbo's and sets of injectors and still here only trying to keep you guys out of some of my pitfalls $$$$$ as is Quick but rest assured I am not the master of knowledge but if I post I've done something rest assured it was done and the outcome was positive then I try and share my knowledge

GL to all present and future builders and if I can help I will
Old 07-21-12, 07:05 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

really is that like the only shop in that area? this is crazy..

You need tuning also?
More than that...I'm waiting on a 2JZ-GTE swap.
Old 07-21-12, 08:25 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DuWerke
More than that...I'm waiting on a 2JZ-GTE swap.
wtf Dude your car still there?! smh.. hopefully you didnt give them any money yet.
Old 07-21-12, 08:43 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lol ok so what's the hold up? wow you guys have alot of patience , and better men than i am that's for sure !

I hope you guys work it out and GL.
Old 07-22-12, 01:43 AM
jgilk1
Rookie

there is no magic boost to octane ratio... what it comes down to is what your tuner is capable of doing with his laptop.... i mean i would rather have better throttle response on lower boost levels then higher (unusable) numbers at a higher boost level

theres no reason with a proper tune on 93 you should not be able to hit 500 hp on 20# of boost and still be street able

and theres no reason a tuner should have a car for over a month let alone 13+ i would be pulling cars from the lot and contacting a lawyer... but then that's me
Old 07-22-12, 08:38 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
wtf Dude your car still there?! smh.. hopefully you didnt give them any money yet.
You sound mad ! ... lol... Well I don't blame you too.. knowing what you have been through with some of these local shops around. Damn, I know it ain't funny looking for a tow truck at midnight and getting your car towed 2 AM back to your home from one of these shops out of your exasperation. Then , your wife wanting to set that car on fire... LMAOL... for bringing that car to different shops that can't get it to run.

Funny , now your car's engine is running and these shops can't get it done... you can't even install an electrical oil gauge and yet you resolved an engine wiring problem... You lucky bastard ! .. lol...

Lol ok so what's the hold up?
Some of these shops simply don't have the expertise or even equipments they claim they have or brag about. They just subcontract work which in turn drives customers cost higher and timetable longer. When a shop subcontracts major works , they can't control the timetable. They are at the mercy of their subcontractors. Honesty is something that some of these shops have to work on .. NOT CARS !

Originally Posted by megamax
If u lost ur job and had to pay them, they wouldn't care, thed want their coin. Life sucks. But as a paying customer, who cares what happend to the tuner. A jobs a job.
Originally Posted by jgilk1
and theres no reason a tuner should have a car for over a month let alone 13+
well said my friends. A shop's problem is not a customer's problem. If they commit something, then they have the obligation to deliver based on their commitments...no alibis or excuses.. they should have planned well the WHAT IFS of their business and not make their customers suffer for their inefficiencies....but hey,that is just my personal view

Again, I hope the OP gets his car done as promised in a week. That was said to him last Tuesday. Was that right ? Damn, hard to read and write on a smartphone keyboard.... so small... Yehey ..and that will be in 2 days.. . We will finally find out the verdict. The shop had blamed the stock fuel line for makiing only 308rwhp. (We all know, those lines would have delivered at least between 450-500rwhp) So they recommended to install -6 lines ( aren't the stock fuel lines -5 in size ?) I hope that was an addition to the stock lines. We are eagerly waiting Mark .. GL and we hope for the best !!!

Last edited by gerrb; 07-23-12 at 05:43 AM.
Old 07-23-12, 12:26 AM
jgilk1
Rookie

Originally Posted by gerrb
well said my friend. A shop's problem is not a customer's problem. If they commit something, then they have the obligation to deliver based on their commitments...no alibis or excuses.. they should have planned well the WHAT IFS of their business. ...but that is just my personal view
just a good idea of where not to take the red dragon hahaha

first rule never deal with a tuner shop that subcontracts when you are trying to get the car dyno tuned.... never deal with a shop that takes 13+ months to change a motor 2jz -> 2jz

and never buy a car from a sales man wearing a cow boy hat
Old 07-23-12, 12:39 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Lmao.. ^^ you guys are funny^^

I think it's safe to say everyone should pick there cars up from that shop and work on a plan b cause this is just l ridiculous!!

But, in a effort to bring this thread back in the right direction.
Question to the OP Have you stop by the shop lately to figure out what they have done lately or whats the next step to getting this problem resolved?
Old 07-24-12, 05:44 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sooo. now that we got the tuner saga out the way. whats the deal with this car... i think between the two of us. we have two 3500 pound cars capable of 500+ hp just sitting at a driveway somewhere brain dead. lol
Old 07-24-12, 02:20 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

so mark, is there a new expected pickup date?

i am anxious!
Old 07-25-12, 05:09 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Another week had passed. I hope it is good news from Zen Motorshop instead of an excuse or alibi .

jgilk1 - No worries , not even the shadows of the red dragon , they will see .
Old 07-25-12, 05:35 AM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be giving Dan a call today and have a 'coming to Jesus' meeting. I'm afraid if I go up there in person, I'm going to be a little more' intense' and that doesn't bode well for anyone involved.
Old 07-25-12, 02:51 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Hey Mark...Any News?
Old 07-25-12, 03:29 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

uuh ohh ..

I guess 13 months is now just too much for a 2jz swap... huh ...

Duwerke, I know 5 other people whose cars are in that shop aside from yours . One is out and I can tell you, he aint happy especially his pocket. I wish I have known you earlier so I could have warned you before hand.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-25-12 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-27-12, 03:16 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I understand why Mark isn't giving any update on this thread. After talking with him today, I can sense his exasperation and disappointment. He has nothing to add since car isn't tuned yet. I hope this shop just refund him much of what he has paid so he can move on. Taking more than a month to tune a car is just plain ridiculuous. Zen Motorshop is still trying to set the schedule with the tuner and shop with the dyno as of today...... These people should not be accepting work for which they don't have any expertise or much more equipment. So people beware of this shop. One or I would say some of our members on this forum are having their worst nightmare.

I believe regardless if it is tuned or not by next Thursday, he is pulling out that car. We still hope it can be tuned so whatever Mark had paid won't go to waste. The amount of money he has paid so far this freaking shop ain't a joke either.

Damn ... I still commend Mark for being patient ! All hell breaks loose .. if it was me.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-27-12 at 04:45 PM.

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!