Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-12, 08:32 AM
SFrymyah
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GGPIS3
all I am going to say in regards to this is that the wheels were already in motion. none of the bickering, **** talking, stabs had anything to do with us moving forward. For anyone here to think they had anything to do with us taking care of our customers is highly mistaken. we care about our customers and have always worked with our customers to fix any unhappy situations.
So its coincidence that you call OP and express your frustration with this thread and comments being made and the car magically goes to the dyno next day. Rather than worry about whats being said here, give us some results. Finish the car this thread is about and get some work done in the shop. The current state of this thread never happens when stuff gets done in a timely, quality fashion. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled this stuff is finally being done, but at what expense to your reputation at this point?

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Please don't even start..with ^^^ .

How about the gte swaps that took 13months and still not done did you take care of those guys too?

First of all i deleted my post on the previous pages , I wasn't gonna even post anymore. We all tired of seing teh Op gets screw but he still gives you guys a chance
I'm with this guy.
Old 08-03-12, 09:19 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Clublexus is not a place where I feel it is necessary to comment on every decision and action we make. It is unfortunate that many people feel the need to persecute based on certain information they have received without knowing the full picture.

I already knew by posting in here, more questions would pop up, more instigating would continue and more time would be wasted if I sat here and responded to each and every one of you.

So do what you have to do. We will continue to work on our customers cars and hopefully, they will leave with a smile on their face.

Last edited by 99SC42; 08-03-12 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-03-12, 09:48 AM
jgilk1
Rookie

Originally Posted by GGPIS3
Clublexus is not a place where I feel it is necessary to comment on every decision and action we make. It is unfortunate that many people feel the need to persecute based on certain information they have received without knowing the full picture.

I already knew by posting in here, more questions would pop up, more instigating would continue and more time would be wasted if I sat here and responded to each and every one of you.

So do what you have to do. We will continue to work on our customers cars and hopefully, they will leave with a smile on their face.
i don't know the whole story of the 2jz>2jz swap but after 13 months+ of sitting there cant Jose, or Javier come in on an extra Saturday or Sunday to get that done???

if customer satisfaction means so much to you??? get it done and get it out im sure after 13 months you sure have made a considerable fortune...
the line marked in red sounds like you really dont care if they walk away happy with your work or not long as you get paid not a way to do business there...

Last edited by jgilk1; 08-03-12 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-03-12, 10:36 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jgilk1
i don't know the whole story of the 2jz>2jz swap but after 13 months+ of sitting there cant Jose, or Javier come in on an extra Saturday or Sunday to get that done???

if customer satisfaction means so much to you??? get it done and get it out im sure after 13 months you sure have made a considerable fortune...
the line marked in red sounds like you really dont care if they walk away happy with your work or not long as you get paid not a way to do business there...

considerable fortune? not even close. i don't want to clutter up mark's thread, but I will leave you with this.... on Justin's car, i made the mistake of ordering an obd2 motor for an obd1 car. then we extended his harness which then found it wouldn't work with the obd1 set up. We contracted Chase Bays to fix the harness for us and that was the 2nd mistake. After 6-8 months of them sending us a harness that didn't work or was mispinned or was missing sections of the harness, we finally took it upon ourselves to fix their mistakes. We have the engine harness side complete, but still need to finish the trans harness. Through this time frame, the engine that was initially purchased took a **** after the 2nd start up and was no longer under warranty. Engine seized completely. So, at no cost to the customer (other than time), I bought him another 2jz-gte with my own money. Not only that, we have painted his wheels for free, custom painted his valvecovers and airbrushed them for free, given him a free set of 550cc injectors and so on. We are doing everything we can to help ease the pain of the length of time and mistakes that have occurred.

When i say "hopefully," it is because I understand their frustration. I have been screwed by many shops back in the day and I will never do that to any of my customers. I can't promise mistakes will never be made, but we stand behind our work and will always try to resolve the problem the best we can. now im going to get back to work. have a good day.

Last edited by GGPIS3; 08-03-12 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-03-12, 11:28 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok folks, this thread will come to an end, if this bickering back and forth doesnt come to a hault. This is my thread, my car, and as a moderator, I must now step in. This is not Supra forums, they let everything go over there. So with being said, lets keep my thread clean and useable to other future SC400/1JZ swaps. I am sure that Zen Motors will take care of me and future customers. I knew about some of the things about the 2JZ swap with Gerb, but not about the painting stuff and so on.

Lets keep this thread on track and the opinions down or I will be forced to delete the entire thing.

Not trying to be an blanky blank blank, but lets stay on track... Awaiting the 500 plus dyno results with several HD vidoes.... :-)
Old 08-03-12, 01:30 PM
Graymatter
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Ok folks, this thread will come to an end, if this bickering back and forth doesnt come to a hault. This is my thread, my car, and as a moderator, I must now step in. This is not Supra forums, they let everything go over there. So with being said, lets keep my thread clean and useable to other future SC400/1JZ swaps. I am sure that Zen Motors will take care of me and future customers. I knew about some of the things about the 2JZ swap with Gerb, but not about the painting stuff and so on.

Lets keep this thread on track and the opinions down or I will be forced to delete the entire thing.

Not trying to be an blanky blank blank, but lets stay on track... Awaiting the 500 plus dyno results with several HD vidoes.... :-)
Well said Mark!! Yo its crazy how this began as a real informative thread to an all out bashing of a shop. Personally my experience with Zen building my SC was great. They did my 1jz swap and in the process now of doing my fully built 2jzgte swap.

Mark, when you get your car back I'm the first to ride shotgun!
Old 08-03-12, 01:33 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LXCLSVE
Well said Mark!! Yo its crazy how this began as a real informative thread to an all out bashing of a shop. Personally my experience with Zen building my SC was great. They did my 1jz swap and in the process now of doing my fully built 2jzgte swap.

Mark, when you get your car back I'm the first to ride shotgun!
Nope! I call dibs! Dibs outweighs shotgun.
Old 08-03-12, 01:54 PM
Graymatter
Rookie

Originally Posted by DuWerke
Nope! I call dibs! Dibs outweighs shotgun.
Hahaha!!! Rock, Paper, Scissors fam! Someone has to sit in the backseat. LOL
Old 08-03-12, 02:09 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LXCLSVE
Hahaha!!! Rock, Paper, Scissors fam! Someone has to sit in the backseat. LOL
Done as done!
Old 08-03-12, 03:11 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Don't worry it will pull strong with three passengers. I have room for one more. Lol

Any takers?
Old 08-03-12, 03:44 PM
Graymatter
Rookie

4 grown men in a SC, not a good look. LOL
Old 08-03-12, 10:33 PM
jgilk1
Rookie

well since none of you called it i will drive and 1992lexus can sit in back with LXCLSVE since he cant properly call the passenger seat hahahaha....

so you have built a 500hp street car and its been over a week since i went through the entire thread whats your suspension looking like?

Last edited by jgilk1; 08-03-12 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-04-12, 10:32 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

The suspension is sitting on Espliers in the front and Tanabe in the rear, sitting on Tokico Blues. I replaced all of the upper and lower bushings, sway bar links, rack and pinion bushings, and new strut mounts. Drives very tight.
Old 08-06-12, 06:44 AM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

so mark what's the pickup date?

i'm assuming your car isn't just sitting with the tuner untuned and still waiting to go on the dyno.
Old 08-06-12, 07:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

just like everyone else , I can't wait to see the results of last friday's tuning session ..hoping to have hit the 500+rwhp ?

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!