Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-12 | 04:53 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Finally.... they have finished tuning Mark's car. He is now a happy guy ....... It hit the 500+rwhp with 93 octane.... but I will let him post the final numbers and video when he is able. They are just sorting some minor issues now so he could take the 180 miles trip back home with the car.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-09-12 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-09-12 | 05:17 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gerrb
Finally.... they have finished tuning Mark's car. He is now a happy guy ....... It hit the 500+rwhp with 93 octane.... but I will let him post the final numbers and video when he is able. They are just sorting some minor issues now so he could take the 180 miles trip back home with the car.
wow color me impressed. can't wait to see final numbers. this has been a long journey.
Old 08-09-12 | 06:25 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gerrb
I know he's grinning from ear to ear! I know I would be!
Old 08-09-12 | 06:28 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Totally Awesome!!! Very happy to hear that its finally Official! I bet it Hit 522HP 420Tourque!!

Last edited by PoGikoSc4; 08-09-12 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-09-12 | 07:23 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DoomLight
wow color me impressed. can't wait to see final numbers. this has been a long journey.
Oh yeah ! Indeed a long journey .

Originally Posted by DuWerke
I know he's grinning from ear to ear! I know I would be!
The sound of his voice surely was a very pleasant one when he called me at around 8pm ..... he is indeed very happy and can't wait to get out of Zen's place. Am not just sure if they were able to get the part he needed to drive the car back home. Unfortunately I didn't have one since it was an R154 part. ........... Now it's your turn JB.

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Totally Awesome!!! Very happy to hear that its finally Official! I bet it Hit 522HP 420Tourque!!
RWHP ? Secret ........ lmaol ....wait for Mark to log back in ..... I will let him divulge the numbers .. it's his car .. .. all I can say is it is a +500rwhp car with pump gas 93

Last edited by gerrb; 08-09-12 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-09-12 | 07:31 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

what type of r154 parts?
Old 08-09-12 | 07:48 PM
maceugood
Pole Position

Congratulations Mark!! Glad this ordeal is almost over for you. Can't wait to see vid.
Old 08-09-12 | 08:15 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

some pages back he got a crap ton of free r154 parts. im sure he has it in his new stash of back up parts. this is nothing :-D
Old 08-09-12 | 08:20 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DoomLight
some pages back he got a crap ton of free r154 parts. im sure he has it in his new stash of back up parts. this is nothing :-D
oh yeahh... but didnt he posted some of them FS? well hopefully he got em so he can take that baby home.

Last edited by PoGikoSc4; 08-09-12 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-09-12 | 10:09 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

I approve!!!!!!
Old 08-10-12 | 12:21 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Well guys the long awaited journey has come to an end. Many of you stuck by this thread from day one, and it goes to show just how many people really wanted to see the end results. I just got home after driving 247 miles from their shop. The end results will posted tomorrow! So log back in tomorrow, video will also be uploaded with Dyno chart.
Old 08-10-12 | 06:52 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Like 24 hours from your last post or later today lol
Old 08-10-12 | 11:22 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Ok guys here goes....

Drum roll please......

But before we go there and post videos and such, I wanted to say something. Everyone on here has been following this thread from a long time now. If everyone would remember the start date, it has been down right at a year now or so. Long time waiting. I have to applaud the team effort from Zen Motors for completing this wiring, fuel, and tune issue. When I arrived at the shop yesterday, my car still wasnt there, and I had talk with Jeremy and Torey. I told them face to face that I really appreciated all their hard work, long hours, and apolgized for anyone flaming them on here. Dan rather took the comments personal on here, but after our long talk yesterday, we are still cool. He thinks I am still gay prolly right now, after what he told me my car made. When he told me, I ran over to him and gave him a bear hug. It was funny.

On the way back from the dyno, the throwout bearing come loose or the spring and was not allowing the clutch to be pushed in. Had to come back to their shop and get their trailer and load it up. Then about thirty minutes it seemed went by, and someone come and got some wood so the front bumper wouldnt drag. After another few minutes, my SC arrived. We went to work, pulling the tranny. Me and Torey had it on the gorund in a matter of 45 minutes. He is a really sharp and very very knowledgable guy. We found the problem, everything else looked good. I called a few CL members and no one had one. Luckily, another buddy on here, LXCLUSIVE had his on his tranny, just lying there. We robbed Peter to pay Paul. lol Got everything back together, changed the oil with a larger filter, drained the tranny, put in new stuff, made a hole in the channel for the new placement of the shifter, and wolla, on the road. Dan road me with for the first time after it was finished. OMG!!! It pulled so freaking hard. I dont know why everyone says the 1JZ is sorta slack compared to the 2JZ. I was smiling ear to ear. The wait was finally over, but wait there is more... Dan told me that after the last few pulls on the dyno, the car was losing HP, but it was the knock sensors going bad. They did a compression check and all six cylinders were 150-155 on all of them. AWESOME!!!!

In the end, you will have to make your on assumption and idea about these guys at Zen Motors. Dan told me personally that some things just are uncontrollable and it happens, some are alot longer than anticipated, but some are shorter. Mine was kinda in between. I never gave up hope on the completion of my SC. The wait is over, I am very happy with my SC, and it made 522 rwhp, and 420 rwtq at 21 pounds of boost, this is on 93, and no early detonation. This was done on a DynoJet and was SAE tuned with true numbers. I want to give a shout out to everyone there, and make it public. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, EFFORT, PATIENCE, ENERGY, DETERMINATION, AND POSITIVE ATTITUDE TO DO WHATEVER YOU HAD TO DO TO MAKE MY CAR HIT THE NUMBER THAT I WAS AFTER. THANK YOU !!!!! I was grinning all the way home!!!! It took every part of my right foot to stay out of it all the way back to Alabama. I also figured up my gas mileage with the AC on the whole time. Got 19.8 MPG.

Here is the video links... ENJOY!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgIFs...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skgwt...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-10-12 | 11:24 AM
kapetajr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by doomlight
like 24 hours from your last post or later today lol
lol...

Congratulations on the numbers, 1JZ's are holding it down

Last edited by kapetajr; 08-10-12 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-10-12 | 11:42 AM
CrZxDrAgOn
Pole Position

nice congrats buddy!!! now i gotta get injectors and dyno my ****!!!!

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!