Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-12, 06:44 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you guys for the nice compliments. I will actually have some pictures of the whole car today. It's nice here in Bama and going out for a ride today.
Old 09-23-12, 01:46 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by Clean400
Dude the finished wheels look great. Have any shots of the whole car with them on?
As a matter of fact i do. was taking this morning in the parking lot of Lowes. if you all knew how many people was wondering what i was doin
Old 09-23-12, 02:23 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the stance of your car. I need to get myself a 400 lip soon too.
Old 09-23-12, 06:43 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by food7373
I love the stance of your car. I need to get myself a 400 lip soon too.
Thanks man. I think after your springs are installed, yours will be prolly lower. I am lowered on Esplier in front and Tanabe in back. Don't ask why, but everyone seems to think the stance is good. The lip is going to be a nightmare to find in good shape and not cracked. If you find one, buy it, don't wait, just buy it if in real good shape.
Old 09-23-12, 07:04 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Thanks man. I think after your springs are installed, yours will be prolly lower. I am lowered on Esplier in front and Tanabe in back. Don't ask why, but everyone seems to think the stance is good. The lip is going to be a nightmare to find in good shape and not cracked. If you find one, buy it, don't wait, just buy it if in real good shape.
I almost bought myself a pair of Espelirs, but then I realized living out in the country and having to daily drive on bad roads wouldn't agree well with those, so I found a good deal on barely used TT suspension. And I am always constantly looking for a nice lip.... One day a good deal will arrive and I will get to it first.
Old 09-23-12, 07:43 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I almost bought myself a pair of Espelirs, but then I realized living out in the country and having to daily drive on bad roads wouldn't agree well with those, so I found a good deal on barely used TT suspension. And I am always constantly looking for a nice lip.... One day a good deal will arrive and I will get to it first.
Let me shed some light on the TT springs/struts, they will be real close to the lowering springs I have, but will be more even in the rear also. The spring rate will be dramatically better of course from the OEM springs, unless you decide to change them too. Only time will tell..
Old 09-24-12, 02:43 AM
jgilk1
Rookie

(2 months worth of catching up in 20 minutes wow nice dyno numbers)

dont take this as me being an ***... but you torched the stock rotors and upgraded to larger discs and 4pots off an ls400... aside from cost why did you not go with a slotted and driller? and why rubber break hoses...

(my passenger front is warped is why im asking and looking to do a break job in the next month) any input is nice
Old 09-24-12, 03:36 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Let me shed some light on the TT springs/struts, they will be real close to the lowering springs I have, but will be more even in the rear also. The spring rate will be dramatically better of course from the OEM springs, unless you decide to change them too. Only time will tell..
Yeah, the Espelirs seem to be the lowest drop for springs, and I didn't want to have to do any mods inside the fender wells. I've read a lot of people who have the TT suspension don't have to do any mods in the fender, so I am hoping I can get by without touching the lining or relocating the wiring harness. I'm excited to see how the suspension looks when it's on.
Old 09-24-12, 05:47 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by jgilk1
(2 months worth of catching up in 20 minutes wow nice dyno numbers)

dont take this as me being an ***... but you torched the stock rotors and upgraded to larger discs and 4pots off an ls400... aside from cost why did you not go with a slotted and driller? and why rubber break hoses...

(my passenger front is warped is why im asking and looking to do a break job in the next month) any input is nice
Research has proven that the drilled and slotted rotors are for cars that see the track more often or strictly track than a daily driver or even a once a week driver. Secondly, the people who have personally spoken with, they stated the slotted ones are OK, but not drilled, due to them cracking. Thirdly, the other thing is that I heard you cant turn them once warped or wore out. Have to replace them. The stock LS400 gave me more surface to grasp compared to the OEM ones. Plus a larger caliper for more stopping distance and not so spongy feel that I had at high speeds. The lines were on back ordered when the new LS400 were placed on the car. The steel one have been ordered, just not arrived yet. The rubber ones I have had for a while, but really no reason to put on until the upgrade was indeed needed. The stock SC400 on my car plainly sucked.

Thanks for the dyno numbers compliments. . A long journey, but the patience and effort paid off in my book.
Old 09-24-12, 05:51 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Yeah, the Espelirs seem to be the lowest drop for springs, and I didn't want to have to do any mods inside the fender wells. I've read a lot of people who have the TT suspension don't have to do any mods in the fender, so I am hoping I can get by without touching the lining or relocating the wiring harness. I'm excited to see how the suspension looks when it's on.
The information you have been provided is correct. With these springs I have, I had to remove the inner fender liner and do a harness relocate to the engine bay. Nothing hard, but just for a piece of mind. GL with your install and post alot of pictures. I will be checking the thread of yours later.
Old 09-24-12, 06:57 AM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys.I couldn't have done it without the other thread. I even thought of just putting the Infinity caps on there and calling it the day, then I said, NaH.. aint having that on my Lex. All i need now is a complete set of TT rear calipers and rotors and she will be done for now. Well almost.

Dewerke how is the car man?
Zen had to upgrade me to a Aristo A/T because they couldn't figure out the wiring. It shifts and moves under its own power. Picking it up on Thursday.
Old 09-24-12, 12:51 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Well that is good news man.

had my first kill. sitting at a red light and along comes beside me was a camaro ss. we looked at one another and hit it once the light turned. he got me till i hit boost in second. tbe sc said we holla!! We stopped at the next light and we talked. He was a cool guy. He simply said you have a turbo? I said yeah, Borg Worner.. he said, that thing is f***ing fast.... i just smiled and said thanks. wish i had it on video.
Old 09-24-12, 02:19 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the kill
Old 09-24-12, 05:40 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can't wait to kill slow camaros too! *jealous*
Old 09-24-12, 08:22 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

On the way back from the doctor today, the car was idling fine and running smooth. Then it just died, out of no where... I cruised or creeped to the closet parking lot and was very aggravated. Called a few folks and they gave me some ideas to check.. The FPR showed 0 on the gauge. I then checked the battery connections and all was good. Checked the fuse going to the separate relay for the fuel pump and all was good. Changed the fuse out anyway. I then checked the main efi fuse and it was good. I had the wife pick me up and bring me home. Hated to see the Lex left behind. Got home grabbed my laptop, few tools, volt meter and so on. Got back and rechecked all the stuff again, found no cracked, broken, vacuum lines. Everything seemed in order. I then removed the back seat since the FPR was showing 0. Checked the volts at the relay, showed 12.34 and the output showed close to that with the key on. Had the wife go buy a new relay anyway just rule this out, plus there cheap. Replaced it and a no go. Still had same volts, but still NO noise coming from the fuel pump. I think the TT USED fuel pump just took a dump. I will check the output on the AEM tomorrow and double check everything I did in the dark of the parking lot. Yes, my light went out on me. If anyone has any other thoughts, please chime in.. The way the car acted, stalled, and sounded while restarting sounds like no fuel. Plus I dont here it, and the new relay is getting the correct volts. I should hear the pump run as soon as I turn the key on. I know if the temp is too hot the AEM will shutdown the fuel, at least that's what I was told. Temp gauge never got above normal, everything seemed great that I could possibly see or find. This post is useless without pictures.....

at least it looked good being towed home.... again if anyone has some thoughts on this, lmk..... I am upgrading this pump to a Walbro 255 or 400lph...

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!