Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-11, 05:22 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
About the 800cc injectors, the guy I bought them from special ordered them out of Japan. Completely plug in play. I will try to find out more for you. I think he mentioned the name of them on page 7-8 in this thread.
how much did you get the injectors for?
Old 10-24-11, 06:15 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i looked on the website.. power enterprises and they make drop in injectors for the 1jz that are high impedience. but they are 160 each injector. so ur looking at short of a grand for all 6 injectors. ouchie!

i saw an ebay seller that had some for like 600. but i dont know if he knows that what he is selling are low or high impedence.
Old 10-24-11, 06:54 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I shouldn't be saying what I bought everything for, but since someone is asking, I will share. I paid 1500 for the full exhaust, HKS carbon fiber slip on, complete fuel rail with injectors, Tial 44 mm wastegaste with piping, K and N filter with intake tubing, manifold, and the down pipe. Another member on here became a good but distance friend of mine, who hooked me up. I was very patient and waiting on this stuff. You know who you are. He is building a 2JZ around 900rwhp on E85.
Old 10-25-11, 04:15 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Get that shifter housing Welded back up. $60<$200
Old 10-25-11, 02:35 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I was thinking of doing that, I was wondering what affect, if any, will it have in the shifter.
Old 10-25-11, 03:32 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

As long as it's bolted down when they weld it, it will stay in the same shape.

The inside seam can be welded, filled, and dressed clean.

This is how they remove the tumbler valves in EJ boxer engines.

It only adding, or taking away metal. How hard can it be!?
Old 10-25-11, 03:49 PM
Graymatter
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I shouldn't be saying what I bought everything for, but since someone is asking, I will share. I paid 1500 for the full exhaust, HKS carbon fiber slip on, complete fuel rail with injectors, Tial 44 mm wastegaste with piping, K and N filter with intake tubing, manifold, and the down pipe. Another member on here became a good but distance friend of mine, who hooked me up. I was very patient and waiting on this stuff. You know who you are. He is building a 2JZ around 900rwhp on E85.

I heard its going to be a monster!! Your build is coming along good!!! Can't wait to see this beast in action.
Old 10-25-11, 04:29 PM
blueboost6
Rookie

Mark that thing is going to be a highway terrorist.

Roll Tide
Old 10-26-11, 06:52 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Thanks for the compliments... The budget is slowing swindling down to the nub.. I had to fork out for my wife and stepdaughter to go to New York next month with the school. That nearly wiped out my budget build money. It was in the thousands, I will just say that.

A little more progress done today.. I found a bolt to block off the front oil drain from the stock turbo. Built the rest of the feed line. It almost had me cussing.. I ended cutting it three or four times, and finally it went in. It worked for the best, now it looks like its the correct length in my book. I installed the spark plugs. I went with the best I could find here local. I hope they are the right ones. I correctly installed the lock washer on the lightened flywheel. I polished up the fron housing of the turbo. Its shiny now I might add. I am awaiting the front driveshaft, clutch fork, slave cylinder, top cam over, and exhaust gasket.

Now, lets talk cams for a few minutes. There is another member who has the stock USDM 2JZGTE cams for sale. I have read that thesecan be grinded to meet the 1JZ specs, and help the 1JZ spool a little faster. The problem is that I have only found these specs on them. Around 38.15mm for the oil seal. exahaust cam, front journal should be around 22.15. Someone please take me to cam school in what I need to do to get these to work. I want to order the BC stage 2, but they are still on back order. I also havent found a local shop to do what I am asking. I did call CompCams and they said around 1000 bucks. Someone please clarify what I need to say and do for the 2JZGTE cams to work, if possible. Thanks for those who have stuck around and watched it get built slowly and surely. I cant wait to attach the video from youtube on its first start up.

Enjoy the few pictures...

The correct way to install the lock washer for the flywheel bolts.. I also installed the pilot bearing..

The spark plugs I bought at Advanced, they were 8.99 a piece.. I used the best they had with the stock ones that came out of it originally.. If they are wrong, please someone speak up..

The front blocked off oil with new bolt...

The polished front part of the compressor wheel housing.. Its pretty shiny with just a wire wheel on a drill and some Mothers polish..

The lines ran, not too fond of the oil drain position but it will be sufficient for what it is. Its dead on the 6 oclock position and the feed is 12 noon high.

Also mounted the thermostat, with housing and made a new seal.. Need to paint these bolts.. No one should see them.. :-)

I also dropped off the water pump assembly to have the two return lines cutoff and welded smooth. I also took him the top shifter housing off of the tranny and I am awaiting the results on this. I hope he does a good job. If he does, he get the shifter next and extend it.
Old 10-27-11, 04:58 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

I used a oil drain plug with copper gasket to block off one of the two oil supply holes to the turbos.
Old 10-27-11, 09:51 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Yeah, I thought of that. I tried four different ones I had, and they were all too long to go in completely. I bought a new bolt, cut it in half, check the thread with the tap and die set, and applied some high temp silicone around the threads. Problem fixed.

I ordered the turbo cover this morning. I hope it fits. I am debating on wrapping the manifold. Alot of people who have had theirs wrapped, please chime in, did it or did it not make a difference. I am after cleaniless and power.

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 10-27-11 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-27-11, 10:39 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

im curious about the wrapping too. i dont wanna enchance cracking by making the heat bundle up
Old 10-27-11, 12:12 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

Progress progress progress. Looking good!
Old 10-27-11, 01:07 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Thanks man. I appreciate it.. I just wish I could figure something out about the 2JZGTE cams to fit my car. I wont this behind me, so I can put the motor together. How is the vinyl wrapping coming along on the lip?
Old 10-27-11, 03:37 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Just got to get the front journal machined, according to this guy.

Got 1000rpm of usable power without any loss or lag increase!

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...-2jz-cam-shaft

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!