Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-12, 03:32 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully it is just the pump, and nothing more...
Old 09-25-12, 11:09 PM
jgilk1
Rookie

you know the thing is that this goes back to the issue you might have been having on the dyno with fuel... it may just be that the pump its self was going out but being a toyota.... IT JUST WOULDN'T GIVE UP!!!!!

first question and sorry i have to ask... does it have gas?

oh yeah no car ever looks good on the back of a flat bed truck...

Last edited by jgilk1; 09-25-12 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-26-12, 01:06 AM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus

at least it looked good being towed home.... again if anyone has some thoughts on this, lmk..... I am upgrading this pump to a Walbro 255 or 400lph...
Damn right it looks good even being towed! I like the clear side markets and clear corner bulbs. I might have to do that to my car. The exterior of your car is mad clean it gives me ideas. If you need a cheap fuel pump that works well I've been using a Denso/Kyosan Supra TT pump and it's been working great. If not Walbro's are always a great buy.
Old 09-26-12, 07:32 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Figured out my problem yesterday after making two more phone calls to my trusty Lexus guru's.. It was the remote turn on going to the fuel pump relay. Remember I have ran separate power going to mine to keep the constant power more than using the stock wiring. I ran a separate new line from the relay triggering the AEM. Life is all good. I thought for sure the used TT fuel pump was bad, but after I gave it constant power, it came on every time. Those things are expensive from advanced auto or autozone. Like around 400 minus my online discount...

The side markers are original. I don't think anyone has ever done them using a original headlight lense cover. That's what I did, to keep the same line pattern and it match the front headlight lense.

Thanks for the compliments! I appreciate every lst one of them. This thread is getting really long, but informative with the conversion of the SC400 with a 1JZ using the AEM patch harness from DM.

On a side note my new Lexus vinyl stickers came yesterday in the mail. I will see if they will work today. Of course I will post some pictures. I hope they stay on...
Old 09-26-12, 07:36 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by jgilk1
you know the thing is that this goes back to the issue you might have been having on the dyno with fuel... it may just be that the pump its self was going out but being a toyota.... IT JUST WOULDN'T GIVE UP!!!!!

first question and sorry i have to ask... does it have gas?

oh yeah no car ever looks good on the back of a flat bed truck...
That was the first thing I did was put five gallons in it, and still a no go. I really need to get the sending unit fixed in the gas tank.
Old 10-24-12, 01:16 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Bumping this thread because I want more videos!!!
Old 11-06-12, 05:47 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Sorry for no update.. The car has been really super relaible, no issues really.... Well maybe one. I thought it had caught fire. I was inline to get on the base, keep in mind, the center line, twenty cars back, and I started seeing white smoke from under the hood. I panicked. I jump out and luckily I had my firefighting gear with me and quickly put in on from the trunk. Grabbed the extinguisher, and opened the hood, with the nozzle in hand. I was in the PASS mode of firefighting. If you dont know what PASS means, then google it. LOL.. Back to the story, The white smoke was pouring from the passenger side. Two cops arrived on scene. They reported NO FIRE, and it was a federal firefighters car on base. Finally I got a smell of antifreeze. It was from a rubber cap that I had placed on the line that went to the stock turbos. I cut it off, but I didnt get it welded. I just capped it off with a new clamp. The cops called the local tow company, to have it towed back to the station. I knew I could fix it in the parking lot. Next thing I here is sirens from my boys, the fire truck arrived, all bunkered out and came over. They were all laughing, but I wasnt... They were actually cancelled enroute but they continued, knowing it wa sone of our own department's vehicles. Ended up using JB Weld water weld and new cap. I filled a new rubber cap up with it, shoved it in with a screwdriver, and applied with another new clamp. Let sit, and life is all good now. Easy fix, life is good, and if anyone is wondering about the strength of it, it holds up very well... So far so good, no leaks. The positive side, it gave me a reason to flush the coolant since the weather change.

The car stills runs very strong, and no other issues that needs to be talked on here.. LOL
Old 11-06-12, 06:02 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Hahaha, that would've given me quite a scare as well! Any smoke from a car is always scary. That's awesome though that it is holding up well!
Old 11-06-12, 06:10 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

This is the hose that broke, the nipple. It was actually cut back further before the install due to it hitting the DP. In the future I would have it welded up if going single, for the future swappers, or use the JB weld method with a new rubber cap. Even if the rubber dry rots, the compound is still in the actual piping. Your choice or piece of mind.

Old 11-06-12, 06:11 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by food7373
Hahaha, that would've given me quite a scare as well! Any smoke from a car is always scary. That's awesome though that it is holding up well!
I bumped this thread after reading yours. I did it intentionally so you would keep yours and continue all your efforts and goals on it.
Old 11-06-12, 06:18 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Hahahaha, we will see. If the right buyer doesn't come along, then I will have to keep it! It's just a pain to not have a good group of SC/Toyota enthusiasts around this area. When I had my RX, I could drive 30 minutes to a locally owned rotary/RX shop, and have anything I needed. Now I have to search for days among junkyards to find a single SC. If I end up keeping it, 1JZ swap wouldn't be very far away....
Old 11-06-12, 09:35 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im actually worried about that pipe opening too. i also put a rubber cap on it. and those caps dont have the same thickness as a traditional hose. i think i may pinch it tight and JB weld it like you did.
Old 11-08-12, 03:41 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by DoomLight
im actually worried about that pipe opening too. i also put a rubber cap on it. and those caps dont have the same thickness as a traditional hose. i think i may pinch it tight and JB weld it like you did.
If you can, I would remove it completely and have it welded. If not, then JB weld is your best friend. I have used this stuff on many projects and have had great results. I used the water weld, due to the coolant still in the system. Good luck!
Old 11-12-12, 11:39 PM
BSkipper
Driver School Candidate

Absolutely! Great job on the clean up and love the fact that you're going for a "stock" look. Definitely interested in the disc that you mentioned in the pm. Do you use paypal or can I send you a check/ money order? Whatever just let me know. pm me your address and I'll try to "figger out this here fancy pm bizzness myself" LOL Sorry..Old Guy..Not too savvy with this stuff but I'm learning! Thanks again and good luck with your build. Take your time and do it the way you want it and you'll only have to do it a couple times!!! Just kidding. looking forward to more posts.
Old 11-13-12, 11:40 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Thanks man. Sent you a PM. I went and picked up the Aero style inline fuel filter with the correct fittngs. Will try and install it tomorrow with the help of a lift. :-) The popping or roaring noise in my other thread is getting louder. I got on it a few minutes ago and I hear a loud pop from the rear end. I guess its on its way out or the hub bearings also. I am thinking a combination of the two. I really need to figure this out. The loud popping is only when slam through the gears. The roaring gets louder as i go faster and stops when i stop or around 5mph.

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!