Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-13, 07:32 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've noticed when Its really cold here, below 30 or so, a lump in my idle sometimes. Figured it may of had something with getting my car tuned in the warmer weather. Whats the weather like there?
Old 01-27-13, 07:38 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Vwpride12
I've noticed when Its really cold here, below 30 or so, a lump in my idle sometimes. Figured it may of had something with getting my car tuned in the warmer weather. Whats the weather like there?
That also might be it. It is currenlty around 30 at night and around mid 50's during the day. My car was tuned in GA at around 105-110 in the bay.
Old 01-27-13, 08:30 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome build. Where did u order/get the fuel lines and the filter? i need to do that to my sc also when i put my turbo in haha.
Old 01-28-13, 05:44 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
Awesome build. Where did u order/get the fuel lines and the filter? i need to do that to my sc also when i put my turbo in haha.
Zen Motors actually ordered the fuel line and fittings from the tank to the back side of the fuel rail. I ordered the ones at the fuel rail on the return side to the FPR and the ones at the new Aero inline fuel filter. These fittings are high plus the cost of the steel AN lines. Sold per foot. I prolly have near 700 in lines and fittings and the cost of labor from Zen Motors. The local store near me is a performance shop called CBI. I can get the fittings there. They have alot in stock with adaptors and such. if you need one or several, PM me with the info. I will be glad to help you.
Old 02-05-13, 02:21 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I wanted to share that I received a ticket for my exhaust about three months ago. Alabama State Trooper gave it to me. He said it was too loud. He also gave me a warning for speeding, which he never told me how fast I was going, and a warning for my tinted glass, which he did measure with the machine. I ended up taking it to court and appealed the ticket, stating that this muffler meet and exceeds all of Alabama state laws. The judge gave me an official day of court, approx. 2 weeks later. Went to court, and felt like I was the only human person there. Bunch of thugs and so on for no insurance, driver without a license, DUI, and so on.

Time come around for me and my name was called. The DA asked me about me about my muffler and asked if I had gotten it fixed. I stated again that this muffler (HKS High Flow Titatium) met and exceeded all Alabama State Laws. I showed him a picture of it and the print off from the HKS website. He read this for a bit and looked at me, and said what kind of car is this on, I told him a Lexus. He kinda looked strange for a second, and said what model? I told him I did a motor swap, and what the officer prolly heard was the open dp. The DA had no clue what it was, and said I am going to call the officer who gave you this ticket. I sat back down, and waited for about another hour. Finally the DA and the judge called me back up, and the DA told me that he was going to throw it out, due to the officer doesnt remember pulling me over not the idea of how loud the muffler was. So in the end, the Judge and the DA threw it out.....

CASE CLOSED. As far as I understand, they can never give me a ticket ever again for the excessive muffler. This will be double jeopardy.

f%ck the police!!!
Old 02-05-13, 02:36 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by megamax
f%ck the police!!!
Its no biggie, he was just doing his job. I would have been mad if the DA would have not thrown the case out and I ended up paying court and fee costs.

Thanks for the bump
Old 02-07-13, 06:30 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Just a follow up with this. I installed a new security system in it today, with keyless entry, trunk release and illuminated entry. Just an added bonus. I thought about going with remote start, but just heard too many horror stories with it.
Old 02-08-13, 06:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
anfittingsdirect.com was the place I always got my lines and fittings especially for E85. I believe they were the cheapest I found when I was sourcing my E85 lines and fittings.

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Just a follow up with this. I installed a new security system in it today, with keyless entry, trunk release and illuminated entry. Just an added bonus. I thought about going with remote start, but just heard too many horror stories with it.
Remote start is nice to have but I wouldn't have it anymore in any standard/manual transmission car. I had bad experience. I used to have one when I had a standard tranny BMW. One day , I was inside the house and was twiddling / playing around with the remote control.. forgetting that the damn BMW had a remote start. Guess what , damaged the paint of its front bumper and the rear bumper of my Benz. The BMW was parked really close behind the Benz. Playing around with the remote control inside the house , I didn't realize that the BMW was trying to start but wouldn't because it is on first gear. Meanwhile it was jerking forward against my Benz. My attention was called when my stepson came in the house and asked me why the BMW was continually pushing forward against the Benz and as though it was trying to start..... that was stupid of me.. lesson learned . both the bumpers of bmw and benz are all scratched up .
Old 02-08-13, 05:17 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Wow. Just be glad someone heard it so you would at least stop doing it. They tried to get me to do it but I just told them exactly what I want. I checked the blinking light they mounted in the garage last night and the factory light also works as well until I unlock the doors. I was thinking how this was done. At this point who cares. I am happy to have keykess entry with and parking light flash.
Old 03-21-13, 02:12 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I wanted to bump this old thread.

NO issues so far with the swap itself, been running GREAT! I had to replace the right rear wheel bearing. I chose to replace the whole entire hub assembly. This way was much easier. I had about 3/4 inch of play in all directions of travel. Very, very unsafe. I also checked the other side and it was real tight. I ended up replacing the lower control arm. I burned out this old bushing from the old part, and reinstalled the TM bushings in its place. I had to cut the old sway bar link off, it just free spun and was slightly bent. It was time for new ones anyway. Life is good!
Old 04-16-13, 08:17 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep, I'm bumping an old thread...I wanted to go back thru and read up your wheel makeover.

steve
Old 04-25-13, 02:17 PM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Default new friends

wow i just got done reading this entire thread and the last 2 people to post are you Steve and also of course the OP mark , although Ive just met both of you i want to thank you Mark for being so thorough with everything you do (pics ,videos detailed instruction) etc i am extremely jealous of your talents and patience especially ,i can see now why Jay had you do the interior redo on the other thread . I want to thank you for being so helpful in answering my questions about my interior makeover and want you to know its really cool to be able to ask you ? and get a detailed honest answer . Thanks again and you will be hearing from me as i may even start a thread with my interior project.
Old 04-25-13, 02:23 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

It was a pleasure to meet you also. If I know the answer I will answer it, if I dont know, I will find it for you. Good luck on your project and for bumping the old thread from the dead. Lol.
Old 04-25-13, 02:24 PM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Default hey bro

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Yep, I'm bumping an old thread...I wanted to go back thru and read up your wheel makeover.

steve
i just posted i was home on work comp and reading Marks entire build thread and low and behold you were the last post lol . thanks for your help and your friendship even though we haven't met personally we've had some pretty cool talks about our cars and our families and life in general
its pretty cool that a venue like this can let people get to know each other sharing stories and ideas about our passion CARS ESPECIALLY 1jz SINGLE TURBOS LOL

ID LIKE TO GET MY CAR DYNO TESTED TO SEE MY WHP ITS SUPPOSED TO BE 390 ON 17LBS BOOST BUT I THINK ITS PROBABLY MORE
Old 04-25-13, 06:03 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

NO problem man, glad my thread has helped so many people with the 400.

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!