Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

new to an LS400

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-11, 01:53 AM
timmy0tool

Received 422 Likes on 376 Posts

sup joel! i'm gonna try to keep this one classy. i'm not really inclined to mod her just yet. i'm enjoying the plush ride so much! plus spending upwards of $2k on wheels isn't really in my budget at the moment, let alone suspension which reminds me i owe you some air ride pricing! thanks for the welcome and i'll get something together soon for you brotha!
Old 10-26-11, 08:48 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 313 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
yeah it was weird how dirty that was but it's not water tight and that dust was EVERYWHERE! i did clean the seals up as much as i could. there is no fluid on the old belt so it should be fine. the car came from a farm area where dirt roads are common. the air filter was clean. i wonder how clean the cabin filter is...hmmm.

total cost in parts came down close to $500. that includes the wp and seals, timing belt, both bearings, cam/crank seals, thermostat and seal, hydro tensioner, accessory belt, caps, rotors, spark plugs, fluids, and misc stuff (i.e. anti-seize, shop towels, FIPG). that's about right i suppose.
I was thinking about dirt roads, they do make things dirty. $500 for all of those parts, with most being OEM, is a pretty good price. I see you didn't change the plug wires. Did you test the plug wires with an Ohm meter? Alot of people just throw on new wires w/o even checking the old ones. What a waste of money.
Old 10-26-11, 09:24 AM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

holly molly u did all that by ur self?!?!?..def saved lotta of $$$..good for ya..u have done all the major services..plus u know how the car is.
i like the car.I too drive my ES about same hwy speed as you. i just enjoy the ride and not be in a hurry..after all the ES 300 is based on the LS platform ..:P

Last edited by imherenow; 10-26-11 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-26-11, 10:37 AM
timmy0tool

Originally Posted by imherenow
holly molly u did all that by ur self?!?!?..def saved lotta of $$$..good for ya..u have done all the major services..plus u know how the car is.
i like the car.I too drive my ES about same hwy speed as you. i just enjoy the ride and not be in a hurry..after all the ES 300 is based on the LS platform ..:P
yeah doing it yourself, you learn a lot more that way. i believe you are incorrect in thinking the es chassis is the same as the ls. they are completely different cars; the es is based on a camry platform i believe (FWD) where as the ls is a RWD car, both very different.
Old 10-26-11, 10:44 AM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

oo i thought it was LS platform? or has something to do with LS ..prolly sound dampening or something ...hmmm
what r ur features plans on the car.
Also do u know a DIY way to remove rust..i have some rust build up by the rear door ...looks bad
Old 10-27-11, 09:45 PM
JDMJNKY
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
sup joel! i'm gonna try to keep this one classy. i'm not really inclined to mod her just yet. i'm enjoying the plush ride so much! plus spending upwards of $2k on wheels isn't really in my budget at the moment, let alone suspension which reminds me i owe you some air ride pricing! thanks for the welcome and i'll get something together soon for you brotha!
Thanks for the pricing. I had some ?'s for you but I'll round up the info. Rarely have time to access my desk/lap top lately. Definitely agree it's a pretty penny in these tough times. Sadly once your bit, the mod bug rarely gives up, but I got an idea of how you roll. Time and patience = Timmy0tool creations!

Hope to see you Sat. @ our meet!!! ( Unless your going to SEMA w/ all the popular guys! LOL )

P.S. Good work on the services man!
Old 10-28-11, 12:35 PM
genetic
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whew so clean, good job Tim!
Old 11-06-11, 08:27 PM
Forte EXE
Pole Position

Hey, i remember you from CB7tuner back in the day hahaha. Nice pick up!
Old 11-06-11, 09:18 PM
Rey
Pole Position

Wow, the car is so clean. Good job on the maintenance.
Old 11-08-11, 06:05 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

man that interior was hella clean. car mustve been very well taken care of. props
Old 11-10-11, 09:31 PM
LS400Junki
Driver School Candidate

Good job man. You got a clean ride and definitely got some work done.
Old 01-23-12, 01:31 AM
timmy0tool

ok time to get rid of the plush ride for something more for style. a lower stance is coming but i will be going the air ride route with these.

anyone know what bags fit over them? i'm assuming only UAS and their brackets. do they have threaded brackets? i will get some answers soon. i already have all the rest of the parts (tank, compressors, lines, valves, etc) off my accord wagon.

in the mean time here is pic of my friend's ride parked next to mine, who's also named tim, who also owns a white UCF20, though his is with a full wald lip kit and exhaust tips, 19" AME shallen AXs on megans, jdm visors, etc. mine won't be as nice as his but i can dream!

Old 01-23-12, 01:47 AM
Shiryo
Pole Position

Got any pics of the side of his car? I wanna see his visors... lol, sorry to thread jack.
Old 01-23-12, 03:55 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

UAS will only work with coilovers of a certain tube diameter. iircc the damper tube can't be more than 2.1" in diameter or something close.

I hope you told BC you were planning to convert to air, they can spec the spring rates to match the usual inflated pressure of the bags i would think..
Old 01-23-12, 10:44 AM
timmy0tool

Originally Posted by Shiryo
Got any pics of the side of his car? I wanna see his visors... lol, sorry to thread jack.
nah that's all i have. they are OEM toyota visors so what you find elsewhere on the site is the same.

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
UAS will only work with coilovers of a certain tube diameter. iircc the damper tube can't be more than 2.1" in diameter or something close.

I hope you told BC you were planning to convert to air, they can spec the spring rates to match the usual inflated pressure of the bags i would think..
hmm thanks for the info. i actually bought these second hand, unused so it was not direct from BC. they have the standard spring rates and probably the standard lengths. i'm assuming you meant they can valve the shocks to be able to hold up to the bags, as the springs are not used anyway? thanks for the info PD.

Quick Reply: new to an LS400