Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

CJITTY's Random Pics, Vids & Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-12, 01:52 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have turned your car into a star. I can't believe you're that same guy who insisted he would stick with those too small 20's. Looks like clublexus has created another monster. Clublexus should be nicknamed Dr Frankenstein.
Old 07-02-12, 02:15 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
You have turned your car into a star. I can't believe you're that same guy who insisted he would stick with those too small 20's. Looks like clublexus has created another monster. Clublexus should be nicknamed Dr Frankenstein.
Amen to that..i was hoping you would chime in lol....keep in mind, my commute went from 60 miles round trip to about 15 miles..so thats when I picked up the 22s...otherwise, I probably would of kept rollin on 20s!..well..maybe...CL is great and also very destructive...to wallets and bank accounts that is! Learned alot and very inspired by this car's potential and I hope to continue to share, learn and contribute with my next LS project very very soon. And for the record, I still think some 20s look good on this car
Old 07-02-12, 02:23 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Well, today Lex Luthor has gone to its new home within a gated retirement community up north..I hope the new owner takes good care of it! Working on my next LS acquisition and begin CJITTY Build Thread Part Deaux...this thread is officially retired lol

One last pic shall we? And thanks for the memories..it was a great 22 months!

You sold it to buy another LS, and then mod? Are you purchasing the same LS body style? Seems a bit weird, or do you plan on getting the new one next year?
Old 07-02-12, 02:27 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OSU
You sold it to buy another LS, and then mod? Are you purchasing the same LS body style? Seems a bit weird, or do you plan on getting the new one next year?
Moving on up to LWB with air susp and every option possible except for exec seating. With the equity I had in my 07, I can easily step into something newer with even more options, especially air susp, dynamic cruise and rear DVD system...I can't drop $80K+ for the new one whenver that comes out. I buy my cars used but like new to save on depreciation, just keepin it real...military reserve salary mane

as far as mods, I still have the Vossens in my garage ready to go on the next one...some $2 interior LED lights, Tanabe's that stayed on the car, plastidipped grill, tinted windows and that was it...mod list was small but made a huge change in car appearance.

...so, does it still seem weird to you boss?

Last edited by CJITTY; 07-02-12 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-02-12, 02:28 PM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd imagine the next one would be a LWB car, I'm excited to see the next one.
Old 07-02-12, 02:34 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Moving on up to LWB with air susp and every option possible except for exec seating. With the equity I had in my 07, I can easily step into something newer with even more options, especially air, radar cruise and rear DVD system...does it still seem weird to you boss?
Just wondering. Do you think you'll want the new body style when it comes out?
Old 07-02-12, 02:35 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Moving on up to LWB with air susp and every option possible except for exec seating. With the equity I had in my 07, I can easily step into something newer with even more options, especially air susp, dynamic cruise and rear DVD system...I can't drop $80K+ for the new one whenver that comes out. I buy my cars used but like new to save on depreciation, just keepin it real...military reserve salary mane

...so, does it still seem weird to you boss?
You're in the Reserves, what branch? I'm Active duty Air Force.
Old 07-02-12, 02:45 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OSU
You're in the Reserves, what branch? I'm Active duty Air Force.
Thanks! prior active duty AF, now AF Reserve..i mentioned that to you before on another thread, but you probably didn't see the reply because you had tunnel vision while you were goin HAM on Vossen at the time lol...all good tho my dude..I'm still rockin VOSSEN son!

Thanks for your service, always good to chop it up with military fam
Old 07-02-12, 02:49 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Thanks! prior active duty AF, now AF Reserve..i mentioned that to you before on another thread, but you probably didn't see the reply because you had tunnel vision while you were goin HAM on Vossen at the time lol...all good tho my dude..I'm still rockin VOSSEN son!

Thanks for your service, always good to chop it up with military fam
That is funny! I was going HAM, Lol. Can't wait to see the new whip. Sometimes I wish I had the Air suspension.
Old 07-02-12, 02:50 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OSU
Just wondering. Do you think you'll want the new body style when it comes out?
See, thats just the thing. I can't think of buying one until they have been out at least 3-4 years..but the money savings is huge, especially buying through a broker like I did for my 07 I just sold. So, I'll ride out on this current LS gen and hope I like the new body style. The new ES's are very nice and the GS's are growing on me..not quite doing it for me just yet exterior wise..so I hope the new LS is just so revolutionary, that I can make a move to that when the time comes...I sold mine now because the market is strong for them and i wanted to capitalize on all that equity I had in it while values were high..based on what i paid and what it sold for..I only lost about $3500 of value over the past 22 months..not bad if you ask me
Old 07-02-12, 09:09 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

See, thats just the thing. I can't think of buying one until they have been out at least 3-4 years..but the money savings is huge, especially buying through a broker like I did for my 07 I just sold. So, I'll ride out on this current LS gen and hope I like the new body style. The new ES's are very nice and the GS's are growing on me..not quite doing it for me just yet exterior wise..so I hope the new LS is just so revolutionary, that I can make a move to that when the time comes...I sold mine now because the market is strong for them and i wanted to capitalize on all that equity I had in it while values were high..based on what i paid and what it sold for..I only lost about $3500 of value over the past 22 months..not bad if you ask me
So you basically leased it for $3500 over 2 yrs...not a bad freaking deal. I've seen people do a real lease for $750 a month. lol

Smart man...do the same for the LWB and sell it when the new body style depreciate in value.
Old 07-02-12, 09:11 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sad to see her go but happy to see what the next project will be!
Old 07-03-12, 04:10 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Amen to that..i was hoping you would chime in lol....keep in mind, my commute went from 60 miles round trip to about 15 miles..so thats when I picked up the 22s...otherwise, I probably would of kept rollin on 20s!..well..maybe...CL is great and also very destructive...to wallets and bank accounts that is! Learned alot and very inspired by this car's potential and I hope to continue to share, learn and contribute with my next LS project very very soon. And for the record, I still think some 20s look good on this car
I like your style and your thinking is actually more like mine than many other people around here. Buying used makes so much sense. Just a few well placed mods and that used car becomes a star. Can't wait to see what you do wiyh the LWB LS.
Old 07-03-12, 04:53 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ice350
I like your style and your thinking is actually more like mine than many other people around here. Buying used makes so much sense. Just a few well placed mods and that used car becomes a star. Can't wait to see what you do wiyh the LWB LS.
Thanks man..yeah, I have never bought a brand new car in my life. Mainly because I couldn't justify the cost while I was pinching pennies...I bought my first car as a young Air Force Airman with two stripes living in the dorms and eating at the chow hall every day..a 1997 Honda Accord LX in 1998..I felt like a boss while saving about $6K from what my friend paid for their new 1997 lol..he was a Staff Sgt with 4 stripes so he had mad loot hahaha, but boy was he salty when he found out how much I paid! OSU will appreciate that last sentence haha..anyway, the cost savings are huge and with the LS being so reliable, getting a non CPO LS isn't that big of a risk..at least not with the LS I had. With the extended warranty backed by my Credit Union, I really felt I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. I think some folks just like the new new aspect and have the capital to spend on a new car, which is cool... but I just refuse to pay double for something..literally the case for me. I have helped out a good number of friends in showing them the light on the used car world..they are literally driving the cars they wanted by getting over the fact they are not the first ones to have it and not settling...but I am not hatin' on folks who buy new, just not my style...for now anyway..wifey likes trips to foreign lands..so I needs the extra chedda haha

Last edited by CJITTY; 07-03-12 at 04:56 AM.
Old 07-03-12, 05:31 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

i like your style bro!! same thing here used cars have always been my forte anything around 3 years seems perfect, i see the military has thought you well, couldnt do the resrves but i did 8 in the navy, easiest 8 years of my life!!!

Last edited by Lextrician; 07-03-12 at 10:47 PM.

Quick Reply: CJITTY's Random Pics, Vids & Build Thread