Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

CJITTY's Random Pics, Vids & Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-12, 05:43 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Sad to see her go but happy to see what the next project will be!
DItto!

It has been fun moding and hitting the meets up but now that starts all over again, and you know we on the same page on buying cars. I did get a 2012 this year but the deal was killer, the wife is happy so you know how that it is. I'm amazed how fast it sold, dude got a nice 460 at great price!
Old 07-03-12, 02:37 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Thanks man..yeah, I have never bought a brand new car in my life. Mainly because I couldn't justify the cost while I was pinching pennies...I bought my first car as a young Air Force Airman with two stripes living in the dorms and eating at the chow hall every day..a 1997 Honda Accord LX in 1998..I felt like a boss while saving about $6K from what my friend paid for their new 1997 lol..he was a Staff Sgt with 4 stripes so he had mad loot hahaha, but boy was he salty when he found out how much I paid! OSU will appreciate that last sentence haha..anyway, the cost savings are huge and with the LS being so reliable, getting a non CPO LS isn't that big of a risk..at least not with the LS I had. With the extended warranty backed by my Credit Union, I really felt I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. I think some folks just like the new new aspect and have the capital to spend on a new car, which is cool... but I just refuse to pay double for something..literally the case for me. I have helped out a good number of friends in showing them the light on the used car world..they are literally driving the cars they wanted by getting over the fact they are not the first ones to have it and not settling...but I am not hatin' on folks who buy new, just not my style...for now anyway..wifey likes trips to foreign lands..so I needs the extra chedda haha

I remember those days. I was a 2 striper in the dorms around that time too. I also bought a honda accord lx around that time, Lol. That's where it all began.
Old 07-03-12, 09:25 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

This afternoon was kind of a bummer..fresh off the sale of mine and finding a sweet LWB with all options in TX..just to find the Toyota dealership that has it failed to disclose massive paint work..carfax was clean (I know..carfaux is BS anyway) but with my broker running an experian Autocheck on it and me digging around in the service history via myLexus and a call to the dealers that has serviced it gave me the 411 on the car..it was trashed and bootlegged repaired by a non approved Lexus repair facility to where Lexus wouldn't certify it so it went to auction..ending up at the Toyota dealership. So..doing homework pays off..car looked great but it was Janet Reno in a Kim Kardashian costume my friends.

My broker is hunting for one with auction while I look online..patience will pay off!
Old 07-03-12, 09:36 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by CJITTY
This afternoon was kind of a bummer..fresh off the sale of mine and finding a sweet LWB with all options in TX..just to find the Toyota dealership that has it failed to disclose massive paint work..carfax was clean (I know..carfaux is BS anyway) but with my broker running an experian Autocheck on it and me digging around in the service history via myLexus and a call to the dealers that has serviced it gave me the 411 on the car..it was trashed and bootlegged repaired by a non approved Lexus repair facility to where Lexus wouldn't certify it so it went to auction..ending up at the Toyota dealership. So..doing homework pays off..car looked great but it was Janet Reno in a Kim Kardashian costume my friends.

My broker is hunting for one with auction while I look online..patience will pay off!
Damn glad you found out! A better one is coming
Old 07-04-12, 01:10 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

lucky you found out. Did you look up the service history at Lexus with just the VIN number?? Good thing to know when I buy the next Lex
Old 07-04-12, 03:37 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
lucky you found out. Did you look up the service history at Lexus with just the VIN number?? Good thing to know when I buy the next Lex
Yup..I have about 10 cars in my profile just alllll up in the business lmao..using all tools at my disposal to ensure I find "day one"
Old 07-04-12, 03:39 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Damn glad you found out! A better one is coming
Yeah man..patience wins! Wifey and I enjoying some beach time...no need for a car at the moment lol
Old 07-04-12, 10:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

The search continues. Best of luck i the search. Are you still shooting for a white 460 L ?? or are you flexible on the color
Old 07-05-12, 05:46 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The search continues. Best of luck i the search. Are you still shooting for a white 460 L ?? or are you flexible on the color
White is preferred choice by far..if my broker finds a stellar condition in black..I will consider it. A white L on my Vossen CV1s will look great!
Old 03-13-20, 08:20 AM
THTOPLex07
Driver School Candidate

Which Tanabe nf210 springs do you use? I'm seeing multiple types. I just ordered some but doesn't say a part number.
Old 03-23-20, 11:16 PM
Jcooksey19
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know where to get those LED dome lights? The link for them isn’t working anymore?? Thanks in advance