Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

CJITTY's Random Pics, Vids & Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-11, 04:02 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
For all you guys who have never seen this wheel on an LS in person, pics do them no justice at all. Good things come to those who wait.
One of my neighbors told me the same exact thing about 2 hours ago...the concave effect is hard to really capture in pics..IMO
Old 12-11-11, 04:16 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, looking very proper CJITTY!!!! That's my second favorite Vossen wheel, and looks so good on the LS.
Old 12-18-11, 10:28 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

We had a meet today here in Atlanta..Greg took some pics of my ride..thanks man!

Old 12-21-11, 11:15 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I love the pics you post of your ride. The car looks amazing. I love the CV1s as well. I think what makes them unique is that its a concave design with a little lip with it. The newer Vossen concaves will have no lips. This will make the spokes look longer and the wheel a bit bigger but you gotta love that chrome lip. I keep debating on dropping the car still. Every day I think it would be a pain in the *** to deal with the tire wear, tire shops more frequently, and the rubbing that will come in the rear. Even at stock height if i go over a huge dip at 40-50mph I get rubbing in the back. The Pirellis I am using are wider than the Continentals. Then at night ( after a couple of drinks) I keep thinking I should just go for it. Its nothing I didnt deal with when I had my GS.....but it was a pain in the *** still but the car looked so nice
Old 12-21-11, 12:32 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I love the pics you post of your ride. The car looks amazing. I love the CV1s as well. I think what makes them unique is that its a concave design with a little lip with it. The newer Vossen concaves will have no lips. This will make the spokes look longer and the wheel a bit bigger but you gotta love that chrome lip. I keep debating on dropping the car still. Every day I think it would be a pain in the *** to deal with the tire wear, tire shops more frequently, and the rubbing that will come in the rear. Even at stock height if i go over a huge dip at 40-50mph I get rubbing in the back. The Pirellis I am using are wider than the Continentals. Then at night ( after a couple of drinks) I keep thinking I should just go for it. Its nothing I didnt deal with when I had my GS.....but it was a pain in the *** still but the car looked so nice
DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT!
Old 12-21-11, 12:48 PM
iceman76
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lmao @ ^!!!!!
Old 12-21-11, 02:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

THIS CHICK IS MY INSPIRATION TO " DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT" !!. LOL

http://youtu.be/KL9wZZMCzyQ
Old 01-31-12, 12:53 PM
DLS460L
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I8ABMR, I'm with you man...I want to drop mind too as it does look good. I have the LWB and right now at stock height I am having rubbing issues in the rear :-( I am taking mine to an alignment shop to probably get a spacer to pull it away, I think my rubbing is coming from the inside of the fender well. I will let you know if it helps. Mine is rubbing just on the left side.
Old 01-31-12, 12:54 PM
DLS460L
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT!
Mike you online?
Old 01-31-12, 12:55 PM
DLS460L
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CJITTY
We had a meet today here in Atlanta..Greg took some pics of my ride..thanks man!

Did you have a fender bender on the front left?
Old 01-31-12, 02:58 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DLS460L
Did you have a fender bender on the front left?
?? Not that I know of. Reflection perhaps?
Old 02-05-12, 06:40 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Quick pic from yesterday
Attached Thumbnails CJITTY's Random Pics, Vids & Build Thread-img_20120204_143944_nyc_2.jpg  
Old 02-14-12, 06:31 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

These ladies just loooooove my "whip"...................as featured on the Vossen website!

Last edited by CJITTY; 02-14-12 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-17-12, 02:41 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Well, today I had some spare time and needed to get my wheels/tires balanced. Since I wasn't having the best of luck with a smooth as glass ride past 65mph, I took it over to Butler Wheel and Tire and had them do the high speed on the car balance...turns out, after they did the roadforce, the high speed finishing balance machine did not call for any additional weight or further adjustments which was a nice surprise. That is a good sign everything else is spinning up evenly (rotors, bearings, etc)

Here are a couple quick videos of the high speed on the car balancer in action. The machine spins the wheels up to 120 mph using a motorized wheel that spins the sidewall of the non driveline tire. The machine is connected to special jackstands which measures vibration and a piece of white tape is placed on the sidewall of the tire. The tape is used for the strobe light on the front of the balancing machine to measure variances. Then they put the car back on the special jackstands for the driveline wheels, put the car in gear and someone in the car accelerates the wheels up to speed and they check those....pretty cool stuff.

Some folks say high speed on the car balancing is unnecessary, but this is the 2nd time I have done this (once before on my 20" wheels) and I have never had a smoother balance. They made a bunch of adjustments on my 20s, but these 22" Vossen Wheels spun up perfectly without any adjustments so technically they didn't have to spin them on the car..but they wouldn't know if adjustments were needed until they spun them....having a place that balances bigger diameter wheels as their specialty is the way to go...

Here are some quick videos of the high speed on the car balancing machine as they did the front and rear wheels

http://youtu.be/hXRbNlpIbhM

http://youtu.be/o9maW3FhjxM
Old 02-17-12, 04:53 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is SUPERB ! May we ask who in the great city of Atlanta did this neat work for you ? We'd like to know who to recommend or use in the future. Thanks, CJ ! And Many thanks for the cool videos. Makes the process a whole easier to comprehend. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Quick Reply: CJITTY's Random Pics, Vids & Build Thread