Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

CJITTY's Random Pics, Vids & Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-12, 05:06 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Mikey, it was Butler Wheel and Tire. When it comes to this type of balance, they are known for it here in ATL..
Old 02-25-12, 11:01 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Quick Pics from today

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71780827@N02/6784523138/http://www.flickr.com/photos/71780827@N02/6784523138/ by , on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71780827@N02/6784542406/http://www.flickr.com/photos/71780827@N02/6784542406/ by , on Flickr
Old 02-26-12, 04:58 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Those 22's were worth every penny.
Old 02-26-12, 06:02 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ice350
Those 22's were worth every penny.
Preeeeeeech lol....thx!
Old 02-26-12, 07:35 AM
dre1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pursuit of perfection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-12, 07:42 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Love the way your car sits!
Old 02-27-12, 07:56 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

A quick rolling shot, thanks Tee for filming! Your car looks great off in the cut by the way!

Last edited by CJITTY; 02-27-12 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-27-12, 08:07 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Default Gorilla Locking Lugnut options

Just wanted to add this post from another thread about Gorilla lugnut options for aftermarket wheels, they also have factory locking lugnut solutions.

The Gorilla "System" includes 20 chrome lugs that are all actually locks. They come with a key that goes over the lug and engages the back of the lug based on the key splines. I also ordered the Gorilla Guard Spinner locks and substituted one of the system locks for one of those per wheel for just another layer of security. At the end of the day, I'm sure if they want the wheels bad enough, they will either take the car or tear up something trying to get them off. I figure make it hard. The thought on the Gorilla Guard spinner is that wheel thieves often hammer on a slightly larger socket onto the lock and just turn it..hard to do with this spinning sleeve lock. Also, most wheels these days have such tight lug openings, thats not an option anyway..so they just try to shatter the locks. But, having 5 locks on each wheel should deter most novice thieves..they just don't have that kind of time in most cases, but again..nothing is 100%.

Sitting by your car with a .45 cal is probably the best protection lol..

Anyway, here are some pics and part numbers from Amazon...I got both sets for under $60 shipped on Amazon.

Here is the info link for the Gorilla "System"
http://www.gorilla-auto.com/the-system

Here is the info link for the Gorilla "Guard" (spinning sleeve locks)
http://www.gorilla-auto.com/gorilla-guard-locks

Here are the part numbers for the LS460 along with the link to Amazon

Gorilla System - 71643N
Amazon Link for $40
Amazon Amazon

Gorilla Guard -61641
Amazon link for $13
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by CJITTY; 02-27-12 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-27-12, 03:45 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm biased, but it looks like it was meant for the LS 460/600
Old 03-12-12, 05:32 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Some recent pics from the Atlanta Taco Mac Meet! Props to Greg (Greg0126) for taking all the pictures!!!!

Bonus shots of my car along with my big bro Tee reppin with the deuce deuces

Old 03-12-12, 05:49 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you're gonna keep posting pics you're gonna have to add more mods. Maybe a body kit next???
Join me on the dark side....I am your father....together we can rule the galaxy.
Old 03-12-12, 05:58 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

If you're gonna keep posting pics you're gonna have to add more mods. Maybe a body kit next???
Join me on the dark side....I am your father....together we can rule the galaxy.

now how you gonna try and regulate what i can post on my thread lmao...as stated in the title this is a random pics thread also.

.I am eagerly awaiting your LS460 build thread by the way...I thought you had one with all the time you spend over here lol

Last edited by CJITTY; 03-12-12 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-12-12, 08:53 PM
PhatDad
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CJIT, the ride is looking tight! Like those night shots.
Old 03-12-12, 11:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Give him a break. The car looks amazing and is inspiring. I watched the video he posted and looked at his recent pics and have decided that I am going to drop my car. Finally!!!!!! I know I have delayed but I have finally decided to pull the trigger.

Hey CJITTY where did you get the springs from??? Keep posting those pics playboy. We love them . I have to say its been really cool how you have done such detailed write ups and posts. We are lucky to have you in the LS forum. I got my CV1s sitting at the shop right now. I stopped by to have the tech open the box so I could take a look and I was amazed at how nice they look in person. I didnt even see the rears which I know are going to look cool with that concave face and it still looked amazing. When I get my wheels on I am going to do a full write up and send some love to VOSSEN for the amazing customer care.

Please add more pics. I was thinking to buy a Lexon kit but your ride looks pretty nice with the wheels and drop and no kit. I may in the future , but please know your LS inspires. I used to go nuts posting pics of my GS and always got compliments and can not tell you how many dozens of messages I got asking about my suspension set up, wheels, etc. It helped a lot of people just like guys like RominL helped me put together my GS. This is how we become a community. I have personally posted pics of your ride on facebook
Old 03-13-12, 04:35 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Give him a break. The car looks amazing and is inspiring. I watched the video he posted and looked at his recent pics and have decided that I am going to drop my car. Finally!!!!!! I know I have delayed but I have finally decided to pull the trigger.

Hey CJITTY where did you get the springs from??? Keep posting those pics playboy. We love them . I have to say its been really cool how you have done such detailed write ups and posts. We are lucky to have you in the LS forum. I got my CV1s sitting at the shop right now. I stopped by to have the tech open the box so I could take a look and I was amazed at how nice they look in person. I didnt even see the rears which I know are going to look cool with that concave face and it still looked amazing. When I get my wheels on I am going to do a full write up and send some love to VOSSEN for the amazing customer care.

Please add more pics. I was thinking to buy a Lexon kit but your ride looks pretty nice with the wheels and drop and no kit. I may in the future , but please know your LS inspires. I used to go nuts posting pics of my GS and always got compliments and can not tell you how many dozens of messages I got asking about my suspension set up, wheels, etc. It helped a lot of people just like guys like RominL helped me put together my GS. This is how we become a community. I have personally posted pics of your ride on facebook
Hey man, I really appreciate the comments! I try to provide as much detail as I can so folks can really understand everything that I experienced whether it is a tanabe install, posting alignment results, HID Fog DIYs and of course the Vossen install. There usually is a lack of detailed posts for someone to gather up research to make a move on something they have been contemplating. I have received numerous thank yous for the wheel/tire info sticky thread for us LS460 owners as well as my other detailed posts so my goal was met..and that is to help folks out. I may not be VIP or have a kit..but I do have the basic mods that most people decide on and that is wheels and a drop. Kit would be nice but now operation obtain 2010 LS460-L hunt is on with Air..

Congrats on the drop! I know the CV1s will look amazing on that white LS of yours..actually that will be my next color..I miss my white cars!! Can't wait to see photos!! Oh
.I got my springs from one of our vendors here..let me dig up which one..I forgot who..doh..my bad

Side note..have you considered coil overs for height adjustability? Until a camber kit solution comes out..it may be a gamble with springs. My tires are actually wearing good..but time will tell. The fronts are really the issue..but so far no sign of excessive wear after 5k miles or so on my fronts

Quick Reply: CJITTY's Random Pics, Vids & Build Thread