Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Holy 1J!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-13, 07:12 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aite small update guys....since i got some rims, i decided to get some extended lug nuts to go with it

the lugs nuts use a 3/4 inch deep socket instead of the standard 17mm or 19mm which should help against theft.

before:

after:

with my side skirt on:

in order to lower my car in the back i needed to roll my fenders more cause my tires were rubbing pretty bad.... used the baseball bat method and it worked out great : D

also pulled the fender out as much as i could...

the rims have a little poke....

next things to do is order some extended studs, get some 1/2 spacers in the back, and fix all the curb rash and bent lip on the rims and get them powerder coated. the plan is to run 225/35 tires in the front with a good stretch and keep the 245/40 in the back. when i put the spacers in the back i will raise the rear a little bit and make the fitment tighter than a virgins...... unfortunately, the spacers are gonna make my rims poke a little more (which i dont really want) but its whatever i guess

Last edited by wirelesstj; 04-09-13 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-24-14, 02:22 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

so quick update, during the summer in 115 degree weather, my coolant hardline sprung a leak which means i have to pull the motor to fix it. so the car sat all summer until it was cool enough to start working on the thing again and until i was able to get all my parts that i wanted.
so i guess its time to update this thread with what i got going on. i finally got my car somewhere where i can work on it, since i was living at an apt. towed it to a stoarge unit down the street and pulled the motor

both the motor and engine bay were pretty filthy. a ton of grease and oil to clean off, so i spent a good 2 days cleaning.
before

after

u can kinda see the new sard 650 cc injectors in this pic ^^
painted my timing belt cover black with gold flakes. looks better in person imo

best pic i could get with it in the sun

just some random cleaning

just missing the turbo

AND thats it. hope to have to motor dropped in within the next few weeks. to sum it all up, i
-purchased 650cc sard injectors and installed them,
- replaced timing belt
-thermostat
-front and rear main seal
-valve cover gaskets
- took off and cleaned oil pan, water pump, valve covers
-painted timing belt cover
-cleaned engine bay
also installing an emange ultimate
Old 02-24-14, 02:50 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice FN01R-C's! I have those same wheels on my SC and I love 'em. Wish I got 'em staggered in the back but I still love 'em regardless.
Old 02-24-14, 02:59 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

im not a fan of my set up, i traded my mk4 wheels for the fn01rcs. its 17x8.5 front and 18x9.5 in the back. wish it was a square set up of 18x9.5 or 18x10. the 18's looks way better than the 17s
Old 02-24-14, 03:20 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you for updating your thread.

Why are your rims so beat up with marks all over them?

I would also weld in the upper coolant neck, instead of using that hose. It would clean things up a little.

So how many miles were on the 1JZ before you decided to a little TLC to it?
Old 02-24-14, 03:27 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

i got the wheels all beat up like that. i have plans to get them fixed, but would rather put that money into my motor first. the hose doesnt really bother me. when the inlet is on the turbo, its over the hose and you cant see it. im leaving it like that instead of welding it up in case i ever change to a water cooled turbo,,,you never know. not sure how much miles the 1j has on it, i figured once i have the motor out to replace the hardline, might as well replace all the seals and freshen up the motor
Old 02-24-14, 03:29 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ welding requires somebody that can do it or has the equipment to do so, but anybody can tap the holes for 1/8" or 1/4" npt plugs (can't remember the right size right now). If you use a small hand held torch like the ones from walmart that use a small propane/map gas cans, heat the area, then pop the steel nipples out with vice grips. You don't need the heat, but they'll fight you without it. easiest way for the diy guy with no welder. Also leaves provisions for a water cooled turbo down the road.
Old 02-25-14, 08:20 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

I'll pull the nipples out and weld the neck eventually. But right now the hose doesn't bother me since I can't see it when the air filter is on the turbo
Old 03-05-14, 10:27 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

transmission was installed last night, harness has been installed, and everything else on the motor. hope to start the car this weekend!
Old 03-11-14, 06:31 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

got the car to start sunday. fired off first try. started installing the lc-1 wideband and my emanage ultimate. didnt have time to calibrate the wideband though. messed around with the emu a little. pretty straight forward system and very user friendly. cant wait to drive this car again!
Old 03-11-14, 06:58 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Good to hear it cranked on the first try. Mine on the other hand, was a completely different story.
Old 03-11-14, 08:17 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What exhaust manifold are you running?

And What size or what turbo are you using on that manifold?

Any fitment issues?

tia
Old 03-11-14, 09:22 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

its a modified dm manifold. its been braced and ceramic coated. it has a t3/t4 adapter plate so i can run my holset hx35 on it. there was no fitment issues at all. the hx35 is a 54mm turbo, i believe, with a 12cm hotside. im gonna push the hx35 and see how much power i can get out of it and see if i like it. if not, ill rebuild it and put in a hx40 super wheel (60mm) and ill build an hx35/40 hybrid.

Old 03-11-14, 09:37 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

A little spring cleaning....Day and Night difference cleaning up bay and parts......
Old 03-11-14, 09:44 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait to hear how the car sounds, I wish more people would recirculate their wastegates. Great job man

Quick Reply: Holy 1J!!!