Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Holy 1J!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-14, 10:45 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea it really does make a world of difference cleaning everything. i didnt realize how dirty my bay was until i started looking through old pics and the before's and after. i cant wait to tuck the harness though when i go pro efi, thats one thing that really bugs me about my engine bay. im also considering doing an abs delete. heres a clip of how it sounded before i pulled the motor. i unhooked the line to the wastegate and ran into fuel cut here. just wanted to see how it felt at 15psi

Last edited by wirelesstj; 03-11-14 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-11-14, 05:29 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

having some problems calibrating my lc-1 wideband. i wired it accordingly to the instructions and have all grounds leading to one plug, but the wideband wont calibrated properly. the led still blinks and the gauge reads out 7.4 and continuously blinking. are there supposed to be 2 separate grounds maybe?
Old 03-12-14, 06:04 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1JZ sound.. always nice to hear! I'll stay tune to see how you tuck the wiring in the engine bay!
Old 03-20-14, 09:05 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

little update. lowered my car again last night and test fitted some aero
went from this:

to dissssssss!!:

updates will be coming soon for power. i just need to calibrate my lc-1 and install my walbro 400 along with the 12v fuel pump mod. then a tune in the near future
Old 03-24-14, 10:43 PM
Abelo
Driver

got some questions for you man. what size vband and flange did you use for the holset to connect to the downpipe mine doesn't mount on properly. also i am looking at getting the walbro 400 also how was the install and what needs to be done?? also what is it capable of? im shooting for 600+ hp
Old 03-25-14, 12:11 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Abelo
got some questions for you man. what size vband and flange did you use for the holset to connect to the downpipe mine doesn't mount on properly. also i am looking at getting the walbro 400 also how was the install and what needs to be done?? also what is it capable of? im shooting for 600+ hp
so your probably gonna run e85 correct? if so, you should get the walbro 416. heres the info for the regular walbro 400 http://www.full-race.com/store/fuel-...ro-400lph.html
the v-band iirc was a 2.5" i think. i cant quite remember, its been a while since i had the dp welded and everything. installing the walbro was cake. seriously only took me like an hr. no special mods needed. you do need to cut the original connector and splice on female connectors but thats about it. its direct drop in
Old 03-27-14, 05:48 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

so ums tuning here in az hooked me up with a good deal on an aem v2, so im gonna go standalone instead. going aem v2. told them to go all out on the tune but make sure its reliable. numbers to come soon! they're installing the aem, should be installed in 2 weeks
Old 04-07-14, 08:29 PM
Abelo
Driver

no e85 up in canada all pump and race gas will be all im running. ive got my pump on the way also got a bosch 044 inline i think i went overboard... okay just realized ive been running the wrong size vband for the past year... thats why i had a huge exhaust leak... are you using stock fuel lines?

Originally Posted by wirelesstj
so your probably gonna run e85 correct? if so, you should get the walbro 416. heres the info for the regular walbro 400 http://www.full-race.com/store/fuel-...ro-400lph.html
the v-band iirc was a 2.5" i think. i cant quite remember, its been a while since i had the dp welded and everything. installing the walbro was cake. seriously only took me like an hr. no special mods needed. you do need to cut the original connector and splice on female connectors but thats about it. its direct drop in
Old 04-07-14, 11:11 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

better to overbuild than not getting enough. im stock fuel lines right now, but since im now going aem v2, my next purchase will be fuel lines for e85 because i just got these
Old 04-08-14, 08:33 AM
Abelo
Driver

What kind of coils are those?. Nice ss fuel lines are pricey...
Old 04-08-14, 08:58 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

1zz's once i go e85, will turn up the boost to 30 psi. should probably start sourcing out an r154 lol
Old 04-09-14, 01:54 AM
Abelo
Driver

I have never heard of them. Do they eliminate need for this coil booster packs? And what are they out of and price?

1zz's once i go e85, will turn up the boost to 30 psi. should probably start sourcing out an r154 lol
Old 04-09-14, 07:43 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

ignitor is not required with 1zzs and theyre just as good as lq9s. its gobs cheaper than buying new stock coilpacks for the 1jz and 2jz and theyre better. it would cost $80 for (4) compared to $650 for (6) new coilpacks for a 1jz or 2jz. plus they look way better. the cars they come on are toyota corollas, matrix, and celicas. you could probably even get these out of a junkyard if you can find those cars there.

Last edited by wirelesstj; 04-09-14 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-09-14, 04:14 PM
Abelo
Driver

good to know, considering i just solderer'd new coil pack connectors and silicone d and put heat shrink on my old ****ty coil packs i will just wait till they start sputtering to source a set of those! ill be doing my fuel system this weekend if studying for finals dont kill me and ill chime in on your build shortly

ignitor is not required with 1zzs and theyre just as good as lq9s. its gobs cheaper than buying new stock coilpacks for the 1jz and 2jz and theyre better. it would cost $80 for (4) compared to $650 for (6) new coilpacks for a 1jz or 2jz. plus they look way better. the cars they come on are toyota corollas, matrix, and celicas. you could probably even get these out of a junkyard if you can find those cars there.
Old 04-10-14, 06:27 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Abelo
good to know, considering i just solderer'd new coil pack connectors and silicone d and put heat shrink on my old ****ty coil packs i will just wait till they start sputtering to source a set of those! ill be doing my fuel system this weekend if studying for finals dont kill me and ill chime in on your build shortly
stock ignition is only good up to ~19psi without water and meth on pump gas and just slightly higher on 93, 94 octane

Quick Reply: Holy 1J!!!