Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Holy 1J!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-12, 09:48 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadowen
What Dash is that from? I thought the early dash without the airbags didn't come in black.
If you painted it, how is it holding up so far?
car came like that. the previous owner said he painted it..im pretty sure its sem paint. after being in az for a yr and 1/2 now, with no tint, its holding up very nicely i still dont need to repaint it!

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Once you go single, you want look back... IMO

I don't know what exhaust gaskets you are using, but everyone seems to frown on everything but the OEM 1JZ ones. I chose to use the aftermarket brand and so far so good. No leaks or anything. I also replaced the studs with new ones and tightened the correct way by the shop manual. Maybe I have had better luck than others.
i was thinking about rocking the driftmotion gasket? or i guess i could reuse the gaskgets from the twins?
Old 12-19-12, 03:49 PM
cheftank
Rookie

updates? your build brings back recent memories hahaha
Old 12-20-12, 05:39 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cheftank
updates? your build brings back recent memories hahaha
nah only installed the oil line kit yesterday. im waiting on my manifold to be ported, my friend keeps pushing it off. what gasket are you running on your manifold and how did you put on the fpr kit? did u take off the intake mani?
Old 12-23-12, 03:46 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

so guys ive installed my fuel rail kit the other day. in order to get to the front fitting, you will need to take off the throttle body. and in order to run the hardline and connect it from the rear, it would be a good idea to take off the iac valve.

this is the fuel line u will need to connect to the bottom of the fpr. this line comes from underneathe the car into a hard line and out the other end to the front of the fuel rail. get rid of the hose at the front of the rail as you wont need it anymore and use the hose at the rear.

this is it going underneath the car

and this is the hard line that comes with the fuel rail kit from driftmotion. it takes some wiggling to get it on right, just have patience

and here is where i decided to mount the fpr. i was going to mount it on the side of the intake manifold, but in order to do that, i wouldve needed to buy a longer fuel line. which i didnt want to do since i already bought the kit.

i used zip ties to mount it on the hardlines by the firewall. it has a little up and down movement but no left and right movement what so ever. so hopefully itll work
Old 12-23-12, 03:49 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

however i do have a question and i have been trying to find the answer but cant seem to. im actually not quite sure these were hooked up before but figured id ask. do i cap these 2 coolant holes (i think theyre coolant)

the one on the rear and front. from what i understand, the one on the front is supposed to run to the coolant line to the block, but on my car, it isnt run like that. the coolant line off the block runs to a hardline by the fuel lines underneathe the intake and back to behind the intake...and as for the rear one i dont even knw....
Old 12-23-12, 04:25 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

nvrmind i found the answer to my coolant lines question on the throttle body. it seems that indeed the line from the block goes to the front of the throttle body and the line are the rear goes down into the hardline that i was talking about. i dont knw why my car is set up so weird so im going to change it to the way it should be
Old 12-23-12, 05:12 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wirelesstj
nvrmind i found the answer to my coolant lines question on the throttle body. it seems that indeed the line from the block goes to the front of the throttle body and the line are the rear goes down into the hardline that i was talking about. i dont knw why my car is set up so weird so im going to change it to the way it should be
Looking good so far. I finally got my car to crank, but it's not starting. So I'm guessing it's either fuel, or ignition. So when I get back from my trip, I gotta test the spark plugs, and the injectors and make sure they are firing.
Old 12-23-12, 07:17 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Toyboxx
Looking good so far. I finally got my car to crank, but it's not starting. So I'm guessing it's either fuel, or ignition. So when I get back from my trip, I gotta test the spark plugs, and the injectors and make sure they are firing.
thxs man, i hope you figure out your problem. as for me, after the holidays, i should be able to start this car. all i have left to do is hook up all the turbo stuff which will be super easy, and i can finally turn the car over will keep you guys updated!
Old 12-24-12, 04:54 PM
cheftank
Rookie

Originally Posted by wirelesstj
nah only installed the oil line kit yesterday. im waiting on my manifold to be ported, my friend keeps pushing it off. what gasket are you running on your manifold and how did you put on the fpr kit? did u take off the intake mani?
i'm running the oem metal gasket. Metal is re-usable so i figured why not. I have a DM 1jz gasket you can have if you need it.
Old 12-24-12, 05:43 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

nah i have a 1jz dm gasket too. i just dont really like it to be honest. id rather run the multi layer copper gasket that came with the twins
Old 12-24-12, 06:22 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you get it to crank yet? If so, what was it?
Old 12-24-12, 07:33 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Did you get it to crank yet? If so, what was it?
what was what? and no havent turned it over yet, still have to mount turbo and manifold. will do that after the holidays probably. or maybe christmas. idk, we'll see
Old 12-28-12, 06:06 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

so manifold is mounted and bolted up. but ran into an issue

wastegate is in the way of a downpipe going in. soooooooo.....waiting for a friend to call back. hopefully he does and can help since he can weld. will post pics tomorrow of manifold mounted with turbo on. SO FRICKIN CLOSE TO THIS CAR STARTING!
Old 12-28-12, 06:56 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Your so close man. Hopefully he will come through..
Old 12-29-12, 10:05 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hurry hurry get er started

Quick Reply: Holy 1J!!!