Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Toyboxx's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-12, 07:21 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats what we like to hear. I think the size you need for the factory hole is 1 1/2"... the pedal was a pain with large hands and upside down. lol. good luck man. car looks great with the TT wheels.
Old 09-19-12, 12:11 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Thats what we like to hear. I think the size you need for the factory hole is 1 1/2"... the pedal was a pain with large hands and upside down. lol. good luck man. car looks great with the TT wheels.
Thanks buddy!

I'm still a bit confused on some stuff with the swap. I was looking for the plug for the NSS plug, and I can't find that grey plug for the life of me. Is it going to be on the tranny or the motor.
Old 09-20-12, 10:35 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Toyboxx
Thanks buddy!

I'm still a bit confused on some stuff with the swap. I was looking for the plug for the NSS plug, and I can't find that grey plug for the life of me. Is it going to be on the tranny or the motor?
Anyone have any idea? Also I remebered I need the hard pipe on the back of the intake manifold that connects to the IACV. It goes across the back of the engine. I'll see if I can find a picture on the internet.
Old 09-20-12, 01:05 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Hey guys, my girlfriend has created a blog for her online media class here at Walter Cronkite ASU. Follow her, and show her some support! Thanks guys!

http://sheridanfisher.wordpress.com/
Old 09-21-12, 02:42 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Hey guys,

Still confused on the previous question as well as jumping the starter. I've heard that I will need to jump the starter harness. How do I go about doing that I've been searching my *** off, and review Biggu's thread as well as some others. I have a full Soarer 1JZGTE R154 Swap that I'm swapping into a '93 Auto SC300. Since I have a full Soarer swap, do I need to worry about any of the previous mentioned items?
Old 09-21-12, 03:04 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a large grey plug on the tranny right side closest to the bellhousing. At least on the sc400
Charley
Old 09-21-12, 08:30 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you find the plug?
Old 09-22-12, 10:24 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Did you find the plug?
I wasn't able to look yesterday. Will be looking for it tonight though. I'll be starting the swapping of the motor into the chassis on Monday & Tuesday. So I'll keep it updated. Anyone have any ideas for the starter?
Old 09-24-12, 11:53 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Hey guys,

Still searching for some answers. I've been looking for a part # that correlates to the hard pipe that connects the IACV.

Below are some picture of what I'm trying to find.

And here's a picture I pulled from a swap on eBay. You can see it connects the IACV then goes through the rear of the spark plug cover, then connects to something on the turbo piping. Anyone have an idea of what the part number is? Or if there is any other alternative I can run.

Also here is the rear of the tranny on the right side, still not finding any unplugged grey oval plug so I can do the NSS. Unless it doesn't matter since I'm doing a full Soarer 1JZ R154 swap?

Old 09-24-12, 02:24 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Alright after doing extensive research, and talking to a Toyota Parts guy in person, here's what I've found. Part # 22206-46021 Idle Speed Control Pipe. It connects from the IACV to somewhere on the turbo piping by the BPV. Now I dunno if that is the correct part#, if I can please get some clarification on it, that would be greatly appreciated. I do have a thread & a picture of said pipe. I just don't know if the part number I listed is correct seeing as how it is for a 2JZGTE and not a 1JZGTE. Also that Supra's don't seem to have Heater Control Valves, and this pipe seems to connect to one. Soooo I'm at a lost here...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...Control-Hookup

Old 09-24-12, 04:51 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

woooo! Fricken sweet!! Nice update
Old 09-24-12, 06:13 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the grey plug is on your vehicle harness. MT doesnt have a NSS
Charley
Old 09-26-12, 11:59 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Hey guys another question, I'm in need of some of the turbo gaskets that mate to the turbo piping. Anyone know where I can pick some up, or if the 2JZGTE turbo gaskets will work? I would imagine so, just curious.
Old 09-26-12, 12:08 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Most just stick an air filter on the end of the IACV on map based ecu's, or run a standard hose to the turbo intake pipe.
there is a one way check valve at the base of the IACV (you can see the groove for it if yours is missing), that will keep the boost in and under vac it will let idle air through. people with maf based ecu's more or less need that piping,as the idle air needs to be post maf sensor, but you are good to go on a 1jz idle air does not need to be measured. Maf also needs to recirculate the bov, map does not need to =)

Last edited by Ali SC3; 09-26-12 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-26-12, 12:49 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Most just stick an air filter on the end of the IACV on map based ecu's, or run a standard hose to the turbo intake pipe.
there is a one way check valve at the base of the IACV (you can see the groove for it if yours is missing), that will keep the boost in and under vac it will let idle air through. people with maf based ecu's more or less need that piping,as the idle air needs to be post maf sensor, but you are good to go on a 1jz idle air does not need to be measured. Maf also needs to recirculate the bov, map does not need to =)
So your saying I don't neccasarily need the hard pipe I can run basic vacuume hose from the IACV to the Turbo Intake Pipe? What about the little pipe that runs underneathe it connect to the hardpipe?

Quick Reply: Toyboxx's Build Thread