Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

build log

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-11 | 10:15 AM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

Default build log

Basically just wanted to start a thread to document changes. Car is a 1992 sc300 bought it with 148k Miles now has a little more then 160k. Replaced quite a few things when i first got it then neglected it the past year and finally got some motivation to do some work to it.
So ill start with a few pics of when i got it 1.5yrs ago and show where its at now and try to stay current with it.

SORRY FOR PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS..THEY ARE HORRIBLE

anyway lets begin.
Ugly stock wheels, yellow hazey lights and old tint pretty good interior though

Ok so that was a while ago since then i have installed new headlights highs and lows and cornering lights, painted dash sem black installed 99 steering wheel purchased a set of 19" rims(19x9.5 all around 245/35F 275/30R) need coil overs!! right now have supra na suspension.
Ive pretty much gutted the car right now while slowly putting the interior together with minty parts and will be doing suede head liner and probably the center console lid and rear deck. but that will come..anyway this is how the car sits today..

new lights

steering wheel/dash

carpet before cleaning(will be cleaning hopefully tomorrow)

hopefully i will get a good amount done this weekend and put back together
have my rear rotors coming in tomorrow so ill get some pics of that..

oh yes a pic of how the car sits now(only had the headlights installed in this one) not to shabby for $59 dollar a piece 19s eh?
Old 12-30-11 | 10:18 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Nice progress man. Your seats are in good condition.
Old 12-30-11 | 10:27 AM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

thanks, the bottom plastic pieces aren't at all but the seats themselves are def, a little more wear now on the driver side, but hopefully will be replacing with black though and will sell these when the time comes.
Old 12-30-11 | 11:29 AM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

Nice start so far
Old 12-30-11 | 12:06 PM
AlphaMotor
Lead Lap

Great start bro! It's coming along nicely.
Old 12-30-11 | 07:09 PM
lilSCsteve

Nice progress pics, keeping them coming!
Old 12-30-11 | 08:13 PM
Ciolfi
Driver School Candidate

Not crazy about the wheels but soooo much better than the stocks. What are you plans with it for down the road?
Old 12-30-11 | 09:28 PM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

^ the wheels where $59 a piece brand new($300 shipped) so i couldnt pass it up plus a nice 4" lip..not the best rim but definitely happy with them, once i lower it more and maybe add a spacer to get them a bit more flush ill be happy enough to take care of everything else.

as far as plans, finish doing full black interior, coil overs, paint and na-t.
surely other minor things here in there like upgrading audio a bit but nothing crazy..considering a carputer since im good with building computers etc shouldnt be a hard task for myself but so picky about a touch screen.
Old 12-30-11 | 09:42 PM
UR2klose
Pole Position

i think those sc300 wheels are the ugliest wheels lexus ever made. i hated mine lol

nice makeover
Old 12-31-11 | 07:38 AM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Good progress man.
Old 12-31-11 | 09:55 AM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Nice ride seats are nice n rims are def an upgrade... i thought na supra suspension was the same as stock sc300 suspension?
Old 12-31-11 | 10:24 AM
greens14
Lead Lap

^ its about an inch or two shorter. i cant recall exact amount
Old 12-31-11 | 11:07 AM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scviolence
Nice ride seats are nice n rims are def an upgrade... i thought na supra suspension was the same as stock sc300 suspension?
ive heard that mentioned before after buying it, but i installed them anyway and the car is definitely lower..not as much as i want but noticeable from my stock setup and they are/were in pretty good shape when i got them.

and thanks for the compliments , i got started on a few things today but waiting on fedex man to show up and carpet to dry so i can start the tan to black process and install my new rear rotors and pads..definitely needed..will get pics up asap..also have to install my hid's for my highs that just came in yesterday...quite a bit to try to get done before its dark tomorrow , i have a feeling ill be going to work with a cluster steering wheel and one seat.
Old 12-31-11 | 02:12 PM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

Got a little done today, installed the rest of the bottom part of driver side dash in black(still need the trunk/gas/hood latch pieces in black before thats finished totally..

also pressure washed the carpet so its ready for tomorrow and installed my new rear rotors and brake pads

anyway heres the pics..and apologize for the dirtiness of the car/rims i live off a partially dirt road and no rain recently so its dusty

Old 12-31-11 | 05:40 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

where did you buy the rotors and what was the price to your door

Quick Reply: build log