Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

2008 ISF Audio Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-12 | 08:16 PM
sushiboi
Lead Lap

This setup look like it's gonna be pretty sick!
Old 01-14-12 | 05:15 AM
bigaudiofa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
If you really want to talk sound deadening, talk to this guy:

http://www.raamaudio.com/

Rick is pretty incredible when it comes to this stuff. Tell him lo bux racer from YSTC sent you...
Raammat fat mat, dynamat, they all are pretty good in their own way depending on what kind of weight you want to add. Some like fatmat have a tar smell for a few days after apply. If you want to really get serious results the liquid coating I mentioned in my previous post is second to none as is bonds with your original metal and creates a barrier against noise and vibration.

in the end they are all good.
Old 01-14-12 | 08:06 AM
FastPaced
Rookie

Originally Posted by bigaudiofa
PICS MAN SEND ME THE PICS!!!!!
Sent!
Old 01-14-12 | 08:57 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
That is what I was wondering in regards to what you actually heard audio wise when you set your low pass frequency to 60Hz...if your subwoofer box was actually "kicking hard"(for lack of a better term) ---.thanks for the insight.

I asked because I added a sub to my non-ML system when I had my IS350 and grabbed the subwoofer outs from the stock amp , ran that to my line convertor , then preout to my Alpine amp and still got the "semi bassy" sound the factory sub gave me ...even tho I was running a 400W Alpine amp to a 10" custom sub box, with alpine Sub----the factory amp still regulated the frequency content at its output....so it would be low passing at whatever frequency and volume it was set for - which in my opinion Lexus skimps on the bass too much
the ML is no Great sound system---its clear but is really lacking some serious sound---system just doesnt pump!

I would love to hear the system-- to get a reference....but hey again thanks for this thread....I know how to install audio systems as well and being that i have the knowledge of the IS350's how to unsnap and unscrew all this plastic stuff...seeing the ML amp and its connections is a helpful insight.
I plan on getting the harnesses the retired Airforce MstrSgt mentioned above...as the connections for the ML amp are the same Toyota radio connections for the camry system since the mid 80's....This way I dont have to cut any wires...(understood that you had two days to do it so there was no choice but to cut...but ehhh you can always reconnect them).

please update once you fine tune the system to see if the frequency content is there on the bass side of things (below 100Hz) especially at higher volumes. for some reason the higher you put the volume on this system the more it robs the bass--
This is very interesting.... has anybody else that installed an aftermarket sub in their IS F noticed this if they tapped into the orig sub's wire???
Old 01-14-12 | 09:08 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FastPaced
Sent!
we ALL want to see!!!
Old 01-14-12 | 09:44 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
That is what I was wondering in regards to what you actually heard audio wise when you set your low pass frequency to 60Hz...if your subwoofer box was actually "kicking hard"(for lack of a b etter term) ---.thanks for the insight.

I asked because I added a sub to my non-ML system when I had my IS350 and grabbed the subwoofer outs from the stock amp , ran that to my line convertor , then preout to my Alpine amp and still got the "semi bassy" sound the factory sub gave me ...even tho I was running a 400W Alpine amp to a 10" custom sub box, with alpine Sub--
Quoted from tt061880
"
I also tested the signals from the two front woofers, they carry a lot of midbass. If you have signal from either one of the front woofer, the signal is only half compare to using both(I achieved this by using a Y RCA cable).

The best solution I found is SUM up the two front woofer to one channel and the subwoofer on a channel by itself. By doing it this way, the setup sounds SO MUCH better than before. I can actually listen to the lows without getting a headache like it was before
"

From reading this, it seems like this is the way to get the full frequency from our mid/low bass. Have you guys tired this method? Your thoughts?
Old 01-14-12 | 03:30 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

nice build... can't wait to see the finished pics

too bad we can't really hear it through the internet... *sigh*
Old 01-14-12 | 06:50 PM
bigaudiofa
Driver School Candidate

Here are some finished pictures. Will get more when he comes for tuning. I will also check out if adding the sub to the inputs for summing adds anything.

Fuse block was placed on top of the fuse box for a few reasons.
Quick removal is you need to get to fuses.
Held in place with no drilling any holes.
Perfect location

Also the ground wire was upgraded as well, using the stock grounding location only paint was removed and stock bolt.

Subs installed

Last edited by bigaudiofa; 01-14-12 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-15-12 | 03:13 AM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

love the cleanliness
Old 01-16-12 | 10:54 AM
SWluvin
Driver School Candidate

Looks amazing! You have given me lots of ideas. Wanted to ask if you have put in a bigger alternator? If you ever do please post pictures.
Old 02-01-12 | 05:45 PM
bigaudiofa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SWluvin
Looks amazing! You have given me lots of ideas. Wanted to ask if you have put in a bigger alternator? If you ever do please post pictures.
I did not put a larger alternator in.
Old 02-01-12 | 06:18 PM
ILowNslowI
Pole Position

hell of a nice build!
Old 02-07-12 | 12:48 AM
Jason08ISF
Driver School Candidate

Default Tapped into factory sub

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
This is very interesting.... has anybody else that installed an aftermarket sub in their IS F noticed this if they tapped into the orig sub's wire???
Less then impressed, complete waste of time, I then tried adding a MTX ReQ for bass restoration bt that only mildly helped, I ended up using a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2, this made all the difference. I'm actually now on my third configuration. Replaced front and rear door speakers with components, two new amps and an audison BitOne.1 DSP.
Old 02-07-12 | 05:32 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jason08ISF
Less then impressed, complete waste of time, I then tried adding a MTX ReQ for bass restoration bt that only mildly helped, I ended up using a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2, this made all the difference. I'm actually now on my third configuration. Replaced front and rear door speakers with components, two new amps and an audison BitOne.1 DSP.
so you took out the RF 3sixty.2 and replaced it with the audison bitone.1?? do you mind if I ask why?
Old 02-16-12 | 01:28 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Do you have a model number or know what size those pioneer stage 4 speakers are? They seemed to be a perfect fit..no?

Quick Reply: 2008 ISF Audio Build