Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

2008 ISF Audio Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-12, 11:55 AM
FastPaced
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
Do you have a model number or know what size those pioneer stage 4 speakers are? They seemed to be a perfect fit..no?
They are the 172PRS speakers and they fit PERFECTLY into the front OEM ML spacers. Like BigAudio mentioned to me when we were installing them, it's as if they were made for them... haha
Old 02-17-12, 12:49 PM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also pushing 2 Type-R's, they are 10's, in the same type of sub box. I am using an alpine mono block amp for the subs. They hit hard. I have them tuned down a bit, as it was overkill when first installed. Also it makes a HUGE difference when the rear arm rest is down. I also removed the entire skipass apparatus. This system is really nice though.
Old 11-22-12, 12:35 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigaudiofa
Here are some finished pictures. Will get more when he comes for tuning. I will also check out if adding the sub to the inputs for summing adds anything.

Fuse block was placed on top of the fuse box for a few reasons.
Quick removal is you need to get to fuses.
Held in place with no drilling any holes.
Perfect location

Also the ground wire was upgraded as well, using the stock grounding location only paint was removed and stock bolt.

the system looks good, nice install!

the only thing i would point out is, although you upgraded the battery negative cable to 1/0 and used 1/0 (+) from the front battery to the rear, i didn't see the upgraded alternator positive wire. The stock alternator is fine for that system, as it is 180a. Plenty for what you have. But when the car is running, that 1/0 you added is not helping unless the factory alt to batt wire is also upgraded. Its 4ga at best and is basically a bottle neck at this point. No need to replace it, just add a 1/0 cable right over the top of the factory one. Also, upgrade the engine to frame ground as well. If you don't, that is also a HUGE bottle neck.

The reason this is important is because when the car is running, all power is coming from the alternator, not the battery(s). The battery(s) are actually a load when the car is running. Thats why its very important to do "the big three" when upgrading your system and not just the battery. Think about it, most factory alternator positives are 4ga (or smaller) and most engine grounds are a thin, flat, braided, wimpy wire. You upgrade your stuff to 1/0 but when the car is ON, those wimpy wires are now your bottle neck and all power is being pulled though those.

i know this thread is old but i just wanted to bring that up for those that are just now seeing it.

big three upgrade:
Alternator to Battery (+)
Engine to frame (-)
Battery (-) to frame

Last edited by meade916; 11-22-12 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-23-12, 07:20 AM
FastPaced
Rookie

Originally Posted by meade916
the system looks good, nice install!

the only thing i would point out is, although you upgraded the battery negative cable to 1/0 and used 1/0 (+) from the front battery to the rear, i didn't see the upgraded alternator positive wire. The stock alternator is fine for that system, as it is 180a. Plenty for what you have. But when the car is running, that 1/0 you added is not helping unless the factory alt to batt wire is also upgraded. Its 4ga at best and is basically a bottle neck at this point. No need to replace it, just add a 1/0 cable right over the top of the factory one. Also, upgrade the engine to frame ground as well. If you don't, that is also a HUGE bottle neck.

The reason this is important is because when the car is running, all power is coming from the alternator, not the battery(s). The battery(s) are actually a load when the car is running. Thats why its very important to do "the big three" when upgrading your system and not just the battery. Think about it, most factory alternator positives are 4ga (or smaller) and most engine grounds are a thin, flat, braided, wimpy wire. You upgrade your stuff to 1/0 but when the car is ON, those wimpy wires are now your bottle neck and all power is being pulled though those.

i know this thread is old but i just wanted to bring that up for those that are just now seeing it.

big three upgrade:
Alternator to Battery (+)
Engine to frame (-)
Battery (-) to frame
Thanks for the pointer bro. Sucks that Big lives so far away from me lol Don't know if I'm capable of doing these modifications myself.
Old 11-23-12, 07:47 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW, you guys did an awesome job with that build! SICK!!
Old 11-23-12, 09:03 AM
FastPaced
Rookie

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
WOW, you guys did an awesome job with that build! SICK!!
Thanks. Credit goes to BigAudioFa, he gets stuff done!