Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

twoloose Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-12, 09:55 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Looking forward to this because I hope you know I'm coming harder on the second go round lol.
Old 01-21-12, 11:33 PM
twoloose
Driver

Haha...It'll be setup real nice for spring, hoping to do some shows. I think I figured out which wheels I'm going to go with...Should look mean!!!

You get anything else yet? Pm me if you don't want it public...
Old 01-31-12, 10:59 PM
twoloose
Driver

Update 2/1/12

So as some of you saw in my other thread, I did get bad news about the block having low compression.. So the plan for to fix that, is going with a GTE block, it should be sent out to the machine shop in the next week to get everything gone through to make sure its perfect and basically new. Going to do ARP rod bolts and head studs for some extra security, don't know what I'm doing for a head gasket, probally just a stock one since the GTE comp. ratio should be perfect...Should have it all wrapped up hopefully within a couple months.

Still having a power cut issue up in 4th and 5th gear, trying to figure it out. I worked today on getting the Haltech software to work with my laptop. Really found out today how old this FX10 **** is..Software was designed to work with window 95 and 98..Seriously?? It was crazy, no update out for it to work with newer laptops, luckily I had an old laptop running windows XP and I got it to work on that. So did some data logging tonight, hopefully we'll find the answer in there....

As far as the other stuff, the AEM tru boost and catch can are in. The grille came in last week, don't know if I should put it on with out having the other CF pieces. Don't know when I'll be getting them due to the money going out for the block. Got the sub box mocked up and fitted, need to do the trim pieces mabye this weekend, then carpet and final install and tune.

This car is definetly trying my paitience. Its far from the perfect package it was made out to be, but you can't get them all right...Just try to keep moving forward and get everything done the right way this time...
Old 02-01-12, 07:01 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Yeah go OEM headgasket as your not doing anything crazy and they are plenty strong, no need for a Cometic or anything like that.. As long you make sure the head and block surfaces are perfect it will be all good.
Old 02-01-12, 07:27 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well i don't know how the non vvti gte block is going to work with the vvti head because the vvti gte or ge block has a oil supply fitting on the driver side of the block right on top of the ac compressor.

I would went with the stock wwti block with non vvti ge internal with a tt headgasket , i just think 8.5.1 is too low of a compression .And you have E85 in annapolis !!!

I saw the car at freed's looked great!
Old 02-01-12, 08:57 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Well i don't know how the non vvti gte block is going to work with the vvti head because the vvti gte or ge block has a oil supply fitting on the driver side of the block right on top of the ac compressor.

I would went with the stock wwti block with non vvti ge internal with a tt headgasket , i just think 8.5.1 is too low of a compression .And you have E85 in annapolis !!!

I saw the car at freed's looked great!
I mentioned this to him in a previous thread. I suppose there are two options, one just run a feed to the unused 2nd turbo oil feed port, second is have the machine shop drill out and tap the non-vvti oil sensor hole bigger to fit the vvti banjo bolt. They are in roughly the same location but the non-vvti is only 1/8" thread for a sender. But the vvti block both GE and vvit-GTE have that location threaded much larger for the ocv feed, and both motors use the 'lexus' oil filter bolt instead for the oil sensor in the end of it.

So drill/tap the non-vvti block for the oil feed and use the GE oil filter bolt to put the sensor back in.

But yeah since it's already a working NA-T setup it would have made more sense to just put the GTE internals into the existing GE block. But I think since the car does run still he wants no down time, so he wants to build the GTE bottom ready and just do the swap over a weekend or something instead of having the car down for a few weeks.
Old 02-07-12, 07:43 PM
twoloose
Driver

Well I'm hoping that we have figured out the power issue in 4th and 5th gear. We think it was the boost limiter in the haltech, the boost is set at 12lbs in the car but boost limiter needs to be around 14-15lbs. It was set at 13.9lbs, so we up'd it a little today and so far so good. So I'm going to keep my finger crossed and hope its a perminant fix....
Old 03-11-12, 08:44 PM
twoloose
Driver

So thought I would update on whats going on since the last time... Looks like that boost issue was in the tune, ben figured it out and its been good since. The new GTE block is at the machine shop, waiting on a quote first and then getting it done. Stripped the clear off the TT wheels and polished them up. Not too much else yet, really just waiting to see what the block will cost.. Some good plans for when we do the block, the motor should be looking real good when it goes back in. Thinking about either trying to find a polished turbo housing, powdercoating the old one or having it polished when we do the swap... Thoughts are welcome.

Here are a couple pics from today...

Old 03-12-12, 12:15 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

southwest airlines! LOL