Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-13, 06:45 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sir Gerrb congrats too. You can finally sleep stress free.. Maybe i can drop off my SC while you waitin on your stroker parts
Old 05-30-13, 03:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Congratulation man. I am so glad you got it running on the AEM V2. I know you had a smile on your face as big as GA. LOL
Thanks . It surely is a better feeling than owning a 1100 and 900 rwhp MKIVs built by well known supra builders. Anyone with money can buy or can get the car they want to be built. But when you are able to put together one even when you are not a mechanic , the feeling is un-describable. It just shows what determination can really do. And am sure , armed with the same passion and determination, anyone can do it too. It may not be as good as what the professionals do but having done it yourself is what makes it sweeter.
Old 05-30-13, 03:33 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Sir Gerrb congrats too. You can finally sleep stress free.. Maybe i can drop off my SC while you waitin on your stroker parts
Thank you ! Just like I said, still have a lot of small things needed to be done on the red mamba . I just wanted to finally hear it run with the AEM so I got it started. So the black mamba project will still have to wait considering , I will have to look for funds and parts for it. Not unless I sell one of the supra to have the funds or just freaking move everything on the stroker supra to the SC. But I don't think I want to do that.

I told you , I will help you out any time. Just get the drinks ready .. Those who know me am sure can tell I will extend a helping hand anytime I can. On your and my free time , we can work on your car .. yours is already running... just a few things to get it better man.
Old 05-30-13, 10:50 AM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Dont tear apart your stroker supra, just sell it and fund your black mamba.. lol i need to make time and effort for my SC... will def let you know when im ready..
Old 05-30-13, 01:10 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Dont tear apart your stroker supra, just sell it and fund your black mamba.. lol i need to make time and effort for my SC... will def let you know when im ready..
You know I won't . Someone who has seen that stroker supra built and was interested even before I bought it will take it off my hands anytime, as he told me. It so happened that the owner never told the builders that he is selling it till the day I got it. He was just in a bind. Being built by well known supra shops , I am sure they will sell easy if I have to let go of them so tearing them apart is out of the question really knowing that I will get more money than what I paid for them. MKIvs sell a lot easier than built SC. You have seen some of the supras I had. I sold 5 MKIVs in the past 3 years and even the last supra I sold was a mere shell with only interior and not even a differential on it... just rolling wheels and a damage on the end of the quarter panel and still was sold for $9.5k on SF. I don't know why the MKIV body attracts so many .

The black mamba project can wait ... I said in the beginning of this thread that the red mamba project will be a slow one . I guess the black mamba will be slower... it will entail more funds being a stroker 6 speed , ported head ... and with all the bells and whistles.... Though I have the drivetrain already, it is building the engine and head by a reputable supra builder that will be funds intensive. At this point , I don't have any yet not unless I will be able to sell my Yukon XL Denali, lifted sierra and the other silverado truck which are all taking forever to sell. My interests on trucks and suvs has waned..

Let me know , when you want to work on your car . I will swing by your place if you can't drive it to my place.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-30-13 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-30-13, 01:50 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

I think mkIVs are just becoming more rarer... i used to check SpeedForSale website for MKIVs back then and they sold them quick.. i wish i can buy one of your truck just to have one. ive always wanted one but not for daily lol.. Have you look into BC 3.4L kit? a lot cheaper compare to others.
Old 05-31-13, 04:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I think mkIVs are just becoming more rarer... i used to check SpeedForSale website for MKIVs back then and they sold them quick.. i wish i can buy one of your truck just to have one. ive always wanted one but not for daily lol.. Have you look into BC 3.4L kit? a lot cheaper compare to others.
Is that a hint you are giving me on the trucks ? Which one ?

I will have to talk to whoever supra builder will do my stroker engine and ask based on his knowledge and experience will be a good one. I would like to aim at least 1200+rwhp on a 6 speed. Better than my stroker supra so if I sell the supra it won't break my heart since I know I have better power anyway on the SC.
Old 05-31-13, 01:35 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

QUEST FOR KNOWLEDGE !!!

Still wondering why . Any one can tell me why an Aristo 2jzgte auto ecu that was meant for 440cc high impedance injectors run the car with 2433cc low impedance (2.7 ohms - Siemens Deka iv 2433cc 220lb) injectors at a quite good idle and AFR of around 13 - 13.5 on Octane 93 ?

check video below

http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/ge...f0c50.mp4.html
Old 06-01-13, 08:31 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Jerry, did you call Vrank or Quick?

They might know the issue are talking about on the injectors. I have Quick's number if you need it.
Old 06-01-13, 05:15 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Jerry, did you call Vrank or Quick?

They might know the issue are talking about on the injectors. I have Quick's number if you need it.
Thanks Mark . No I haven't called anyone. I have been busy the whole day and for the next 4 more Saturdays. I was in a shop with a Dyno. A friend is teaching me how to tune. My objective now is to learn how to tune. I have three cars already with 3 different ECU.... ProEFI, Haltech , AEM V2 . Maybe my Black Mamba will be another one ... who knows.

Every time you change something or you have a problem or need a retune , it is becoming an expensive endeavour . So , I have decided to learn how to tune my own cars...

In fact, I bought some 4 books already.

This afternoon , when I reached home , I started practicing what I have learned.. working on my base fuel map to get a good AFR . Started with the Base Cal for a TT supra and did the initial settings till I got it started and have an acceptable AFR . Still not the best but am learning a lot.

Click on the link below for the results of my modifications on my base fuel map to improve my AFR. The first time I started this car mid of this week , it was very rich at 9.5.. Now at least it is at around 13 and the lopey sound coming from the 272 cams are becoming more distinct . but still needs work .. ..I need to work on the IDLE trims since my IACV is working like crazy .. taking in all that air to maintain idle as you can hear all the hissing sound on the video.

http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/ge...e573f.mp4.html

A lot of things to learn . But having tinkered with the ProEFI and Haltech , this AEM v2 is a lot easier to find my way around with the guidance of my friend in the dyno shop.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-01-13 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-01-13, 06:39 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Jerry when you get done with those, I would like to sneak a peak, if thats ok?

Maybe you can richen my tuner with light throttle only, once you have had the magic wand waved over you from the tuning gods!!!! Lol

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 06-01-13 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-02-13, 04:33 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Jerry when you get done with those, I would like to sneak a peak, if thats ok?

Maybe you can richen my tuner with light throttle only, once you have had the magic wand waved over you from the tuning gods!!!! Lol
No problem Mark . I will send them your way .
Old 06-03-13, 02:19 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Errol & Mary from TPS (West Palm, FL)

After exchanging some email conversations with Mary and Errol of TPS at Westpalm, even if I haven't met them yet, it indeed confirms what I have heard about them... very nice people and good customer service.

I did talk to them about the stroker motor / head build for my black mamba project. Their prices are very reasonable I would say for a stroker long block build. Errol had given me also his opinion about the Siemens 2433cc injectors I had on the red mamba and starting it with the Aristo ECU. It is not impossible to have made it happen but it is odd since those injectors are so huge and are hard to fire according to him and getting the engine to run OK with good AFR was really odd.

These guys made me feel at ease dealing with them for my stroker long block build and getting a proEFI from them. Errol told me he would help me with the tune even if I was 800 miles away. My first impression about them was really good.
Old 06-03-13, 06:35 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

It is always satisfying when you receive great customer service over the phone. I like the idea of people willing and able to help online through emails and by phone. Where did you hear about them Gerry? You need to hurry up and learn everything about it. I know tuning relies on experience and troubleshooting. Thats is what I don't have time for in my everyday life. I am so busy around here.
Old 06-03-13, 08:22 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

It is always satisfying when you receive great customer service over the phone. I like the idea of people willing and able to help online through emails and by phone. Where did you hear about them Gerry? You need to hurry up and learn everything about it. I know tuning relies on experience and troubleshooting. Thats is what I don't have time for in my everyday life. I am so busy around here.
Errol is well known in the Supra Community. Even if he is not active anymore on SF , you still see good reviews about them. Also someone I know had her engine built by them.

Damn , I am practicing this week on the red mamba whatever I have learned last Saturday. So I will be on new lessons/topics this Saturday. True , it is all about practice and experience that is why I am given the whole week to do over and over what I have learned. It is all about experience with the knowledge of course.One mistake , you can hurt your motor. But we will get there ... learning what we need to learn.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys