Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-13, 06:58 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshWhite
Nice work so far, man! I've got a red 1994 SC300, currently in Coweta County, GA and I've got some similar goals as to what you've done so far, just with some Getrag goodness and Turbo in the works
Go for it buddy ! Are you from Newnan ? I always go through that route going to our place South of GA (Bainbridge) and always get out of Exit 47 to get something to eat..... but on weekdays am up North of Atlanta .

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Jerry I was wondering, who is going to paint this car? You have done almost the entire car yourself, why not the paint also? If you have another power antenna lying around I need one. The one I bought from Aliga, broke. I hear the motor but no movement on the antenna, needs a mask.

I cant wait to see this red one complete and take a ride in it. Oh wait a minute, I mean drive it!!!
Well , I need to get a good paint job and not a hack job by a DIY like me, lmaol. Since it will be stock looking for the exterior except the wheels and tires , the least I can do for the car is give it a real nice paint job done by the professionals. I am getting tired working on these cars to be honest . Sometimes I ask myself the same question my wife asks me , why am I killing myself working on them instead of just enjoying them. At this point I already have proven one thing, working with these toys ain't rocket science. I am not saying it is easy . It is indeed not easy but with patience and determination one can get things done themselves and in the process avoid being fooled by unscrupulous individuals and save tons of money.

Well you can drive it now , up to 17lbs only .. been playing with it every now and then. Am waiting for AEM v2 flex fuel firmware if it will ever be released so it can be tuned up to around 30-33 lbs. and some nitrous.

I have an extra antenna but I know there is something wrong with it but I believe the mask is good. You can have it just send me a prepaid UPS label I can put on the box . But let me test it first and will let you know exactly its condition.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-19-13 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-19-13, 08:19 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Will be headed your way by tonight. Thanks Jerry. I know how you feel about always wrenching on the cars and have no actual play time on them. You know I tossed the idea around of selling mine for 12k. I think I will regret it. I will never get my blood, sweat or tears back, especially the money. I knew this going into a big project. I think my thoughts would change if I had a friend closer that could lend a hand and knew alot about the SC's. Just me and the tool box. Lol
Old 07-19-13, 08:54 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Will be headed your way by tonight. Thanks Jerry. I know how you feel about always wrenching on the cars and have no actual play time on them. You know I tossed the idea around of selling mine for 12k. I think I will regret it. I will never get my blood, sweat or tears back, especially the money. I knew this going into a big project. I think my thoughts would change if I had a friend closer that could lend a hand and knew alot about the SC's. Just me and the tool box. Lol
Well, that is why I can't wait for weekends when we head towards our place in the South where I can play on wide open highways with wide open throttle. I love that part of GA .. from Columbus GA to the border of Tallahassee , FL through route GA27... over hundred miles of highways and barely any cars and cops but watch it though , once you are caught on high speed within city limits , you are dead meat . My stepson just got a $2k ticket and one year suspension of license on the MKIV since he didn't respect city limits speeds. Kids just don't listen !!!!!!!!

Even cars built by the professionals break so expect things to break and do more work. Too bad you are 280 miles away from my North Atlanta place. I love tuning cars now since it is easier for me though dangerous and more in line with my real profession which was in IT. I am far from being proficient but with practice , hopefully I get there and can help more friends around here since tuning costs a lot . That , I would love to do more and more than mechanical car work . I am getting tired of turning that wrench. I guess I got tired since I practically did everything on the red mamba alone... mechanical , electrical , engine work , ecu tuning , body work .. you name it . But this whole experience on the red mamba thought me a lot of things.

Will keep you posted on the antenna. Will let you know once I get my lazy self to test it.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-19-13 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-22-13, 11:16 PM
JoshWhite
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Go for it buddy ! Are you from Newnan ? I always go through that route going to our place South of GA (Bainbridge) and always get out of Exit 47 to get something to eat..... but on weekdays am up North of Atlanta .
Technically I'm from Sharpsburg, but I'm close enough to Newnan to claim its my hometown . And whereabouts are you in the Northern parts of Georgia?
Old 07-23-13, 03:57 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JoshWhite
Technically I'm from Sharpsburg, but I'm close enough to Newnan to claim its my hometown . And whereabouts are you in the Northern parts of Georgia?
okay, that's exit 51, the one before Exit 47. I am from Roswell around 25 miles north of Atlanta but my project cars are in Duluth which is around 10 miles from Roswell.

This is the part I hate most on this project , body work .. a lot of sanding / filling up . Too much dust . I am stilll trying to smoothen out those fender pulls to make them look like stock once I get the car painted .

Old 07-23-13, 04:03 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

starting to come together nicely and looking more like a wide body rear... Props for all your time and effort into this..
Old 07-23-13, 04:35 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tmf2004
starting to come together nicely and looking more like a wide body rear... Props for all your time and effort into this..
Thank you sir ...

Just to answer someone who was asking what were the specs of this car . I believe I have written a partial list of parts in one of the pages but let me write them down again .

Even with the BL auto transmission , I still am hoping I will be having a 700-800rwhp daily warrior with E85 and the direct port nitrous. I have known some 6 speeds making 800 with the billet 6765. I know that BL tranny will be robbing a lot of hp from the setup. But I believe my 700-800rwhp goal is doable with E85 once I am above the 30lbs of boost especially with the nitrous. I am not trying to get a dyno queen or a garage queen on this car. Just a reliable daily warrior that would support my ego on the streets daily. Even with 650rwhp on the streets will make me happy . Not so many cars you will encounter on the streets daily with that horsepower anyway. I have the MKIVs as my dyno and garage queens for now till my black mamba SC is done that is if it will ever be done .

I believe the following specs will bring me easily to the target hp for this car :

- Built 3.0 2jzgte bottom end -> CP Pistons with upgraded wrist pins 8.5:1 compression and Carillo H-beam Rods and ACL race bearings. All accessories like oil pump and water pump, tensioner, AC,PS,WP pulleys , ATI dampener , all gaskets, etc are all new .
- 2jzgte Head with BC 272 cams and BC springs and retainers, Adjustable Cam Gears and fastened to the bottom end with L19 bolts.
-Precision Billet PTE-6765 CEA .96 A/R
-4" downpipe / midpipe / exhaust (HKS super Drager II)
-NX Direct Port Nitrous set up with 150 shots .
-NX N-tercooler system
-Siemens Deka 2433cc injectors
-Weldon 2345a pump with weldon filters , weldon fuel regulator, weldon controller , PTFE -10an line feeds and -8an return . With the Weldon controller properly setup, I can't even hear the weldon pump anymore so I am thinking of removing the Denso stock pump or maybe will keep it but just wire it in such a way that I activate it when needed so if the Weldon crap out , I can still go home by activating the stock pump.
-AEM v2 ECU
-Weld Wheels / Mickey Thompson ET Radial tires at the rear for traction (28x13.50x15) . 13.50" are only 335s in section width even if mathematically they are more like 345s (13.50"x25.4mm)
-Weld Wheels / Mickey Thompson ET Radial tires infront (18x9")

The last thing I need is a flex fuel sensor and the new AEM v2 firmware supporting flex fuel . At the moment I am boosting it up to around 17lbs. Its a fun car already but I would like to feel that neck breaking surge when I hit that button for the freaking 150 shot Direct Port Nitrous and somewhere a bit north of 30lbs of boost . Well I would need someone really experienced with ntirous to tune the car by then. I hate to experiment on it and blow the engine just like that.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-26-13 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-23-13, 05:38 PM
Wes_Lex
Driver School Candidate

Hey Jerry, Great build. I have a 96 SC400 and am looking to do the same. I noticed you were using a lot of those white zip ties which are indoor use only. The black ones are the UV resistant ones and will last you a lot longer. Just dont want one to deteriorate and you have your No2 lines dragging.
But EVERYTHING you have done to this car is amazing. It has taken me three days to read the entire thing. lol.I live in PCB FL so one day ill prolly be hittin you up for advice once i get my 2J. This entire thread has been quite informative. I AM a mechanic and you have taught me a lot.
Keep it Up!
Old 07-23-13, 06:08 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Wes_Lex
Hey Jerry, Great build. I have a 96 SC400 and am looking to do the same. I noticed you were using a lot of those white zip ties which are indoor use only. The black ones are the UV resistant ones and will last you a lot longer. Just dont want one to deteriorate and you have your No2 lines dragging.
But EVERYTHING you have done to this car is amazing. It has taken me three days to read the entire thing. lol.I live in PCB FL so one day ill prolly be hittin you up for advice once i get my 2J. This entire thread has been quite informative. I AM a mechanic and you have taught me a lot.
Keep it Up!
Thank you sir for the compliment and for the advice. I will try to secure some of those black UV resistant zip ties. I must warn you though that I am not a mechanic and everything I did on this car were all products of my readings, research , talks with 2jz gurus and verifications on my end. My build threads aren't meant to teach anyone. I am just trying to share what I am doing and have done with my cars and prove to myself that I can do it . But if you found something useful from the thread and after verifying things you think it is good and useful information then I am glad I am able to help some people.

Please feel free to send me a message anytime you wish sir .

Last edited by gerrb; 07-23-13 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-23-13, 06:15 PM
Wes_Lex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gerrb
Thank you sir for the compliment and for the advice. I will try to secure some of those black UV resistant zip ties. I must warn you though that I am not a mechanic and everything I did on this car were all products of my readings, research , talks with 2jz gurus and verifications on my end. My build threads aren't meant to teach anyone. I am just trying to share what I am doing and have done with my cars and prove to myself that I can do it and encourage others to be educated with these toys or work on their cars which will help them save tons of money. But if you found something useful from the thread and after verifying things you think it is good and useful information then I am glad I am able to help some people.

Please feel free to send me a message anytime you wish sir .
Yes sir. Like I said, I read the ENTIRE thing and I know you have made it very clear that this is not a tutorial. But Im like you. A do it myself and research kinda guy. I have had my car for 5 years and havnt done anything to it because i am still researching and figuring out what I wanna do. I did not see anything you did that made me say "Whoa, wait what did he just do?" You have done an amazing job.
Old 07-24-13, 07:24 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I am glad then if some info on this thread are useful to others. As I repeatedlly mentioned , what forced me to do things myself was bad experiences. No one will take better care of your interest but you the owner of the car. And am sure if I can do it, anyone can do it too.

Painted the pulled fenders with primer so I can see the high and low spots. I will sand the high spots and apply more filler on low spots and really make it smooth and even.

Old 07-26-13, 09:29 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

This weekend I will try to find time to work on rolling the lips on the front fenders of the red mamba. If I can pull them without deforming them , I will do it too.. lets see. The current wheels and tires are kinda out of the fender on the front too. At the back , I should be able to tuck in 325s easily .. and 13.5 or 345 with some banging on that inner wall on the rear.

I wonder if it will be better that when I get the car painted , the lip will be black as it was from stock ? Or keeping it with the bumper / body color be better.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-26-13 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-26-13, 12:29 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

The Red Mamba and Black Mamba together .. though there are no traces of black color yet on the next SC project . I am even tempted to paint it white now .. can't make up my mind

The Luxury Liners are getting all the attention :

The Dark Side cars are jealous of all the attentions given to the luxury liners ... not to be left aside , they are actually getting bigger intercoolers and IC pipings next week . Sold one of the intercoolers locally and one still available... At the moment it is on the riding mower

I was in a hurry to get my yard done before it rains so I boosted my riding mower

Last edited by gerrb; 07-26-13 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-26-13, 03:40 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Look at what arrived today . Since I have a 150 shots nitrous on the red mamba I was advised to get a bit bigger turbo for it by the people who will be building my stroker engine for the Black Mamba. They told me that at my power goal and with that BL Auto transmission this one that just arrived will be a better choice. I was advised also to get a Progressive Controller for the nitrous so it can initially spool that turbo anytime I want to and at the same time use it for more power .

A Borg Warner S374 ... S400SX 74mm .

Old 07-26-13, 06:48 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Good gosh Jerry. I love your cars man. Your other build will be boosting rather quickly. I know how you work. You now have your yard cut time to 3 minutes flat. Thats for three acres. Lol

Are you going to finish the red car before you start on the other or work on them together? We made it back in town today. We went to the Smokey Mountains for our fifth wedding anniversary.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys