Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-13, 04:36 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Good gosh Jerry. I love your cars man. Your other build will be boosting rather quickly. I know how you work. You now have your yard cut time to 3 minutes flat. Thats for three acres. Lol

Are you going to finish the red car before you start on the other or work on them together? We made it back in town today. We went to the Smokey Mountains for our fifth wedding anniversary.
Belated Happy Wedding Anniversary Mark ! It's nice out there .. .stunning. We were there two weekends ago at Pigeon Forge.

At this point , I don't even want to change anything on the red mamba to be honest. i like the way it runs , the spool ... though running only up to 17lbs of boost. IF I put that turbo in , kinda have to change some stuff since the turbo inlet and exhausts vbands are bigger. I will do all that stuff before the new AEM v2 firmware is out I guess . Got to get it polished or chromed first. I am taking a time out before I really delve into that black mamba project . The whole past year , all my free times were spent on the red mamba. I am kinda burnt out at this point. All I will do at the moment is collect parts for it and eventually get the stroker engine built.
Old 07-29-13, 02:42 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sir Gerrb, This build aint done yet?!! hahaha... Those fenders looks good tho, lets see some pics w/ your welds mounted w/ tires. Im also thinking of getting a BW but S366 if someone will buy my Turboneticz.. Your build just keeps gettin' better man..
Old 07-29-13, 03:27 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Sir Gerrb, This build aint done yet?!! hahaha... Those fenders looks good tho, lets see some pics w/ your welds mounted w/ tires. Im also thinking of getting a BW but S366 if someone will buy my Turboneticz.. Your build just keeps gettin' better man..
hey .. you are back from your month long vacation ? Hope you had an enjoyable one .

I know , these toys are never ending money pits. Mark and I were just talking about these last night.. the time and money we pour into these cars. At the moment I still don't have the complete wheel and tire setup. I am looking for a tire shop that will allow me to install MT ET Street Radial 345s and if I have problem will allow me to exchange them with 335s or 325s.

Well, the car runs well now but I am not pushing it till it is tuned with E85 and nitrous. At this point till only around 17lbs of boost. Maybe with E85 and nitrous around upper part of 30s psi with the 74mm . That would be for an expert tuner to decide. Tuning with nitrous aint a joke so I am not risking it. That engine can blow up in a second if you are not experienced with nitrous.
Old 07-29-13, 05:44 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Vaca was good.. Family had an awesome time being away..

Your Red Mamba is goin to be a BEAST once your done.. Can't wait to see your wheel set up tho...
Old 07-30-13, 10:14 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Vaca was good.. Family had an awesome time being away..

Your Red Mamba is goin to be a BEAST once your done.. Can't wait to see your wheel set up tho...
It wasn't meant to be a beast ... I just want a really fast daily warrior without worrying about the car . That's why the external looks is the least of my concern. You know I don't drive the MKIVs if I have to take my eyes away from them when parked. Just too much worrying . You know what happened to a buddy whose quarter panel was intentionally backed on a street mall parking lot. Looking at it now , the red mamba is actually way overkill for what I want the car for. But at least I know I have plenty of room to grow. At the boost level I am driving it now , I am actually happy with it already. Just want to see how it feels with that nitrous and above 30lbs of boost eventually.

You will be the first to see the car with the new wheel setup in person since you are the one nearest to me.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-30-13 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-01-13, 09:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

For a couple of weeks, this car had been my daily driver. Though I am getting tired of the HKS Drager exhaust hitting dips / inclines on the streets. I like the exhaust but I badly need to raise the rear of the car with bigger tires.

Even the very tip hits some inclines

This exhaust would surely not work for those who love to slam their car really low to the ground. The canister is simply so big . But the exhaust note / ramble is really nice... not noisy on idle . It comes alive as you accelerate.

For those among you who are currently looking for a Supra MKIV , there are 5 supra mkiv for sale within Metro Atlanta as of today. I know links are not allowed on the forum. 3 of them are on craigslist . Two of them I was just told by friends. Damn , I am tempted to sell this and grab one of them. I have just seen one this morning about 8 miles away from me. Inspected and test drove it and I like it... very clean. He is actually selling his ProEFI setup at a good price since he knows he won't get what he poured into his car... tempted to sell this AEM v2 and grab that for this red mamba. I am just afraid , it will be another learning curve for me on the ProEFI for this car. It will take a while before I can get it running just like the way it runs now. I currently like how this car is now setup on the AEM v2... drivability on the streets is good without any hiccups. I have actually been very meticuluous in tuning it to get good fuel economy ... leaning it in places where I can and at the same time getting it rich when needed. I always have the laptop on data logging every time I use it so I can go back and refine the maps .

Last edited by gerrb; 08-01-13 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-01-13, 01:30 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

wow and your red mamba is not even that low.. just check those Supra MKiv and price is decent i wish i had the $$$

Last edited by PoGikoSc4; 08-01-13 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-01-13, 05:54 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

wow and your red mamba is not even that low.. just check those Supra MKiv and price is decent i wish i had the $$$
The one I test drove this morning is near your place 6 speed, black exterior and immaculate beige interior , first owner ,52k miles. That's why it crossed my mind to sell the red mamba. I just wanted to flip that MKIV on SF. Am sure people will be running after that low mileage 6 speed. It is a real good deal. It is unmolested . Owner is 68 year old. His wife bought it for him on his 50th birthday. I thought of flipping it but I hate to loose my red mamba ...lmaol .. my wife wouldn't let me get another car without selling one or two . I wanted to bring the man to the bank this morning and bring the car home but my wife might divorce me if she sees another car .. You have seen how many we have now.
Old 08-01-13, 05:56 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

The one I test drove this morning is near your place. It is a 6 speed, black exterior and immaculate beige interior , first owner ,52k miles. That's why it crossed my mind to sell the red mamba. I just wanted to flip that MKIV on SF. Am sure people will be running after that low mileage 6 speed. It is a real good deal. It is unmolested . Owner is 68 year old. His wife bought it for him on his 50th birthday. I thought of flipping it but I hate to loose my red mamba ...lmaol .. my wife wouldn't let me get another car without selling one or two . I wanted to bring the man to the bank this morning and bring the car home but my wife might divorce me if she sees another car .. You have seen how many we have now.
Old 08-01-13, 05:56 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you need another family member added to your collection? You can have all the cars you want. LOL
Old 08-01-13, 06:06 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Do you need another family member added to your collection? You can have all the cars you want. LOL
Man .. that 6 speed black MKIV is in showroom condition. He said the car never have seen rain. He told me to check under the car .. it was very clean under . It was inside a garage and with car cover. I will text you how much he wants. You won't believe it .
Old 08-01-13, 07:54 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Maybe your wife will be ok wit it as long as you tell her that you want to flip it for more $$$$. Or you can sell me one of your truck for cheap,.. cheap like really really cheap
Old 08-01-13, 08:45 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Maybe your wife will be ok wit it as long as you tell her that you want to flip it for more $$$$. Or you can sell me one of your truck for cheap,.. cheap like really really cheap
Which one .. text me your offer . I can let go any of these ones , GMC Sierra lifted (aka redneck truck), GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD , GMC Suburban 2500, Chevy Tahoe and Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually.

Decide quick ...that car might be gone. I already talked to her and she said no until i sell a car or two. She is afraid I will keep the car . I even told her I won't go ahead anymore with the other SC project . She didn't believe me....
Old 08-02-13, 05:01 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

While I was on my way home this afternoon doing some spirited driving on this car and revving it up high, I remember that I never put any thread locker on the camshaft pulley bolts. There was a time 2 years ago that the dowel on my camshaft in one of my previous supra was damaged due to the fact that the bolt loosened up , the camshaft pulley moved forward and damaged the dowel. So not to be on the same dilemma with my BC 272 cams , decided to remove the valve covers and put thread lockers and bolted back the bolt and torqued them at 59 ft/lbs.

Since the valve covers are out , I might as well work on what I have been putting aside for a long time now... the fittings for my catch can. On the passenger side it is 3/8 npt to -10AN . I will have to go to Lowe's tomorrow and grab the 3/8-18 npt tap for passernger side and 1/2-14 npt tap for the driver side since the fitting on that side is 1/2 npt to -10AN

passenger side 3/8 stock outlet taken out and would need to tap the valve cover and thread in the -10an fitting.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-02-13 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-03-13, 04:12 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Done applying thread lockers for both camshaft pulley bolts , torqued at 59lbs and made sure the camshaft aligns with the crankshaft at TDC . Now it's time to tap the -10an fittings for the valve covers so the lines to the catch can could be finally connected.

I was hesitant to spend so much on taps since I would probably use them once , decided to go to HF and got these taps / dies so I can do what I need to do for a good price of $15

Time to get these done

It was so nice of my wife to vacuum and steam clean my mats on the red SC and black Supra since she saw how dirty they were.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-03-13 at 04:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys