Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-13, 10:53 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
I always thought that the best electric fans where that from the IS300 otherwise you might as well stay stock fan and shroud which does the job well anyway. That at least is all based on the many write ups I read.

So does he need a 90 degree or 45 degree pipe from the throttle body towards the battery location ?
Yea I'm looking to go straight down sense my intercooler pipes from my other car are already made to route that way.
Old 08-30-13, 12:10 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
Yea I'm looking to go straight down sense my intercooler pipes from my other car are already made to route that way.
Got you ... then maybe stock fan and shroud is the best way to go on your end .
Old 08-31-13, 06:30 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

While learning on the ins and outs of proEFI , I wouldn't like the red mamba to be down when I happen to sell the AEM v2. I wanted to continue using it as my daily driver so I figured during that learning process on proEFI , I should be able to use the car using the JDM TT ecu and still be able to get it running up to 400rwhp.
It will be great I guess to have the flexibility of running the car with stock ecu and aftermarket ecu just by plugging and unplugging some sockets and changing injectors from 2433cc to 440cc.

So I started installing some oem / stock parts like the TT map sensor . If I have the JDM TT ecu plugged , all I have to do is unplug the 5 bar map sensor and plug the 2.3 bar map sensor

Installed a plug for the MKIV sub-tps for the Q45 throttle body so I can just add a greddy adapter for my Q45 throttle body . BUT , after reading a great thread by duhafnusa4 about Q45 tps , you really don't need the MKIV sub-tps or ge tps with greddy adapter. You can actually use the Q45 tps with the JDM ecu and even the IDL pin works if wired properly. Great job duhafnusa4 ...and thanks to Ali_SC3 for pointing that out. Thereis indeed a lot of people on this forum who shares their God given talent and are really nice. Well.. the plug I added is there though not really needed now... bummer .. I should have asked Ali first before hand.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-31-13 at 06:48 AM.
Old 08-31-13, 09:55 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

For those who wants to use the Q45 throttle body from newer Nissans with newer TPS style with our stock TT ecu , here is their wiring diagram. The TT ecu uses an IDL pin so it knows when it is on idle position. For an aftermarket ECU , you don't need that pin. On the Nissan TPS, you can have that pin too. It works just like the MKIV sub-throttle or N/A tps so a greddy tps adapter which is an added cost isn't needed. This was already mentioned by duhafnusa4 with the older style Nissan tps and again thanks to him . His thread sparked my curiousity and made me do a little bit more research on the kind of Nissan TPS I have.

The older model Nissan TPS I believe have one 3 pin connector on the tps and another 3 wires separate with another connector just like that on the thread of duhafnusa4 . I guess they have exactly the same wiring diagrams as the newer nissan tps.

I believe the reason why they used 6 wires , they were trying to use the same tps for a lot of different models on their line-up. Some of their cars have pin # 6-5 normally closed just like picture on the left and some have pin # 4-5 normally closed just like picture on the right.

My tps is same as that on the left . Wire 5 is basically common .. so I connected it to ground which is #1 on the mkiv sub-throttle tps. Wire 6 is my IDL pin since it is normally closed while throttle body is closed... just like the way #2 on the mkiv sub-thrrotle tps is closed or has zero resistance with #1 when throttle body is closed.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-31-13 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-03-13, 06:28 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MacGyverQu
Looking forward to seeing what kind of MPG you get as well
After a 300 miles one way trip / 600 round trip , here is the summary of the gas mileage I got .

Heading Out of Atlanta on full E85

first 100 miles cruising at an average of 70mph - 15.4 miles per gallon
next 200 miles IN and OUT of WOT - 10.1 miles per gallon

Heading Back to Atlanta on 93 octane

first 200 miles IN and OUT of WOT - 13.5 miles per gallon
next 100 miles cruising at an average of 70mph - 20.2 miles per gallon

The trips were taken at almost similar time so temperature / weather and traffic conditions were almost similar.

Summary -> you use around 30-40% more volume of E85 to cover the same distance . Thus you will have to refill more. Though it is cheaper than 93 octane. At the end of the day , I still spent a bit more on fuel using E85 but surely the car and I did enjoy the trip better. The turbo spooled faster and am sure the engine was running a lot cooler on E85 as we all read in a lot of write-ups.

By the way , anybody here from Wilmington Delaware ? I am looking at an NA-T with gte block / v160 6 speed / Twin Disc Carbon Clutch/ AEM meth built by FSMotorports and tuned by Justin Nenni. I wanted it test driven and inspected before I fly and pick it up. I have already talked to the owner lengthily. We initially thought of a trade but if the car checks out . I will fly and pick it up but I want to make sure it is inspected after he has given me the leakdown and compression numbers. Any good reliable performance shop aside from FSMotorsports that can inspect the car in that area ?

Last edited by gerrb; 09-03-13 at 06:42 AM.
Old 09-03-13, 06:36 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That's actually not bad Jerry. I average around 19.8 on highway on pump with my setup, cruising around 70-80. Did you have on the AC the whole time?
Old 09-03-13, 06:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
That's actually not bad Jerry. I average around 19.8 on highway on pump with my setup, cruising around 70-80. Did you have on the AC the whole time?
Oh yeah .. my wife ain't riding for sure without it .I could hardly convince her that we use it for the trip if not for the reason that I told her.. that is ... I am trying to see how the car performs in a long trip on wide open highways and what is its gas mileage. She hates the car because of the small cupholder .

I hear people making better gas mileage on cruise .. I had the laptop connected actually the whole time so I will look at my logs and see if I can do better on fuel economy on the cruise zone of the fuel map.
Old 09-03-13, 07:05 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Now that's what I need to do also. I haven't even hooked it up since the new software update. Car has been running the same, since the local guy tweaked it. I did notice the other day that when I turn the car off and allow the turbo timer to be on and activated, the car stars surging again. This is only in this mode.... Kinda crazy, but yet it doesn't do it all the time either.
Old 09-03-13, 07:08 AM
ghostae86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey .. thank you sir , well a few on this forum have seen the car in person . I have a proposition for you ! I know you guys love to drift . Let me have that AE86 you have so I can put a 2jzgte on it and I will give you that running beige SC400 and build it slowly for drifting. Some build threads here you will find , on SCs being drifted.

What you say ? .. Damn I really like that AE86 being 2100 lbs ... find me one with a good body . The only problem I can think of putting a 2jzgte on that car is the differential ... I have seen a lot on the net people putting that power plant in that small car ..
Lol!! I saw a couple of ae86 hatch on craigslist last week. One if them is asking for 2 k. U can lighten them up even more if u remove un-necessary stuff on it but i think with the 2jzgte power.. U wont have any problem with it. As for as the rear differentials, the supra celica rear is my choice for the 1uz swap. From what ive read on the club4ag.com, the supra celica rear can hold a lot of power because of the weight of the car will not give the differentials a hard time to make the wheels spin. In my opinion, i believe that 350 hp is way more than enough on corollas for drifting.. Thats why i chose the 1uz... has alot of torque : )
Old 09-04-13, 12:33 AM
Swint
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good.
Old 09-07-13, 05:51 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Now that's what I need to do also. I haven't even hooked it up since the new software update. Car has been running the same, since the local guy tweaked it. I did notice the other day that when I turn the car off and allow the turbo timer to be on and activated, the car stars surging again. This is only in this mode.... Kinda crazy, but yet it doesn't do it all the time either.
Well , you should not have any problem connecting on the ECU with your Windows 8 after your software update. But don't update your cal . It is not gonna work.. Need to change some options settings but it is not hard. Call me if you need help.

Originally Posted by ghostae86
Lol!! I saw a couple of ae86 hatch on craigslist last week. One if them is asking for 2 k. U can lighten them up even more if u remove un-necessary stuff on it but i think with the 2jzgte power.. U wont have any problem with it. As for as the rear differentials, the supra celica rear is my choice for the 1uz swap. From what ive read on the club4ag.com, the supra celica rear can hold a lot of power because of the weight of the car will not give the differentials a hard time to make the wheels spin. In my opinion, i believe that 350 hp is way more than enough on corollas for drifting.. Thats why i chose the 1uz... has alot of torque : )
I saw those ads but I like yours . I like hearing the hissing sound from those ITBs . When I am really decided maybe I will grab one. Just too much going on right now.

Originally Posted by Swint
Looking good.
Thank you !
Old 09-08-13, 11:49 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Funny thing about that incident was , on a previous red light , his boyfriend was trying to show off. He kept on revving on his old camaro, calling my attention to play. The moment the light turned green, I got on it and reached the next red light first which was around 2 miles from the other. And when his boyfriend caught up with me on the red light, that was the time his girl said that ... "gerrb, wont you take me home in your supra ?" ...

One of my fun moments in a supra !
Whoa, I haven't met you in person but damn Gerry I can picture you are that SEXY!!!!!
Old 09-08-13, 12:24 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JesLet
Whoa, I haven't met you in person but damn Gerry I can picture you are that SEXY!!!!!
Shoot ..... I knew the supra I was using on that incident was sexy . Girls , Boys , Women and men ... Young and Old .. you get the looks . IT IS NOT YOU they are looking at .. but the car !!!

Old 09-08-13, 12:31 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I had more complements on the quicksilver supra than the black one !

Old 09-08-13, 12:36 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah... I think I'll look sexy on that silver too

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys