Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-13, 12:40 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have to agree also. The black one needs better wheels and tires.. LOL

I would love to own either of them Jerry. What a way to represent them man!!!
Old 09-08-13, 01:13 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

I love the quicksilver on a supra. This is my third quicksilver and second black hardtop. What makes me like the black is it is an original TT 6 speed hard top. They are very hard to come by. The last hardtop I had was an NA auto we just converted to 6 speed. Once I get my new set of rims for the SC .. I would move the SC rims to the black one so the quicksilver and black mamba mkivs have same wheels.

Damn , I am wrenching again on the SC . I have been through my AEM data logs from my last long trip trying to work on my fuel maps to get better fuel economy on the cruise zone. Also 4 of my Stewart warner gauges are not giving me the right numbers compared to my laptop dashboard gauges. After some investigations looks like I have interchanged the oil pressure sensor with that of the fuel pressure sensor and the water temp sensor with that of the oil temp sensor. They all look the same but the resistances are different. So I have to take out the freaking intake manifold and everything on the way to interchange 3 sensors that are under the manifold...

Another thing I am trying to investigate is why the needle on my oil pressure gauge on the laptop dashboard is jumping around or is flickering . My Stewart Warner gauge does not. It might be the location of the AEM oil sensor for the ecu. I don't know yet. Right now that sensor is on the lexus union bolt which is also under the manifold.

In the process of taking out pheripherals then the intake ..

Last edited by gerrb; 09-08-13 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-09-13, 06:41 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JesLet
Yeah... I think I'll look sexy on that silver too
Well am sure you will look good on the quicksilver mkiv or I guess about just anyone
Old 09-09-13, 07:47 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

What are you shooting for in the mpg? What you got to me in its current settings, is pretty good considering all the mods.
Old 09-09-13, 08:31 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
What are you shooting for in the mpg? What you got to me in its current settings, is pretty good considering all the mods.
My AFRs on idle and cruise zone of the fuel map is 12.6 - 14.53 depending on the load . I can still go on certain cells to lean them a bit on lower loads in that way I can get better fuel economy. The knock volts figures on my logs on that zone are pretty good . Technically , some will go as low as 15.6 AFR for fuel economy on certain cells / part of the fuel map. But I would not go as low as that . I would rather waste that little fuel just to be on the safe side.
Old 09-09-13, 09:33 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey gerb i was looking at the picture you posted above and just wanted to inform you and anyone else who like polish parts that the 92-95 acura legends have coil pack bolts that shares the same size/thread pitch as the valve cover bolts. In my opinion they look better cleaner than the oem bolts since they are already polished. I have yet to install some on mines as im going to have them gold dipped for fun but i have installed them on a few other gte engines. Here is a picture of what they look like. Its not a suggestion its just to inform you if you didnt know about it yet.
Old 09-10-13, 02:27 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

^^^^^ Thank You Soarer13oy , that is good info. Will look into them . Let me check the Pull-A-Part which is less than 5 miles away from me and look for those Acura Legend.
Old 09-10-13, 04:05 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

If it proves to be a PITA to get your hands on a set, let me know i have an extra set i wouldnt mind giving away.
Old 09-10-13, 02:34 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gerrb
^^^^^ Thank You Soarer13oy , that is good info. Will look into them . Let me check the Pull-A-Part which is less than 5 miles away from me and look for those Acura Legend.
Sir Gerrb if by anychance look for a set for me too ill give u $$$ for a set.

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
If it proves to be a PITA to get your hands on a set, let me know i have an extra set i wouldnt mind giving away.
Sir ^^ if u have another set other than Gerrbs, pm me how much u want for them..
thanks
Old 09-11-13, 07:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Thanks .. pm sent sir !

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Sir Gerrb if by anychance look for a set for me too ill give u $$$ for a set.
Sir ^^ if u have another set other than Gerrbs, pm me how much u want for them..
thanks
Rey when I see an acura legend at the pull a part near me .. will let you know. I can swing by and check.

Damn, after days of just being lazy not wanting to tackle the job of removing the intake manifold due to the so many things to take out .. finally, I was able to take out the manifold after a supraforum member came to visit me and picked up the AEM V2 .... all the way from LA ... which translate to Lower Alabama and not Los Angeles... I hope he enjoys the V2 as I had a good time using it and tinkering around with it in the past 3 months. Helped me learned a lot ! Time to learn to tune on the proEFI .

Now I could move around the sensors I have accidentally interchanged so my gauges gives me the right numbers. It was really a pity to take out the damn intake because of those direct port nitrous lines. IF I have to do this again , this car is going .. going ... going .. gone before I take that intake out . ..or maybe..not !

Last edited by gerrb; 09-11-13 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-11-13, 08:02 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

That pressure sensor (copper color) which I used as a fuel sending unit was actually an oil sending unit .. so I need to interchange it with the one I used for the oil gauge which was actually a fuel pressure sensor. Well I guess , while things are out , I might as well paint what needs to be painted . That pictures clearly shows the scraped black paint.

Old 09-11-13, 08:54 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey gerb i was looking at the picture you posted above and just wanted to inform you and anyone else who like polish parts that the 92-95 acura legends have coil pack bolts that shares the same size/thread pitch as the valve cover bolts. In my opinion they look better cleaner than the oem bolts since they are already polished. I have yet to install some on mines as im going to have them gold dipped for fun but i have installed them on a few other gte engines. Here is a picture of what they look like. Its not a suggestion its just to inform you if you didnt know about it yet.
I guess these chrome bolts protrude when installed on the GTE valve cover?
Old 09-11-13, 11:58 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Yes they do protrude but they still look better than the stock bolts and its old looking color in my opinion. Il be sending Gerb and pogikosc4 a set each so youll see the results soon. Sorry for getting off topic gerb.
Old 09-11-13, 02:49 PM
Back2aday
Driver School Candidate

i feel ya maan
Old 09-14-13, 07:18 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Yes they do but add a different touch on the engine bay in my opinion.

Yes they do protrude but they still look better than the stock bolts and its old looking color in my opinion. Il be sending Gerb and pogikosc4 a set each so youll see the results soon. Sorry for getting off topic gerb.
Thank you - got them today , looks to me you have cleaned them up pretty good already but I will polish them one by one again. Out of the box took a picture and tried 4 of them .. I like them to be honest. They add a certain touch to the engine bay .. matching all the shiny stuff .

I am done moving around my pressure sensors and temp sensors . I will have to reinstall my intake and nitrous lines and take a picture again of the engine bay with all the bolts on. But again ... I really like them and thanks once again.

Thanks again Mang !!!

Last edited by gerrb; 09-14-13 at 07:24 PM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys