JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pictures requested by Gerry

Old 09-25-13, 10:25 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Nice ... looks good. There is more contrast. Thanks !!!
Old 09-25-13, 10:49 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

I hope those bolts won't unscrew due to vibration since their base do not sit flush on the plastic cover.
Old 09-25-13, 01:19 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JesLet
I hope those bolts won't unscrew due to vibration since their base do not sit flush on the plastic cover.
The two on the front sides are well seated .. but the rest I had to grind them a bit..... actually needed a little bit more of grinding. As long as they are tight , I don't think they are going anywhere.
Old 09-26-13, 10:57 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

How did you wrap that DEI on the manifold, did you use a clamp?
Old 09-26-13, 01:57 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good guys. You can also use those bolts to replace the valve cover bolts also. Thats why i sent 16pcs.

Last edited by soarer13oy; 09-26-13 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-26-13, 03:47 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
Looks good guys. You can also use those bolts to replace the valve cover bolts also. Thats why i sent 16pcs.
What?!? Never thought of that. Do you have more of those?
Old 09-26-13, 03:58 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was wonderin' why you sent extras lol... Thanks again Sir...
Old 09-26-13, 04:55 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
i was wonderin' why you sent extras lol... Thanks again Sir...
NP buddy i initially thought you guy would put it on the valve covers first, but you guys have found a different way to use it lol.
Old 09-26-13, 06:01 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

NP buddy i initially thought you guy would put it on the valve covers first, but you guys have found a different way to use it lol.
That's funny ! You actually thought of using them as valve cover bolts and we used them as coil cover bolts. No wonder there were 16 of them . Well , 8 more bolts.. that will add to the bling in my engine bay. I will exhaust all the bling bling on this car, the next project will be shaved engine bay and simple ..I will just be after big horsepower and less of these bling.

I just saw online that there is a 92 Acura legend in the PullApart branch 3 miles from my place. Did I get it right that they are from the valve covers of 92-96 Acura Legend ? I just need two since I still have 6.. though I will grab extra ones.

Last edited by gerrb; 09-26-13 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-26-13, 06:05 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

How did you wrap that DEI on the manifold, did you use a clamp?
Dennis - Yes.. clamped at the end... it is one complete roll.

PogikoSC4 - I will be in your place 4AM on Saturday to help you take out that 1jz and take things apart to make room for your 2jz . I will load the hoist on my truck Friday. You go to bed early on Friday ...lmaol. And I still don't see any build thread ? no build thread, no help. Hire and pay someone to do it for you, lmaol , Am sure someone will help you if you pay them , lol. We start early so we finish early and we go to Hooters or Tilted Kilt after so you can get me drunk !

Last edited by gerrb; 09-26-13 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-26-13, 06:55 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Am I not invited to the party? LOL
Old 09-26-13, 07:25 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

They are coilpack bolts... 92 + Legend I believe. They are visible from the engine bay....
Old 09-26-13, 07:33 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gerrb
PogikoSC4 - I will be in your place 4AM on Saturday to help you take out that 1jz and take things apart to make room for your 2jz . I will load the hoist on my truck Friday. You go to bed early on Friday ...lmaol. And I still don't see any build thread ? no build thread, no help. Hire and pay someone to do it for you, lmaol , Am sure someone will help you if you pay them , lol. We start early so we finish early and we go to Hooters or Tilted Kilt after so you can get me drunk !
LOL 4am?!!! i thought you were kidding lol! you know no build thread for me.. it already took me a month tryin to remove my harness lol and still not out yet.. I cant keep up w/ y'all here.. 4 kids and a happy wife + build thread phews... i will make sure no Black Label for me this friday and ill set a reminder like i always do .. oh, yeah your breakfast, lunch and dinner are on ME lol. and u choose between Hooters & Kilts or we can go both lol

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
of course you are Sir Mark but unfortunately its a 4hour trip for you to our place.
Old 09-27-13, 12:10 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
You know you are free to come anytime . Instead of us talking for hours on the phone , we will talk in person with booze in our hands and being served by pretty ladies .

They are coilpack bolts... 92 + Legend I believe. They are visible from the engine bay....
Dennis , thanks . I have yet to go and find some . I need another 10 of thembut have installed what I already had and looks good.

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
LOL 4am?!!! i thought you were kidding lol! ......u choose between Hooters & Kilts or we can go both lol
4 AM ..let's make it 10am then, lmaol. But Hooters / Kilt ... .you know I am serious , so you better make sure you have a baby sitter in the afternoon and if you get drunk , someone picking you up. We ain't leaving that place till one of us passes out . I already told my wife to pick me up if ever.

Engine Hoist and my Compressor is already loaded in the truck. I am bringing my compressor so we can do things faster. Your freaking small compressor takes an eternity to fill up with air and might be tough to take out those stubborn bolts. I am not bringing my extra engine stand since you want me to bring that engine and dismantle it for you on my free time so you can sell them by parts.

I installed some of those bolts in the valve covers and looks good. I need another 10 of them .

Now , I need a really good paint job . Anyone have experience with a good painter here in Atlanta they can recommend ?

Last edited by gerrb; 09-27-13 at 01:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys