Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-13, 08:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

A very good friend of mine sent me these pictures. He said these are the exact rims and tires I am getting if I decide to get them. He said that he and the seller had agreed to pickup the car once they are both available and he is back from his work assignment very soon. He already has a binding sales agreement and a deposit for the car. Anybody knows who used to own this car ? I am looking for more pictures . The current owner I was told bought it but decided to abandon the project . This car looks to be a very clean one. I am not a big fan of the 97+ looks but this one looks good.... a rare Black 1997 Lexus SC300 5 speed . I read somewhere there are only 120 of these 5 speed made in 1997.

I am liking what I see ...the rear Forgestar F14 rims 18x11 and tires Toyo R888 315/30/18 are flushed on the quarter panel as you can see which is good for me. That means having pulled mine and having an extra 50mm , I can go up 335s and if I am lucky 345s. Another 10 to 25 mm on each side of the tire . Though with 345s , I might have to do a lot of banging or hydraulic pushing on the inner part of the wheel well if it is even possible. Hhmmm .. thats a lot of meat , just like the way I want them. With the red ring body color around those rims , I believe they will look good on my red mamba.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-23-13 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-23-13, 08:43 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love those meat, no homo.
Old 10-23-13, 10:15 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

wow - that color combo looks great with the those F14s on the black SC
Old 10-23-13, 10:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JesLet
I love those meat, no homo.
Me too !!! And wheels look more sleeper than the Weld RT-S I was thinking of getting and yet wide enough to install meaty tires.

Originally Posted by soarer213
wow - that color combo looks great with the those F14s on the black SC
A lot of people want black wheels with a black car. I personally do not like Black wheels on a Black car . From afar , as though there are no wheels .
Old 10-23-13, 10:48 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I can't see the pics of the car but by the description I know what car it is.

The previous owner was from IN , had the complete car for sale last year exactly 1year , couldn't sell the car and decided to part it out to get a GTR.

I wanted to buy the car but i couldn't sold my other car in time.

Couple weeks ago , the pics of the car popped up in the classifieds and i asked the guy that bought the car if he wanted to sell it .
He said yes ! I called him texted him and the deal never happened

I really wanted that car so bad to build a 900hp car but ...
Old 10-23-13, 11:02 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
I can't see the pics of the car but by the description I know what car it is.

The previous owner was from IN , had the complete car for sale last year exactly 1year , couldn't sell the car and decided to part it out to get a GTR.

I wanted to buy the car but i couldn't sold my other car in time.

Couple weeks ago , the pics of the car popped up in the classifieds and i asked the guy that bought the car if he wanted to sell it .
He said yes ! I called him texted him and the deal never happened

I really wanted that car so bad to build a 900hp car but ...
So that's the SC didn't go through for you

Originally Posted by gerrb

A lot of people want black wheels with a black car. I personally do not like Black wheels on a Black car . From afar , as though there are no wheels .
I agree with you for the most part. On my own car, I would be really picky to have black wheels on a black car.

However I can definitely appreciate the look and can perceive it as aggressive or just goes with the look depending on the wheels and car
Old 10-23-13, 11:11 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Someone told me the owner used to be 97sc300t and after searching that username, I saw these very pictures on one of his thread .. "wheel setup". Yeap , the other picture from behind I saw there was with an IN tag. It was an NA-T.

My buddy actually just wanted the engine on this car and the coilovers and the auto LSD diff. But the current owner wanted to sell it as a whole, whatever is left since I was told he is not even also near where the car is right now. He had to move to a place where he can't work on the car anymore so he had to abandon his project. He didn't want to I was told but had to . The auto LSD Diff is now going to one of our friends actually.

I don't even think , my buddy will use the body since I know he won't give up on his hardtop SC which are also rare I guess. He knew I love the black interiors and told me that the interior of this car is better than what I have on the red mamba so that was the first thing he offered me to get on this car once he has it for which I said yes I will get it. I will post the pictures of the black interior that were sent to me in a bit once I am in front of my laptop. Kinda' freaking harder with this Note phone. The interior is really good. That is why I thought of selling my red mamba black interior. If it doesn't sell, well, I probably will have two SCs with black interiors which I don't really mind but the thing is my other SC have also a freaking nice tan interior now.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-23-13 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-23-13, 11:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Here is the car right now as it sits at the place of the current owner I was told.

The whole interior I am getting out of this car ...

Old 10-23-13, 11:54 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Looking at the interior more , I believe my current red mamba black interior is in same good shape except that this car has the 97 perforated seats.

Old 10-23-13, 12:50 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

97+ body parts going to be for sale?
Old 10-23-13, 01:45 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

O_O <3

10char
Old 10-23-13, 04:04 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
97+ body parts going to be for sale?
With the information given by the former owner through text messages , I don't think it will be a good idea to part the body kit even if they can easily be sold for $1200 with tail lights , $300 for 5 speed pedals / parts . I have been told that the paint is in immaculate condition and like new. The former owner was so **** about the black paint that he got it repainted and spent a lot of money . As you can tell on the picture where it sits now , it has that gloss and sparkle even if it had been sitting for months since it was bought by current owner early this year .

There were only 120 1997 Lexus SC300 5 speed made so that I believe should be a good reason to keep it intact. I just confirmed that the body will probably be disposed as a rolling chassis since it will be a shame to part out a very rare excellent shape 5 speed. The paint job alone I was told should be over $2k on this car. I haven't seen it but by the looks and descriptions I am getting... it probably is.
Old 10-23-13, 06:12 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^I am sooo blown he wouldn't reply to my texts or pick up my calls ..I wanted that car so bad it's ridiculous. Bu5 I guess it wasn't meant to be mine.

If you decided to part out with it between now and January just let me know!! I have everything for that car ready I just need the car to drop it in..

Good luck and I hope everything goes through and works out for you!
Old 10-24-13, 04:21 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Will let you know what my buddy wants to do . Right now he is like a kid in a candy store... lmaol. He wasn't interested with the body right from the start as I mentioned in my previous post . Then last night I received text messages that he wanted it so that the motor wont have to be taken out and even told me to let him have the black interior back too. In fact he posted his current hard top for sale . I don't have to have the black interior so I said , that's fine. What are friends for ? Then before going to bed , he sent me text messages saying "oh , never mind. " and took out his for sale ad. Then when I woke up this morning I found text messages saying. "Gerry , seriously I want to keep the 97 and its interior " .

I guess , he is just stressing out right now . Don't get me wrong , this buddy of mine is a very nice guy. It's just that he can't make up his mind for now.... just like a kid in a candy store faced with all sort of sweets in front of him.

Buddy , I know you will read this post ... take a shot glass and your Jameson which I know you like. Once you have calmed down , let me know. But on the wheels and tires , you can't touch them , lmaol. We are done talking about them . They are mine !!!!
Old 10-24-13, 10:00 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So if you decided to keep this SC, I believe this will be your 15th SC?

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys