2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-13, 01:57 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by JesLet
Now you need bigger tires!!! Dibs on that front lip again
If you want it I can send it to you ... no problem. Though let me take a picture first on the crack and if you still want it .. you may have it.

I am planning to install the other bumper without the lip on this car and make it look like this..

Old 11-05-13, 06:33 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys so like gerrb said, I couldn't wait last night to see the car and drove 45mins at 9pm last night. I was amazed at the car, but how clean it is right now is even more amazing. The width of those tires made me laugh they are so awesome! I got the car this evening and went straight to the Meguiar's section of Autozone. I washed/waxed/jizzed up the plastics on the inside. BEAUTIFUL CAR! Always wanted a black manual 2jzgte sc300 with the 97+ body kit. Now I have one and I couldnt be happier. The pictures don't do the car justice. Take a look.Thanks Gerrb! This is a great guy fellas! He better put wheel locks on those forgestars! LOL
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-05-13, 06:46 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

By the way the black sc will have a 2jzgte that you can see in the background of one picture. -Borg Warner-S363, AEMv2, Bosch 750CC HI injectors, R154 Tranny, TT Supra LSD, LS400 Brakes, HKS Wastegate, Tial BOV, Megan Racing Coilovers, Blitz Nur Spec Dual Exhaust, 18" Wheels? Still not sure which ones to get.

I dont have a name for her yet...Any ideas of a good name for this projects of mine I will start? Gerrb any ideas?
Old 11-05-13, 09:22 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

JesLet's Twin is the name.
Old 11-06-13, 02:42 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Damn ...being tired hit me hard last night ... my wife told me I was asleep literally by 7pm. Well I had barely 4 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours before last night.

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
BEAUTIFUL CAR! ..... The pictures don't do the car justice.
I have never appreciated a 97+ SC until now that I have seen that car... that is the reason I just parted out the 97 I had. This car is just truly amazing. Kudos to Adam , the former owner before Jorge. He said it right in a message he sent me, he was so ana? about his black SC. Even Jorge made sure it was in a safe place where no one can go near and do damage to it. Definitely those pictures don't do it justice. I have seen the car only with so much dust on it , what more now that it is clean. Am pretty sure , you will take good care of it !

Always wanted a black manual 2jzgte sc300 with the 97+ body kit. Now I have one and I couldnt be happier.
Not only do you have an SC with a 97+ body kit , you have a rare original 97 5 speed black SC . And to top it off .. it has a black interior which I would rate 9.9 out of 10. It already has the Auto TT LSD good for your R154 and a good racing coilovers. All you need is get your engine and tranny in there and a good set of rims / tires that would help you put that power down . Remember there were only 120 1997 5 speed. I even wonder how many of them are still on the road. That is why parting it out was the last thing I would have done with that car. Being 1 of the 120 was something to be proud of.

I dont have a name for her yet...Any ideas of a good name for this projects of mine I will start? Gerrb any ideas?
Right now , my mind aint thinking yet ..lol.. still tired. Maybe soon you can baptize it with a good name and you can start a build thread so you can share to everyone what you do with the car. I wish you all the luck. I can't get Rey to start a freaking build thread for his car and hope you do start one though I know you are a very busy guy too. Whenever you are in town and are working on the car and need help and we are available , just let us know. But one thing you need to know ... especially if Rey is working with us, we work on the car for around 2 hours , then the next 5 hours we are drinking at Hooters .. . Oh boy , that dude can literally put down a barrel of alcohol and after he would still pass a sobriety test ...as though he hasn't drank anything.

JesLet's Twin is the name.
You are a funny guy .. I just wished you have been near us . It would be fun !!!

Last edited by gerrb; 11-06-13 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-06-13, 07:13 AM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
Damn ...being tired hit me hard last night ... my wife told me I was asleep literally by 7pm. Well I had barely 4 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours before last night.

I have never appreciated a 97+ SC until now that I have seen that car... that is the reason I just parted out the 97 I had. This car is just truly amazing. Kudos to Adam , the former owner before Jorge. He said it right in a message he sent me, he was so ana? about his black SC. Even Jorge made sure it was in a safe place where no one can go near and do damage to it. Definitely those pictures don't do it justice. I have seen the car only with so much dust on it , what more now that it is clean. Am pretty sure , you will take good care of it !

Not only do you have an SC with a 97+ body kit , you have a rare original 97 5 speed black SC . And to top it off .. it has a black interior which I would rate 9.9 out of 10. It already has the Auto TT LSD good for your R154 and a good racing coilovers. All you need is get your engine and tranny in there and a good set of rims / tires that would help you put that power down . Remember there were only 120 1997 5 speed. I even wonder how many of them are still on the road. That is why parting it out was the last thing I would have done with that car. Being 1 of the 120 was something to be proud of.

Right now , my mind aint thinking yet ..lol.. still tired. Maybe soon you can baptize it with a good name and you can start a build thread so you can share to everyone what you do with the car. I wish you all the luck. I can't get Rey to start a freaking build thread for his car and hope you do start one though I know you are a very busy guy too. Whenever you are in town and are working on the car and need help and we are available , just let us know. But one thing you need to know ... especially if Rey is working with us, we work on the car for around 2 hours , then the next 5 hours we are drinking at Hooters .. . Oh boy , that dude can literally put down a barrel of alcohol and after he would still pass a sobriety test ...as though he hasn't drank anything.

You are a funny guy .. I just wished you have been near us . It would be fun !!!
I had a 30 pack of beer I the bed of my truck the night I came to help pull the engine!! Lol but after seeing how tired you were I knew that was a no go and you were about to hit the sack! I am going to start a thread but everyone here knows it'll never be as good as this one! Your a legend pretty much from this build thread!
Old 11-06-13, 07:23 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I had a 30 pack of beer I the bed of my truck the night I came to help pull the engine!! Lol but after seeing how tired you were I knew that was a no go and you were about to hit the sack! I am going to start a thread but everyone here knows it'll never be as good as this one! Your a legend pretty much from this build thread!

Oh shoot ... I am just like you and most of the guys here... that does not know much. I am just probably 2 pages ahead of you... doing a lot of readings and verifications. Everything you need to know is out there on the net .. just verify what you read and you will be fine. Not everything you read or not everything that someone else did will be good for you.
Old 11-06-13, 02:33 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Aaron,

Calypso(from pirates of the caribbean) or T.B.P.A(Tired Being Pass Around) lol j/k . Seriously tho that 97 looks amazing .. looking forward to see your build thread.. Good luck brother!
Old 11-06-13, 03:13 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Since the 315x30x18 Toyo R888 with Forgestar 18x11 were not wide enough for the Red Mamba and are sunken because of my flared fenders , I have decided to install them on the Red Mamba Twin .

Old 11-07-13, 02:22 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Mang Gerry thanks for the opportunity on letting me keep the GE. I appreciate it man.. Lookin forward workin on it.
Old 11-07-13, 04:30 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Mang Gerry thanks for the opportunity on letting me keep the GE. I appreciate it man.. Lookin forward workin on it.
Build thread build thread build thread REY.
Old 11-07-13, 07:19 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
No problem man... the only thing you need now will be intake and exhaust manifold. You already have you turbo / downpipe / exhaust and most stuff .. I am glad I didn't take out the oil pan yet.

He will... Aaron started his build thread already .
Old 11-07-13, 09:17 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Lol, sorry it's my freakin' phone.

So Gerry this red twin will be the widebody/stoker?
Old 11-08-13, 03:03 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Lol, sorry it's my freakin' phone.

So Gerry this red twin will be the widebody/stoker?
I don't know yet. You know plans always change .

It's a 1992 just like the beige one . It's an SC300 compared to the beige SC400 so I don't need to replace AC lines. Paint is still in good shape. The work of removing the drivetrain had already been done.

Going widebody on my 2nd SC is something I am having second thoughts now after seeing on the red mamba that I don't have to go widebody to fit 345/35/18 tires. That widebody is just a lot of work and more expense as I can see and takes away the sleeper look. I would rather divert the widebody expense into making it fast. I really don't know for now.

Why , you want the beige SC ? That car you can drive back from GA to AZ. It is still a good running car.
Old 11-08-13, 12:27 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Today I received the Chromed Billet Coil / Plug cover . This piece looks amazing ...pictures don't do it justice. I am planning to cut clear belt cover in front and use the chrome cover at the center. I wonder what I can use to cut that plastic cover without damaging it.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys