2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-13, 02:18 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by JesLet
I want your clean seats
If you come and visit us , I will let you take them .

Originally Posted by BoostLogic
Gerrb,

Simply stunning!!! Need I say more.....
Thank you sir !

Originally Posted by tmf2004
you got rid of the clear manifold cover? Love this engine bay always have... Stunning indeed...
Thanks . I still have it. I actually had three of those covers. One new I sold on SF a couple of months ago. The used one I had on the red mamba I am about to post on SF and the new one I will keep if ever I decide to put it on back. These are not available anymore from any store so I would keep one of them.

I got a chromed billet coil / plug cover so I would be buying a clear cover just for the cam gears and the front of the engine .

The used one on green bubble wrap will be for sale

This is the cam gear cover I am buying so I can use the chromed billet coil cover. And if at the end of the day , it doesn't look good to me , I can always bolt on the new clear cover I am keeping.

Last edited by gerrb; 11-16-13 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-16-13, 03:00 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

they look great.. i would definitely keep them since there rare and not produced anymore...
Old 11-16-13, 04:06 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

they look great.. i would definitely keep them since there rare and not produced anymore...
True .. they are hot commodities on SF. I posted the used clear cover ad at 6:28 this evening and by 6:31 it was sold and paid. then I got 3 extra people sending me text messages wanting it too.

Am definitely keeping my extra new one since you can't find them anywhere now.
Old 11-16-13, 06:13 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

so is the Red mamba finished with the wide body..
Old 11-16-13, 07:08 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

so is the Red mamba finished with the wide body..
I am shelving the idea of a wide body for now since after the pull I did on the quarter panels on the red mamba , I can easily fit 345x35x18 tires which was the very reason why I wanted a wider quarter panel so I can fit really wide tires. And if I keep it stock looking , I keep the sleeper look. It definitely surprises some cars I encounter on the road every now and then.

Maybe some day for a wide body ...things always change after all . For now , I would rather channel the funds for more horsepower on the Red Mamba Twin rather than spending on wide body and bling bling .
Old 11-17-13, 02:11 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
I am shelving the idea of a wide body for now since after the pull I did on the quarter panels on the red mamba , I can easily fit 345x35x18 tires which was the very reason why I wanted a wider quarter panel so I can fit really wide tires. And if I keep it stock looking , I keep the sleeper look. It definitely surprises some cars I encounter on the road every now and then.

Maybe some day for a wide body ...things always change after all . For now , I would rather channel the funds for more horsepower on the Red Mamba Twin rather than spending on wide body and bling bling .
Nonsense! With that horsepower you are aiming for, a widebody is a must. Meaning, wider tires so you can put that Red Mamba sticking to the ground.
Old 11-17-13, 02:58 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Nonsense! With that horsepower you are aiming for, a widebody is a must. Meaning, wider tires so you can put that Red Mamba sticking to the ground.
get that widebody with that Auto Couture style front bumper and let me see pictures ...then I will decide . I want the RM1 and RM2 sleeper look . Remember I have the beige SC to play around with if ever

I don't need a wide body to get 345 tires on the red mamba. I tried the 315 and they are still way in . The flare on my pulled quarter panels is just like the 50mm quarter panel sold on the market so fitting 345x35x18 is not a problem at all. RM1 is a daily driver so I don't need too much HP that is why that is the car where I got all the bling bling . RM2 will just be all go / fast stuff . You know the RWHP I am aiming for that car . It should top or be at par with my stroker Boostlogic built Supra MKIV. I can't believe I literally spent the past 8 hours browsing the net researching about and looking for good deals on ferrea stuff for the head and the stroker crank, pistons, rods for the block.

Last edited by gerrb; 11-17-13 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-21-13, 04:47 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

I'm still waiting for that pic of Greddy clear and chrome coil covers Gerry!!!
Old 11-22-13, 08:10 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I'm still waiting for that pic of Greddy clear and chrome coil covers Gerry!!!
I haven't bought the front clear cover for the cam gears yet for Red Mamba 1 . It is not actually pricey ... only $70 shipped. I have been busy piecing together the parts I needed for the engine build of Red Mamba 2. Doing a lot of research for that 1200+rwhp build so I can send all the parts for the head and block to the builder.
Old 11-25-13, 11:26 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

It should look like this

Old 11-27-13, 10:05 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

It should look like this
looks cool I guess . If not , I will reinstall the complete clear coil / plug cover. I will soon order one of those cam gears only clear cover

Right now am finalizing pickup of a car whose black interior I wanted that's why started parting out the older black interior of the red mamba . Some thoughts are coming to mind right now .. don't know yet if I will do it or not. I will put back the Red Mamba into an all black interior and the Red Mamba Twin in black and tan interior. Anything that is brown trim right now on the RM2 , I will replace with black since I have those parts and whatever is tan I will leave it.. just like the way how some RSP colored SCs came with the two toned black and tan interior and how some bimmers interior look like .

IF I do that , then the only black interior I have to sell are the two door panels , the back seats , center console without the top trim and the rear lower side panels . All the rest I will use for the RM2 with black and tan themed interior.

here is the car I just bought to get the black interior. Now , anyone needs a complete SC400 drivetrain , send me a PM . I have three of them still on the cars. I will let them go cheap. No shipping though ... only pickup .

Last edited by gerrb; 11-27-13 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-29-13, 06:46 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Found these pictures on the net ... black and tan just like the way some Supra MKIV came out of the factory .. tan carpet and tan seats.

Though I will try to experiment on some other combinations while I still have all the extra black parts. For those who PMed me and wanted some interior black or tan parts and haven't paid them yet , I am holding off sale till Monday . By that time I would have decided how I would want my tan and black combo interior would look like and which interior parts I don't really need .

Supra MKIV themed black and tan interior

Trying to add a little bit more tan ... we will see how it will look over all and if not good .. just put pieces back where they should belong.

Last edited by gerrb; 11-29-13 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-29-13, 10:22 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I wonder whether it will look better to have that center console and trim all in black .. will try in a minute

This is how it looks right now on passenger side

Old 11-29-13, 11:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Trying to decide if I will keep the arm rest area on door panels, lower part of dash and the whole center console with armrest ...tan or black ..

driver side door panel and lower dashboard in black with tan center console

passenger side door panel and lower dashboard in black / tan combo with tan center console

Last edited by gerrb; 11-29-13 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-29-13, 11:53 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Everything black except carpet and seats...

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys