Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-13, 10:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by JesLet
Yeah I want to see that ginormous turbo... well i kinda don't want to see it when its done, when I see that turbo I would say, damn my shiet is really small I'm talking about the turbo here...
Don't worry , we always knew yours was small

I did exactly what you told me using the multimeter... works great! It's your fault by the way, with all those text messages, it scares me to work on it. Talking about sparks, fuel vapors and getting burnt, I'd rather go to sleep or eat...
LMAOL ... I was just trying to make sure you don't play around with anything that sparks near the fuel tank with gas or you will be toast especially with that pump cover open .

you got yourself a great deal on the last one though.
I am glad , I didn't listen to you , ! I was ready to let it go and pass when you said NAHHHH since it was a salvage title. But I wasn't after the car.... just the interior. Though the car can be restored and reinspected. The only damage from the accident was the minor dent on the front bumper. It was just easier and cheaper for the insurance to total it so they can save money. I have test driven the car before parting out the interior and it ran really good.

Finally, I am done transferring the steering wheel , airbag and column covers. Now I need to clean up the leather / interior so all the dust, dirt and whiteish spots disappears.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-10-13 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-13-13, 05:41 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I removed the Red Mamba One front bumper since I sold the OEM front lip and am installing a 1996 front bumper with removable center grille and already has the oem lip too. Besides the Red Mamba Two has the same 92-94 bumper so I wanted a bit of a variation between the two. All the three SCs I have are all 1992 models with clean autocheck / carfax history without accidents, so I want one to look like a 1992-94 , the other 1995-96 and the last if I decide to keep it , a 1997-2000 but with a Auto Couture / Shine front bumper . I just don't like the 97+ oem front bumper. This third will simply be a good looking stock SC400 daily driver and sell my Benz which is my DD for now . I have two extra 1uzfe complete drivetrain right now so I don't have to worry about it breaking down.

And why am I keeping all these 3 SC , well eventually I want to sell my MKIVs once I have the same power on my two SCs. Don't get me wrong , MKIVs are good especially for bragging rights but just too much money tied up and seldom use them. One is always paranoid that something bad will happen. They are hot cars . They attract too much attention both from guys who appreciate the cars and from crooks who love to steal or do damage to them. Like I have a couple of friends whose MKIVs had been vandalized on street malls. I know I can make some money when I sell mine since I got them for a very good price and were built by two well known Supra Motorshops in the country. Built MKIVs are a lot easier to sell than built SCs. Nobody wants our SCs even if they have the same power of a MKIV. If I can have same power on two of my SCs then why do I need the MKIVs for ? I might as well enjoy that cash in my pocket than the MKIVs sitting as garage queens. I have enjoyed driving my Red Mamba One since it surely had fool a lot of cars / drivers on the street with it being a sleeper. Well , maybe I will keep one MKIV... I really don't know for now. I have been debating on that idea .

Someone also asked me where I moved the fusebox and how did I route my Boostlogic Tranny coolers. I took some pictures for you. The fusebox is currently below/behind the driver headlight but it is not the ideal place for me so I am moving it to the trunk. It is kinda obstructing the airflow from the airdam to my Engine Oil cooler and Powersteering Cooler.

Oil Filters are on top of the intercooler

Boostlogic Tranny coolers -> Two are beyond the intercooler

And one is on the passenger side with the tranny filter and air filter

Last edited by gerrb; 12-13-13 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-13-13, 07:21 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow you made all those space useful.

What to do there in GA? I might come down and test drive one of your MKIVs and see if they are faster than mine...
Old 12-13-13, 07:50 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Wow you made all those space useful.

What to do there in GA? I might come down and test drive one of your MKIVs and see if they are faster than mine...
Seriously, if soarer213 decides to come over , plan on coming over to our place in the South. Rey will be there too. We can play better there with all the deserted highways . Your stay will be on me. Just bring yourself and your family. Damn , take note , I said family and NOT CLAN !!! ....lmaol.

Nah.. yours will be faster than my 1180rwhp and 900rwhp 6 speeds MKIVs. I drive them like a grandpa inside city limits but in the boonies I drive them like I stole them ...lmaol.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-13-13 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-13-13, 08:16 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Seriously, if soarer213 decides to come over , plan on coming over to our place in the South. Rey will be there too. We can play better there with all the deserted highways . Your stay will be on me. Just bring yourself and your family. Damn , take note , I said family .. NOT CLAN !!! I know how you guys are ....lmaol.

Nah.. yours will be faster than my 1180rwhp and 900rwhp 6 speeds MKIVs. I drive them like a grandpa inside city limits but in the boonies I drive them like I stole them ...lmaol.
I like the placement of the tranny coolers, although i'm curious as to if you would have to remove the front bumper everytime you change the oil.

What's the best time of the year to be in GA, weather wise?

VA starts getting humid towards the end of Spring and Fall is always the best season here IMO. I try to avoid P.I. in the summers for that exact reason...LOL.
Old 12-13-13, 08:37 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

For the two oil filters on top of the intercooler you can access them from top just by pulling that -10an line upward . And for the tranny filter , you can access it from the bottom. Though removing the front bumper is a breeze since I don't put back the plastic clips under that front bumper support and below those headlights anymore. Just the two bolts on each side , 5 bolts on top and the screws below that connect the bumper to the undercovers . I don't think, its going anywhere.

GA , for me has one of the best weather in the country... that is just for me . Am not trying to start an argument here. We don't usually have the nasty cold winter weather and snow which the north have . We usually don't have those bad hurricanes from the South nor do we usually have those bad tornados of the midwest. Before any bad weather reaches our place , it has toned downed. Spring and Fall of course are the best , its neither very hot or cold.
Old 12-13-13, 08:49 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Test fitted the 96 bumper

Old 12-13-13, 09:18 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Seriously, if soarer213 decides to come over , plan on coming over to our place in the South. Rey will be there too. We can play better there with all the deserted highways . Your stay will be on me. Just bring yourself and your family. Damn , take note , I said family and NOT CLAN !!! ....lmaol.
Nice! Are we talking about 5-star resort with all amenities I can think of? Then I will bring my whole family! You mess with one chicken you get the whole Adobo

And yes that bumper with removable grill is better. I never knew its doable. You need to start painting your cars, I see different colors now.
Old 12-13-13, 09:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Nice! Are we talking about 5-star resort with all amenities I can think of? Then I will bring my whole family! You mess with one chicken you get the whole Adobo

And yes that bumper with removable grill is better. I never knew its doable. You need to start painting your cars, I see different colors now.
I got a barn for you with tempurpedic haystack , lots of hay. That should be soft to lay on. Resort ? oh yeah .. you can share the pond with the gold fish and another pond with the ducks and cows.

Two of the SCs need painting the beige and this red mamba both of different colors. This Red Mamba IOne will be black so will become the Black Mamba. I will keep the other Red Mamba Two as is since its paint is still really good. The beige would more likely be white and get that AC / Shine kit and leave it as is 1uzfe DD.
Old 12-17-13, 06:35 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Now that I am done with replacing the interior to black of the Red Mamba 2 , I would try to do some work here and there on the engine bay with the spare time I have. Got to get it ready so when my stroker motor comes in , I could drop it into the bay right away. I am replacing the struts and condenser today.

The struts were dead and were so tight that I had to use a saw to cut the bolt stem and remove the bolt head with a vice grip.

The condenser was damaged i guess when the engine was being taken out ( Aaron, you by chance know who did it , lol ? ) so I am replacing it with one seen in the background. This engine bay will be more of black and red theme. Not a lot of bling bling on this car just like Red Mamba 1. I will spend the money meant for bling bling into the drivetrain so I can squeeze more power .

ooops.. Rey , I know I promised you a condenser since yours was also damaged during engine removal. Don't worry , got another one for you . You might think I am using what I promised you... hehe . Shoot , worse case scenario , I will still have two of them if I part out the two SC whose shell I am selling. Looks like that is what's gonna happen if nobody bites on it in the next two or three days. Some local members are already asking me for parts.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-17-13 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-17-13, 07:05 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

We are both Harbor Freight tool fanatics lol

Looking great! I am so glad that I didn't damage my AC condenser for the first time taking out the engine and putting it back, the engine leveler helped a whole lot..... or im just great haha
Old 12-17-13, 07:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

We are both Harbor Freight tool fanatics lol

Looking great! I am so glad that I didn't damage my AC condenser for the first time taking out the engine and putting it back, the engine leveler helped a whole lot..... or im just great haha
hehe .. you can't beat their prices for tools needed by DIY dudes like us.

I think painting all those chrome window trims black as you said would look great ! So it will all be just black and red .. no bling bling .
Old 12-17-13, 07:53 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

I think painting all those chrome window trims black as you said would look great ! So it will all be just black and red .. no bling bling .
Car won't look great if no AC kit and 97 wing
Old 12-17-13, 08:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Car won't look great if no AC kit and 97 wing
Red Mamba 1 and 2 ... NO BODY KITS .. PERIOD ! Looks are the least of my concern on those cars. They are suppose to be sleepers !!!! Exactly why I wanted SCs, otherwise I will just stay with the MKIVs if I wanted looks and attention and of course speed. MKIVs surely get a lot of attentions everywhere even if you had an NA .

I like the fact that people get surprised when they see you on the road driving like you stole the car and can't catch up with you and wonder what is in the car . Had experienced that already with Red Mamba 1 ... a corvette and mustang playing and when I passed them , they had to follow me in a street mall just to satisfy their curiosity what the hell I had in the raggedy looking Red Mamba 1.

Well, I told you if I am keeping the beige SC400 , then I can make that car look good with body kit like ACouture / Shine, get it painted but would stay 1uzfe and be my DD to replace my Benz which I can sell then.
Old 12-17-13, 08:26 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Why sell Benz? Donate that car to me, you don't need it. You have plenty of vehicles will get you around. I just want your SC to look like the one pic I showed you.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys