Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-13, 08:29 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jwin
which mkiv fan shroud is that? I need one for my supra radiator but i don't want the aux fan opening on the fan shroud.
I think its an SC shroud... looks exactly like mine and I made it fit with aluminum radiator
Old 12-21-13, 04:29 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by JesLet
I think its an SC shroud... looks exactly like mine and I made it fit with aluminum radiator
Originally Posted by jwin
which mkiv fan shroud is that? I need one for my supra radiator but i don't want the aux fan opening on the fan shroud.
It was in an NA MKIV I bought 4 years ago . As Dennis said , SC300 and NA MKIV should be almost same, having exactly the same engine.
Old 12-23-13, 09:36 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I figured , I would give the stock 1uzfe (beige SC) a good sounding exhaust note so I took out the aftermarket exhaust from the black car whose interior I used for the Red Mamba II and install as is from the cat back. I will paint it first black to prevent any rusting.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-23-13 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-23-13, 09:49 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Don't forget some chome polish
Old 12-23-13, 09:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Don't forget some chome polish
Well, I used to be like you... bling bling addict with that Red Mamba I .. lmaol. Now, I don't even want to spend on any bling bling for Red Mamba II much more on the beige 1uzfe. RM2 will all be plain as it can be on the engine bay. But internals of the drivetrain will be were the $$$ will be.
Old 12-26-13, 09:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

RS-R lowering springs from Japan and Tokico Shocks lowered the car 1.7" at the rears and 1.5" infront. It should be lowered more once the engine is back in the bay. With just a fender roll 18x11 wheels with 315x30x18 tires fit perfectly . I don't think I need any coilovers for the Red Mamba 2 .

Old 12-26-13, 09:22 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Just a perfect stance for a sleeper
Old 12-27-13, 07:01 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Just a perfect stance for a sleeper
I like it .. without dropping more dough for coilovers ..

Someone on Supraforums sold a brand new never used 6 speed differential for $1800 shipped so decided to grab it. These costs almost $2600 shipped from Toyota. I would switch the internals of my other 6 speed diff which has a TRD ... then sell my older one with a new torsen LSD from this diff and probably get my money back.

This 6 speed diff has a TRD so I will swap its internals with the new 6 speed diff/pumpkin . Together with the 6 speed axles , I will install them on the Red Mamba 2 before the New Year.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-27-13 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-30-13, 05:41 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Sometime back I posted this picture on this page

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-mkivs-11.html

to have an idea of the different driveshafts for mkiv / sc.

At that time I didn't have a 6 speed swap driveshaft for an SC ( v160 tranny with a 6 speed diff) so am posting this here which I just took so you see the difference.

On top is the Lexus SC driveshaft for a v160 tranny with a 6 speed diff which I will use on the Red Mamba 2. It is around 5 3/4" longer than the MKIV driveshaft.

next picture shows the Lexus SC 6 speed tranny / diff driveshaft on top , then the MKIV 6 speed driveshaft and below them so you have a comparison is the SC400 driveshaft

Old 12-30-13, 08:34 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I honestly believe you could build whole car with just the parts you have laying around the house!! Youre a SC300/Supra Dooms day prepper..LOL
Old 01-02-14, 02:01 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
I honestly believe you could build whole car with just the parts you have laying around the house!! Youre a SC300/Supra Dooms day prepper..LOL
I won't lie, at times, the thought of just dropping the stock 6 speed 2jzgte swap I have and just use what I already have crosses my mind and be done with this Red Mamba 2.

But I am seriously considering selling one of my MKIV which was built by Majestic Motorsports and making 900rwhp, I figured this last SC build of mine should be at least at par if not stronger than my other MKIV built by Boostlogic that's why I am taking time collecting all the good parts for the drivetrain of this RM2.

Decided to use this Titan Super Dampener for the RM2 build .

I picked this up from Aaron's place today .. an LSD diff . He already has one on his SC so he doesn't need this.

I also got the harness he was working on (ball of wire behind the diff) and see if I can do something about it (Aaron, what the hell you did with those harness ) . If I have time, though I know there are already a couple of thread about it, I will do a step by step DIY 2jzgte engine harness for our SC to help some people who want to do their own harness.

It is not rocket science. But ORDERLINESS and cleanliness is a must or you will end up with a mess of wire , be confused and give up. As long as you can solder good , you can read diagrams , you can use a multi-tester (ohmeter) and you have the basic tools like wire cutter , shrink wraps , electrical tape, etc ... I don't see any reason why you cannot do it if you wanted to do it.

Major engine wiring (80 pin connector) is already done on the Aristo harness. You just have to lengthen those wires around 16"-22" (the latter number being long already) since Japanese cars are right hand driven. Then you just have to work on the 40 pin connector and body plugs from the original SC harness since you will have to remove big gray Aristo plug. All those pin configurations are found on the SC wiring diagram (TSRM) and 2jzgte wiring diagrams (search Wilbo666 2jzgte ) which is available free online. Then add extra wires / connectors for whatever components you will use (sensors / gauges ) so you don't have wires running all over the engine bay.

Then , once you are done and I can't stress it enough , just go over your wiring harness again and if possible check continuity on each connector again to save you the headache later on.

Last edited by gerrb; 01-02-14 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-02-14, 06:08 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ what a STEAL on that TT LSD !!! i wish i have that same luck...smh im sooo broke right now and still savin for my parts.

I think its a good idea if you do a DIY harness thread. just sayin...
Old 01-02-14, 06:19 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
^^ what a STEAL on that TT LSD !!! i wish i have that same luck...smh im sooo broke right now and still savin for my parts.

I think its a good idea if you do a DIY harness thread. just sayin...
Just take your time . The right time will come when all the parts you need will be completed. Then I can help you out drop your engine into your engine bay and get your car started.

I will probably sell that LSD of Aaron that I just picked up from him today to help fund some parts of his project . They go quick on SF since they are used on GS400 / SC430 pumpkins by those who wants 3.26 gear ratio and LSD.

Last edited by gerrb; 01-02-14 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-03-14, 12:58 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Default Non VVTi 2jzgte Lexus SC Engine Harness - Post # 1

When I did my 2jzgte harness for my SC400 ( Red Mamba 1 ) almost two years ago , I wanted to document every step but saw a lot of threads already discussing it. So I decided against it. In-spite of those threads , I still got a lot of PMs from members here asking me questions about it. In fact , two of my friends here started working on their harnesses but eventually got scared and gave up , I ended up working on their harnesses . You guys know who you are and owe me big time . You know I love drinking Margarita ... hint hint hint ... lmaol . With the insistence of some friends and our moderator Mark (1jzpwrd) I have decided to do this write up titled " 2jzgte Wiring Harness Made Easy ". T

This 2jzgte harness build is my own way of doing it. It may not be the best way to do it but I was successful on my first try in doing one for my Red Mamba 1 with a built auto transmission and all the other harnesses I have worked on for my friends. As a DISCLAIMER , I am not taking any responsibility for anyone using this as a reference. Though I have proof read what I wrote , there may still be typographical errors on this write-up. I suggest you learn the process of how I did it , how I counter checked the pin numbers and where wires go or should go by analyzing the wiring diagrams thus you probably will be able to spot errors if ever there are on this write up. Doing is a lot easier than writing what you have done and I for one am not a writer .

If you guys decide to work on your own 2jzgte harness , I do hope you are successful and thereby help you save lots of money. We all know it is not cheap to get a harness done. You are looking at the vicinity of $750 - $1200 depending if it is manual , auto or there are added plugs and wiring plus the cost to replace your broken plugs.

With this harness build thread , we have two Non VVTi Aristo 2jzgte engine harnesses that came with the Aristo 2jzgte swaps that we normally buy from the JDM dealers. These usually have the auto transmissions. I also have two 1992 SC300 engine harnesses with auto transmissions. Out of these harnesses , we should be able to make a harness for a 1992 SC300 2jzgte with manual transmission and another one for a 1992 SC300 2jzgte with auto transmission. I won't be able to make one for the SC400 since I am done with my 2jzgte SC400 while my two 6 speed MKIVs were built by BoostLogic and Majestic Motor Sports. But I will include the pertinent informations and diagrams for the SC400 and MKIV NA so if you have one of these cars , you can still follow the harness build thread and make a harness for it.

The harness build will have the following parts

Part I Cleaning Up the Aristo 2jzgte Harness
Part II Extracting the 40 pin ECU and Body Plugs from the SC300 engine harness
Part III Merging the Aristo 2jzgte harness with the 40 pin ECU and Body Plugs
Part IV Others
Part V Connectors Part Numbers
Part VI Questions & Answers

Part I : Cleaning up the Aristo 2jzgte Harness

Let me give you pictures of different harnesses so you have an idea on how they look like. The Aristo (2jzgte) on top , then SC300 (2jzge) , then Supra MKIV (2jzge) .

Observe them , they have something in common , the 80 pin connector which I enclosed with an orange rectangle . The rest of the plugs vary depending on the particular car .

Can you now tell why the Aristo 2jzgte harness needs extending ? Japanese cars are right hand driven so their harnesses goes through the left side of the firewall. To use such harnesses on our USDM cars , you need to extend them. How much extending you might ask . It all depends on your harness ? Not all SC300 harnesses have exactly the same length . They need to be extended by around 16" to 22" . I usually go for around 18". I even got away with extending one only by 12" .

Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-wh1.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-wh2.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-wh3.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-wh4.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-wh5.jpg  

Last edited by gerrb; 08-10-17 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-03-14, 01:07 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Jerry, do you mind you if I make this a separate thread. Many people want find this since this is like over 765,834,234,8543,958,123,563 pages long, with over 900,876,980,908,435,768 post count year to date. LOL

Just a thought buddy. LMK.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys