Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-14, 10:10 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

If anyone had experienced the same problem before , let me know solution please before I tear apart that key cylinder and install the other I have from my parts SC. I hate to do that if it is not necessary.

I wanted to work on my engine bay but had to move the car from where it is right now. I want to delete basically everything on the engine bay except the necessities.

This is the kind of engine bay I want for the Red Mamba 2 but no bling bling... just plain black powder coating of parts.

This is KDW's supra that was stolen from Denmark and brought to the UK... clean looking engine bay. I have same size 88mm turbo , exhaust manifold design with dual wastegate and this one is also a 3.4 liter stroker motor . I will go with the same hard nitrous lines I have though on the Red Mamba 1 . It will be cheaper for me doing the hard lines than buying all those SS braided lines and besides hard nitrous lines looks better in my opinion.

This engine bay looks plain and simple but has all the guts to play around with 1300rwhp before it was stolen in 2012.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-06-14 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-06-14, 11:19 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MAN that is clean bay!!! But seriously, try with a hammer and give the cylinder a few taps. It might loosen up what ever got stuck in there?? Hope you get the right answer though!
Old 02-06-14, 11:36 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
MAN that is clean bay!!! But seriously, try with a hammer and give the cylinder a few taps. It might loosen up what ever got stuck in there?? Hope you get the right answer though!
I did try that and even sprayed WD . Both had been suggested in some thread here on clublexus and by googling it , through some other forums to no avail
Old 02-06-14, 11:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Inspected one of my parts car and it seems to be a mechanical problem inside that key cylinder. Even without battery , you can lock and unlock steering wheel and turn the key. So any electrical stuff there has nothing to do with turning that key. Those electrical stuff are for something else .....

here is a picture of that key cylinder on one of the parts car which I am about to take out by pushing that button on top

Last edited by gerrb; 02-06-14 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-06-14, 12:09 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

So I decided to take out and swap the key cylinders..

took out screw under

take out that transparent cover with coil

push that button on top of the cylinder

and there you go you can now slide it out

Old 02-06-14, 02:34 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you got it fix Mang Gerry! It happens when you have a ton of SC keys on your key chain.
Old 02-06-14, 02:41 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
I hope you got it fix Mang Gerry! It sucks when you have a ton of SC keys on your key chain.
lmaol

I guess I must confess since a lot of you guys my buddies here already know.

There was nothing wrong on the key cylinder. In fact I had to reinstall them back to their respective cars. I was an idiot. I swear I knew that was the right key. I had them marked with a colored pen. I had 5 Lexus SC keys on that bunch . But I am color blind and was using a totally different key so it will never turn...what an idiot I was is all I can say.
Old 02-06-14, 02:59 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

youre not an idiot Mr Gerrb.. Just overwhelmed and over worked editing and building those harnesses. Ill donate a bottle of Patron or Black label for all hard work and help youve done for us here on CL. I only wish i have your bank account so i can finish my project lol.
Old 02-07-14, 05:46 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
youre not an idiot Mr Gerrb.. Just overwhelmed and over worked editing and building those harnesses. Ill donate a bottle of Patron or Black label for all hard work and help youve done for us here on CL. I only wish i have your bank account so i can finish my project lol.
haha...my mind wasn't working right yesterday I guess
Old 02-07-14, 05:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Weather is getting better and time to do some work on the Red Mamba 2. Interior and wheel setup is basically done not unless I change my mind on the wheels setup. Install what I have here , which are 315s , on the Red Mamba 1 and get 335s / 345s on here with 15s on the rear since I want this a dyno queen car. Red Mamba 1 is only at around 650rwhp + 150 on the nitrous with so much power being robbed by the auto trasmission and besides it only has a 67mm turbo. For the drivetrain on this RM2 , a new 6 speed pumpkin with TRD LSD plus the axles , I have already installed. I want my engine bay ready before the long block is ready so the engine doesn't sit for a while. As I mentioned , I wanted a shaved engine bay. I will remove and relocate everything not necessary on the engine bay. This is how the Red Mamba bay sits right now. I have painted that shroud more than a month ago before I started the 2jzgte harnes build thread. Maybe I would paint my coil / plug cover to be shiny black too and the rest flat black or powder coated. The less I spend on the look good stuff , the better.

I will start removing parts on this bay and time for me to practice welding... all those holes be shut before any painting on the bay .So more likely , only the brake master and once clutch master cylinder is installed, will be the only one left on the bay. Well , I guess I want to keep the AC lines. But it would be seldom used so probably even that can be removed . Am contemplating on ABS , AC, PS delete but need to do a lot of reading and research. What ever I can do myself I will do so whatever I can save I can throw into the drivetrain. This will probably be the last toy I will build for myself so I will try to give it the best I can on the drivetrain. No more bling bling though... all go fast stuff...a dyno queen. Hell I already have that 88mm turbo and exhaust manifold just like pictured on KDW's car above so I might as well use them with the SP Quick Spool Valve which had been sitting on the shelf for the past 5 years . And with some nitrous shots , I should be able to spool that big a?s turbo quicker. But I need the PROs to build my 3.4 liter stroker block with Ferrea Valvetrain on the head once I have all the parts..... not something I can mess around with.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-07-14 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-07-14, 06:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I will paint this coil / plug cover jet black later when it is warmer... same color as the fan shroud.

Old 02-07-14, 07:43 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if the internals of the cylinder are bad and you have a spare on you can get it recode to the original key .

that's what i would do.

But are you sure you are using the right key? since you have a couple SCs maybe you are using the wrong key?
Old 02-07-14, 07:55 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 99SC42
if the internals of the cylinder are bad and you have a spare on you can get it recode to the original key .

that's what i would do.

But are you sure you are using the right key? since you have a couple SCs maybe you are using the wrong key?
Yes sir , that was exactly the problem . I was an idiot yesterday. I kept on using the wrong key which I thought was the right one. Once I have installed the cylinder from the parts car , I started playing around with the presumably bad cylinder trying all my other keys and booommm... one key worked that's the reason I knew I was an idiot .
Old 02-07-14, 07:59 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hahaha I had a feeling it was the wrong key, I have never seen that issue before.. this not a chrysler lol only those things need a new cylinder every 100k miles.

GL
Old 02-07-14, 11:09 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Got the coil cover painted ...

Having second thoughts if it will be nice to paint that Velocity Stack for the compressor housing of my big ?ss turbo black. I wonder how much it will cost to get it copper plated together with my valve covers just to have an accent on the bay since everything I will paint either flat or jet black. IF it is pricey then forget it ....I will spend that money for a go fast part.

Coil cover paint near enough to my fan shroud .

Last edited by gerrb; 02-07-14 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys