Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

started taking out the ABS connections

Old 02-07-14, 01:39 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

abs and brake lines going... going...

gone..... I would install a hard line though across that firewall going to the passenger brake caliper. I would re-use / re-bend some of these lines so I can get my brake lines situated without any ABS. Now what I will do is, since I have a parts car. I will keep the lines and abs setup from that car so if in the future , I want to return my ABS setup, I can always do it if I have the parts.

Tomorrow I will take out all wiring on that engine bay !

Last edited by gerrb; 02-07-14 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-07-14, 01:46 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the brake system and ABS delete.. I have a Wilwood proportioning valve and a Wilwood brake master cylinder that doesn't require the brake booster with bracket. If your interested... I was going to do the same and clean up the bay and delete ABS but still wanted a good brake system with it. After doing a lot of reading I bought these parts to replace the ABS and brake booster but still have a great braking system..

If you scroll through the 1995 SC300 link in my sig you will see it towards the bottom of all the pics..

Last edited by 8052JZ; 02-07-14 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-07-14, 01:53 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
For the brake system and ABS delete.. I have a Wilwood proportioning valve and a Wilwood brake master cylinder that doesn't require the brake booster with bracket. If your interested... I was going to do the same and clean up the bay and delete ABS but still wanted a good brake system with it. After doing a lot of reading I bought these parts to replace the ABS and brake booster but still have a great braking system..
I thought the MKIV / SC brake booster has the proportioning valve built in ? Well if I am not happy the way it works , I will just re-install the stock ABS setup that is why I am keeping all the lines and setup from the parts car. I have read basically all abs delete thread on SF and most never had problems and without any external proportioning valve.

For a daily driven car , rain or shine / winter or summer , ABS system will always be a plus that's why it is highly recommended.. allowing you to steer your wheel on sudden brakes or unexpected moments... you still got control.

For this car since it will be my dyno and garage queen , it won't go out on the streets if it is not a perfect sunny , dry and warm day . So the ABS won't be necessary. I always wondered why Formula 1 cars do not have ABS. They are not allowed to have them.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-08-14 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-07-14, 01:55 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Yes that is correct but just saying if you want to also get rid of that big *** brake booster for an ever more cleaner look
Old 02-07-14, 02:13 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Yes that is correct but just saying if you want to also get rid of that big *** brake booster for an ever more cleaner look
Oh I got you... hmmmm , you are making me spend now Richard .. lol. You are a bad influence, lmaol.

That is a nice piece... will allow you to take out that big a?s brake master cylinder.... cleaner look. Why didn't you go for ABS delete, you already had that ?

Last edited by gerrb; 02-07-14 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-08-14, 11:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Took out all the lines but kept one for the front break going to the passenger side. Usually people will spend around $200 for fittings and SS braided lines when they do an ABS delete. I tried reusing whatever I took out so I don't have to spend a dime. All you need to do is put a T for the front wheels line .. it is the line from the master cylinder nearer the firewall . The one in front just need to be directed to the line down the firewall going to the back.

The long one used to go to the driver side from the ABS unit and the short one goes to passenger from the ABS unit. Now I have inverted those.

The line coming from the front of the master cylinder goes down going to the back. I need to get the T connector from the parts car so I can connect the two front brake lines.

Damn my 10gb photobucket bandwidth allowance for the month would probably be used up by today and it is another 10 days before my account resets . My pictures on my threads will all disappear again . Hhhmmmm.... I guess , I have to subscribe to their no bandwidth limit.

And even if this car will be a dyno / garage queen , I have decided to keep the AC and PS system.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-08-14 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-09-14, 04:32 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

This is a nice read about Braking Technique and ABS from Formula-1 Technical Dictionary

http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/braking_tech.html

This I lifted from the above mentioned article , I quote

"ABS was introduced, primarily, to cover up for a lack of driver skills, and this was necessary as almost every driver, when faced with an emergency that required both urgent loss of speed and change in direction, would crash into whatever it was they were trying to avoid. This is because the instinctive reaction for nearly all of us will always be to try and press the foot through the floor whilst vainly heaving on the steering wheel with all their might to avoid impact. With ABS, however, there is no locking of wheels and therefore some directional control is still available. "
Old 02-10-14, 08:29 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
Oh I got you... hmmmm , you are making me spend now Richard .. lol. You are a bad influence, lmaol.

That is a nice piece... will allow you to take out that big a?s brake master cylinder.... cleaner look. Why didn't you go for ABS delete, you already had that ?
that project was junked unfortunately but my other car is getting all its glory now. I just didn't have time work on both so I took off all the goodies and swapped them out to my daily than it turned into a full build. My daily is a better cleaner car than that 95.

But If your interested let me know, its been sitting on the shelf for a very long time It could use a new home.
Old 02-11-14, 07:16 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

that project was junked unfortunately but my other car is getting all its glory now. I just didn't have time work on both so I took off all the goodies and swapped them out to my daily than it turned into a full build. My daily is a better cleaner car than that 95.

But If your interested let me know, its been sitting on the shelf for a very long time It could use a new home.
I will let you know Richard. I want to check first really how it drives without an ABS. Once I am fully sold to the idea of not having an ABS then I will try to make it cleaner all the more by taking out that Brake Booster on the master cylinder.
Old 02-11-14, 07:20 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

For what I want this car now, a dyno and garage queen. I think I want to go with 15" at the back with 325 x 50 x 15. So I want to sell or trade these Forgestar F14 18x11 & 18x9 wheels with Toyo R888 315x30x18 & 245x40x18 tires. Almost new with probably less than 100 miles.

I would like to trade with 4 pcs of Weld RT-S 15x10 with Mickey Thompson ET Drag Radials 325x50x15. I will use 2 each on the rear for my Red Mamba 1 & 2 . I believe brand new the Weld ProStar with MT tires can be bought between $1800-$2000 which is a fair price I believe for these Forgestars with Toyo Proxes tires. You are looking at $2400-2600 to get these new.

I need the Weld ProStar wheels to be 15x10 with 7.5 backspace and Mickey Thompson Model 3757R P325/50R15 28X13.50R15

Last edited by gerrb; 02-14-14 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-16-14, 12:50 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I was trying to align the body lines on the Red Mamba 1 . The hood lines do not line up with that on the bumper. I am trying to get it ready for painting when the warmer weather arrives. No matter what adjustments I do on the hinges of the hood , I couldn't ....just to find out that my light support was actually bent a little so I am gonna replace it to get this thing aligned.

Old 02-16-14, 01:30 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Though I was able to stretch back the original light support into its original shape, decided to replace it anyway and painted the replacement black
Old 02-16-14, 04:51 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The fun with you Gerry never seems to impress me. LOL

You are always up to something. It wont be long till I come see these SC's for myself.
Old 02-17-14, 04:49 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

haha.... we always find something to do. Man, this is what keeps me busy and sane right now, tinkering with my toys while I am still interested with them. You never know one day I loose interest and get my attention to something else. When you reach the age of 50 and retired , what do you do ? Your kids are grown up and have their own life .... I can't sit all day long watching tv , movies or playing video games. Got to keep myself busy or I will loose my sanity if I just twiddle my thumbs the whole day. I had my own share of hard work in the past. Time to enjoy what I worked hard for I guess. Every day of our life , there is always something new to learn. Most especially tinkering with anything automotive was never in my wildest dream. I guess bad experiences paves the way many times.

While all these parts are out, I might as well do some cleaning up and painting here . Since this car had been running good for the past 8 months, time to get it looking good and work on the cosmetics. I have been pushing my Boost Logic built auto transmission but I can't seem to get it to konk out so I can install my ATF built auto transmission. Looks to me those 3 transmission coolers and filter are doing their job pretty well for the built transmission.

My extra wiring (which I always mentioned on the 2jzgte Wire Harness Build Thread) have been useful here. Got a temp sensor here for my auto transmission oil temperature gauge.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-17-14 at 05:50 AM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys