Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-14 | 06:18 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Your so lucky. Another great buy/find. You sir are the SC guru of Atlanta.
hehehe.. just following your example.. remember the beige SC400 given to you ? I always believed in the saying "You be nice to people and it will come back to you.. you be an as?hole , and it will bite you back " . I have always been nice to the owner of this SC. When he did'nt have the money, he needed parts like fuel pump ecu, relays, fuses.. I told him to come over and I will give them to him for free.

Now that he is tired of the damn SC.. he simply said, man, do what ever you want with it. But you know.. I will probably give it back to him .. it's a running car. I didn't do anything . All I did was make sure everything was well connected. He doesn't know it yet that it is now a damn good running car. We will see .
Old 03-04-14 | 06:26 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I know the feeling. I have tried to do this to everyone but sometimes go astray. I still feel really bad on what has happened in the past. All I am going to say. There isn't a day that doesn't go by and I do not think of it. You have been nothing but a great friend and not ashamed to mention or say this on a public website. Thanks for the valid input on all my build during the progress. My car has been running better since I cleaned the intake manifold and throttle body. The surge is still there while very light on the gas. I just lug it around for the time being. Lol
Old 03-04-14 | 06:34 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I know the feeling. I have tried to do this to everyone but sometimes go astray. I still feel really bad on what has happened in the past. All I am going to say. There isn't a day that doesn't go by and I do not think of it. You have been nothing but a great friend and not ashamed to mention or say this on a public website. Thanks for the valid input on all my build during the progress. My car has been running better since I cleaned the intake manifold and throttle body. The surge is still there while very light on the gas. I just lug it around for the time being. Lol
Things do not always go the way we want Mark. As long as deep inside you , you had the best of all intentions that is all what matters. The truth always comes out .... a matter of time !

hehehe, I just test drove the car this morning on the freeway and am glad it has dark tint. I am freaking ashame with that ridiculuous wing... damn car looks like it's taking off but it is as slow as hell... damn when you get accustomed with fast cars, these stock NAs.. will make you shake your head

ridiculuous wing... Melvin , if you happen to read this though I doubt since he seldom go to the forums, what the hell made you install this wing ? And I have no problem giving back the car man.. it is a running car and I really didn't do anything but put a new battery and made sure all wires and vacuum hoses are well connected / fastened.
Old 03-04-14 | 01:17 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Anyone here from FL who knows a mechanic who works for a fork lift company but build race engines on the side when he was in Jamaica ? If you do can you PM me how I can reach this guy please. I am trying to do my homework about a 2jzgte swap he did on an SC for which I was told , he replaced the head gasket and installed ARP head studs before dropping the stock 2jzgte into the car. Just want to ask some questions before I close on the deal on that car which is being sold for an unbelievable price. Though I will do my own compression and leakdown tests, I want to verify stuff that the seller is saying about the car.
Old 03-04-14 | 02:04 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by gerrb
Anyone here from FL who knows a mechanic who works for a fork lift company but build race engines on the side when he was in Jamaica ? If you do can you PM me how I can reach this guy please. I am trying to do my homework about a 2jzgte swap he did on an SC for which I was told , he replaced the head gasket and installed ARP head studs before dropping the stock 2jzgte into the car. Just want to ask some questions before I close on the deal on that car which is being sold for an unbelievable price. Though I will do my own compression and leakdown tests, I want to verify stuff that the seller is saying about the car.

You could probably send lexforlife (Ed) PM.. he might know... he knows many tuners here in South FL
Old 03-04-14 | 02:33 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Mang Gerrb, its awesome that you got Melvins SC running.. Hopefully she stays that way for a long time.
Old 03-05-14 | 06:20 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tmf2004
You could probably send lexforlife (Ed) PM.. he might know... he knows many tuners here in South FL
Thank you ... will do .

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Mang Gerrb, its awesome that you got Melvins SC running.. Hopefully she stays that way for a long time.
Well, i did send him a text message last night that he can have his car back since it is running and I didn't really do much to get it running. I have the feeling it was just the grounds that where not properly bolted down and his battery wouldn't hold charge anymore. He said he got himself a pickup truck and would think about it if he still wants it. He is tired of it and might burn it to the ground if he takes it back and leave him stranded again . Last time the car got him stranded after Christmas was he was in SC and had to get the car towed back to GA . He said all he wanted out of the car was the stereo system. I understand his frustrations about this white car but I don't see any other problem. It has been running good . Test drove it for around 100 miles yesterday without any hickup. Interior is good .. AC / Heater works fine. Well, one thing good, I was able to test the SC300 ECU I borrowed from you. It works good too.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-05-14 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-17-14 | 05:22 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Today I took a gamble. I bought some stuff for a very reasonable price from someone who decided to get out of the Supra game and sell an engine which he bought from Johnny K from North Carolina. I heard that guy had 2 +1000rhwp MKIVs before he gave up on them and went into Porsche. Anybody here knows him ? I have a couple of questions on the engine like camshafts degrees, Intake Manifold , etc.. The guy from whom I bought it from said, he had been told by Johnny K that it was built by Titan Motorsports. I want to verify some stuff so I know what to do. I don't mind tearing this thing apart just to make sure but I won't if I don't have to. All I did was take out the upper/lower oil pan , valve covers and camshafts to inspect the parts. I did manage to converse with two SF members yesterday and did tell me that they don't personally know Johnny K but have seen him and his bad a?s MKIVs many times and they know that the dude never skimped on parts or builds. So if anyone here knows him I would appreciate it if you can hook me up with him.

Here is supposed to be the build list

* Stage V Port and polish to cylinder head.

All valve guides are replaced with new Ferrea bronze guides & honed to spec.
BC 1 mm oversized valves installed and cut to match each seat.
New BC springs, BC titanium retainers & Toyota locks.
Crower Camshafts

* 2JZGTE Custom Built Short Block ..built to handle 1200 hp

Balanced, Ground & Micro polished crankshaft (.010)
Crower Custom 4340 forged rods with 90827 rod bolts
CP Pistons
Bored cylinders on Rottler Block CNC machining center
Finished honed on Sunnen CV 616 Cylinder Hone With our Torque Plate
Align honed main housing bore w/ARP main studs on Sunnen Line Hone
Deck surface cut with CBN machine to insure perfect gasket sealing
ACL Race rod & main bearings
Brass Freeze plugs
Removed factory oil galley *****, machined block for removable screw in plugs to insure cleanliness through out the oil passages!

Well , I always thought that my third SC will be a stock 1UZFE all the way.. apparently it wont be now. Maybe this time I can indeed have a real twin aftermarket turbo which I always wanted to have. And when I was about to leave the guy's place, he asked me if I wanted MKIV NA wheels for a cheap price and so I took them . They will probably just be sold not unless I use them as winter wheels/tires.

The engine long block had a front sump just to cover the bottom.

It had HKS cam gears but am not a fan of them so they will be for sale

It came with a stock GTE intake and I believe PNT Performance Intake Manifold with nitrous nozzle bungs on every port at the bottom of each runner , fuel rail and 1000 precision injectors. Observe the aftermarket intake manifold , it is a monster compared to the stock gte intake... damn, I need to read and check more feedbacks about this intake. I wonder if there is no clearance problem on the driver side suspension . It seems to be so huge with a 100mm throttle body. The guy I bought it from was told that the manifold was not a knockoff Veilside so I would like to verify , that is if I can get hold of Johnny K or at least through my research.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-22-14 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-17-14 | 05:37 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Nice pick up Gerry. I swear I thought you purchased that SC w/ GTE motor in it. Motor looks clean by the way. I have less than 2 weeks before I get another letter from HOA lol. To make it quick, Ill get my valve cover and my FFIM done and should be ready to drop. GE NA-t TT ECU conversion can be than later on just to get this HOA Crew off my back.

Last edited by PoGikoSc4; 03-17-14 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-17-14 | 07:28 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Nice pick up Gerry. I swear I thought you purchased that SC w/ GTE motor in it. Motor looks clean by the way. I have less than 2 weeks before I get another letter from HOA lol. To make it quick, Ill get my valve cover and my FFIM done and should be ready to drop. GTE conversion can be than later on just to get this HOA Crew off my back.
Nah... am not anymore interested with that car..just the complete GTE swap already with SC/GTE harness, ecu and tranny. That is if we agree on a price. At this point the owner is in TN and car is in a storage here in GA. He is yet to come over this weekend and see how that goes. For now am happy for the engine I got today for a bargain.

I don't need any other SC body at this point man . I just haven't told you or posted but last Saturday a friend called me and told me that his friend wanted to sell his non running SC300 for a good price but it should be picked up on that day. He sent me pictures. It was clean, so I decided to pick it up... Man oooohhh man.. it was in the hood. My stepson and I thought we would not get out of that place alive.

Here it is ..these red SCs love me .. but probably will let another friend in need have it. Josh ( Chnk knows him) was in an accident on his 1jz SC and I75 south bound was shut down, all lanes for a while because of that accident. I will let him have it. I still have the white and beige anyway.

When we picked it up last Saturday

[IMG]http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af227/gerrb/2ndSC4002jzgteProject/20140315_143915_zpse1a34
da6.jpg[/IMG]

In my place with the RM1 * RM2

Here is Josh's 1JZ in an accident the other night . Drivetrain is alright. To help him out, I will let him have that SC300 for the same price I got it. I always had high regards & respect for people who served our country. He just got out of the service. I just told him I would keep the short block . You know I am hoarding those 2jz bottom ends. The tranny and other parts he can sell to recoup some of his costs since he only needs a good body anyway.

The bad thing is , it was not even his fault. It was a hit and run. Someone hit him in the rear , then spun around and hit the rail . The other car kept going. By the look at the way he was hit from behind, the other car should have sustained heavy damage too and could have not gone far not unless he lives within that area.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-17-14 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-17-14 | 07:36 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

double post ...
Old 03-17-14 | 08:22 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

^ Clean body for sure, even better w/ GE in the bay. I hope Josh is ok and in good health. His SC is F@cked. Karma will catch whoever hit him and ran off. Thanks Gerry for doin that for Josh man.. You are a good dude in my book for sure.
Old 03-18-14 | 04:43 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

^ Clean body for sure, even better w/ GE in the bay. I hope Josh is ok and in good health. His SC is F@cked. Karma will catch whoever hit him and ran off. Thanks Gerry for doin that for Josh man.. You are a good dude in my book for sure.
It is a very clean body. Georgia car all it's life... from day 1. Well, being at least nice is the least we can do to people who served the country... place themselves in harms way to protect us and our freedom. I always had a soft spot in my heart for good men from the service. Not all of them are good though. There are also as?holes or those you can't trust. I have had at least 7 MKIVs in the past 5 years... 4 of them I bought or sold to people in the service. Probably coincidence... but a lot of them love the MKIVs. Being in the service I guess, it is easy to get a loan even for an old car.

He is alright , he was in my place Saturday night, day after the accident and had a sling on his left arm. I just saw him last Wednesday admiring that 1JZ SC he had. He is a very nice and humble guy.

Just snapped this picture , big difference on the stock GTE throttle body opening and the 100mm PNT Intake Manifold throttle body. Read a lot about it on SF last night and many had good words about it. Can support +1krwhp. Well , people made +1Krhwp on the stock gte intake so I don't see any reason this intake won't. Headgames who is famous for head porting even did a flow test on these PNT made intakes. At this point I don't care if it is not real Veilside anymore since I read good reviews about it on SF... thinking of using it for my dyno queen project.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-18-14 at 05:52 AM.
Old 03-18-14 | 04:43 AM
picodroid
Rookie

Whoa! Hope this Josh guy is alright, and I also hope they catch the guy who hit him! They could have killed someone, or multiple people.

As for this thread gerrb... I'm in awe of your collection. Between those nice looking Supras and the handful of SCs you've got, you must be quite happy. And all the work you've done... couldn't imagine how you find the time (and money!).

Will be following along to see how the new build goes! Or should I say builds go? lol
Old 03-18-14 | 05:10 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

wow Gerry. how much did you get that block for? PM me if you like. I would love to slap that on to go 1.5.

I'm glad your friend Josh is okay.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys