Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-14, 06:49 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice work on the intake manifold.....Now you can get back to working on your car.....I side tracked you a bit with the harness...
Old 05-12-14, 09:18 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Nice work on the intake manifold.....Now you can get back to working on your car.....I side tracked you a bit with the harness...
No problem Ryan ! Glad I was of help in getting your car to start !

Well, today , forced myself to do some work on the RM2... decided to paint my extra fuel tank which I will use since it was bare metal and paint will help avoid any corrosion / rusts for which some surface rust had started to build

Aaron came over to my place and decided that he didn't want the 4" downpipe and midpipe so we did swap with my 3" downpipe / midpipe which came from Jay's car through Mark. So I wil get an extension for that midpipe so I can get it v-banded on the dual exhaust also from Jay.

Old 05-13-14, 09:20 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Red Mamba 2 currently has the Supra NA 9" wheels on the rear with 245x50x16. Traction is always the problem on cars with good HP when you don't have the right tires setup.

In a little bit I will head to the tire shop and get the Mickey Thompson Street ET II 295x50x16 installed and see how RM2 would look like.... got to have traction to put that power down !!!

Old 05-13-14, 01:21 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Got the tires mounted

Old 05-13-14, 01:22 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Car looks mean with these tires . Am tempted to paint those Supra NA wheels flat black ... what do you guys think ?

Last edited by gerrb; 05-13-14 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-13-14, 01:59 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Looks good........Paint them flat black or you could plasti dip them...

Did you paint the lower rocker panels black......I contemplated on painting mine with undercoating
Old 05-13-14, 02:10 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Looks good........Paint them flat black or you could plasti dip them...

Did you paint the lower rocker panels black......I contemplated on painting mine with undercoating
No .. RM2 came that way when I got it .. lower rocker panels painted already. If I paint the wheels same black color , then I will paint the lower part of the back bumper also black so there is continuation. The stock front lip is already black.

Well, I can experiment on the looks later . It is the least of my concern. I don't want my SCs to be flashy. I want them to be sleepers. You want attention, I just go around with the MKIV with the top down
Old 05-13-14, 02:22 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Yea i wanted to paint my rocker panels and the lower piece of rear bumper black to match my lip....
Old 05-13-14, 02:27 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Yea i wanted to paint my rocker panels and the lower piece of rear bumper black to match my lip....
It should look good. I actually like that black lower rocker panel and black front bumper lip. And as you said, the lower part of the rear bumper from the side extension . So you have a wrap around lower black ...

So how is your car running ? Everything good now ?
Old 05-13-14, 02:41 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gerrb
It should look good. I actually like that black lower rocker panel and black front bumper lip. And as you said, the lower part of the rear bumper from the side extension . So you have a wrap around lower black ...

So how is your car running ? Everything good now ?
Yep everything is good so far....my 4" piece of aluminum pipe should be here tomorrow so I can make and intake out of it....and just finishing up the door panels....

I still have no idea what to do about speedometer or odometer.....I am going to buy the VSS Marlin Crawler Speed Sensor and see if it works then...
Old 05-14-14, 03:56 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Yep everything is good so far....my 4" piece of aluminum pipe should be here tomorrow so I can make and intake out of it....and just finishing up the door panels....

I still have no idea what to do about speedometer or odometer.....I am going to buy the VSS Marlin Crawler Speed Sensor and see if it works then...
Did you say that rpm and odometer do not work ?

Front of the car should go down another 4 inches once the built engine is in . Anyone needs Toyo R888 315 tires you see in the picture ? I can barter and I need 2 Nitto NT555r or MT ET II DR size 305/45R18 . The R888 has less than 100 miles.

I will take out the stock sc300 catback / mufflers today and install the dual 3" catback I got from Jay and get the V-band so it can be mated to the 4" midpipe .

Old 05-14-14, 07:00 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gerrb
Did you say that rpm and odometer do not work ?
NO my speedometer and odometer are not working.....I have the wiring correct per wiring diagrams....My speedometer stays at 0 and my odometer has not increased in mileage...

I did jump the R109 Resistor on the cluster all my other gauges work minus those 2
Old 05-19-14, 03:37 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

After helping Aaron dropped his engine on his engine bay today , I finally installed my dual 3" exhaust. At the end where the dual meet is a 4" v-band that will mate with the 4" downpipe / midpipe

Old 05-19-14, 09:03 PM
Abelo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like how you threw radials on the stock supra rims. I have tt supra wheels the 17 inch ones and wanted to do the same thing as I have a nice set of potenzas on my street rims
Old 05-22-14, 04:30 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Abelo
I like how you threw radials on the stock supra rims. I have tt supra wheels the 17 inch ones and wanted to do the same thing as I have a nice set of potenzas on my street rims
thank you... 17 TT wheels are nice too. I just thought I will have more sidewalls on the 16" and a friend who sold me his built 2jzgte engine sold those wheel for a good price

Today I did take Red Mamba 1 for a spin and was surprised when I tried firing my nitrous on the top end , the nitrous system , didn't fire. I have checked the Pro-EFI data logs and my fuel pressure to the fuel solenoid was lower than my required pressure to set the nitrous going...

Currently, fuel solenoid is getting supply after the fuel rail and on the other side of the regulator. So I decided to cap that end and get my solenoid fuel supply directly from the -10an line coming from the weldon 2345a pump .

Will do some modification on my fuel supply by using a fuel log .. 2 x -10 goes on each side of the fuel rail and the 1 x -6 goes directly to the fuel solenoid.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys