Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-14, 06:26 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

I am suppose to take out my whole Intake manifold so I can mount my fuel log properly so my nitrous fuel solenoid can get the right fuel supply.

These past days , I have been scanning and admiring a lot of black SC pictures. Since I am taking intake components out for the fuel log installation , I finally decided to transform Red Mamba 1 into a Black Mamba so I will have a Black and Red Mamba SC ...lol. This car had been running good for almost a year now and over 10k miles so it is time to make it look descent cosmetically without being so flashy so it doesn't loose it's sleeper status. It will get good / wide rubber on its boots though . Those 275/35 that are in there are not enough to hold the power. Tempted to throw the R888 315/30 there since I already have them. It will get an in and out black paint. I would play around and learn how to paint. Make a heated paint booth... learning process. If I fail, all I have to loose is time which I have a lot and paint materials. And if that happens, then I will bring it to the professionals.

Today I have started the demolition of the front end.. would take out intake and exhaust components so the engine bay could be painted black and would take out / hide wirings that I can still hide to get that engine bay look cleaner.

I will continue working on Red Mamba 2 which I will keep red once painting on RM1 is all done. After all there are still thingsII need to decide on and get done on the RM2 engine.

Old 05-27-14, 10:53 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sheesh.. I don't think you ever mentioned dyno numbers?
That's a lot of add on's hiding behind the bumper..

Ps:you have pm
Old 05-27-14, 03:22 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
Sheesh.. I don't think you ever mentioned dyno numbers?
That's a lot of add on's hiding behind the bumper..

Ps:you have pm
my bad, I forgot to answer your PM... good you reminded me. .

The thing with a built auto transmission , you need a lot of coolers that is why a lot of stuff are behind that bumper. I have 3 tranny oil coolers aside from the tranny filter, one on passenger side and two behind the intercooler. That's the only way you can protect that $2800 ATF auto tranny if you want it to last longer and be within its rated power of 800rwhp. I have the air filter on that passenger side air dam too so the engine gets fresh cool air while on the road. I have an Engine oil cooler on driver side with the filter relocation on top of the intercooler. I have the PS oil cooler also on the driver side. Even the fuse box is on the passenger side which I hope I find time to relocate at the back.

The Billet PT6765 CEA , at 27psi car is making 640rwph. With Nitrous it is at 775rwhp. The auto tranny is robbing a lot of HP. But I enjoy driving an auto better now than a 6 speed specially around Atlanta. I have yet to learn a lot on the proEFI ECU so a lot of things need to be setup... we learn things everyday . I go to the dyno renting dyno time when I wanted to try something. I still don't have the right tire setup for the car. Waiting for a trade for the R888 315/30R18. I prefer to get 305/40R18 which are taller and will give me better side wall . If I get impatient, I will just throw those R888 315 on here once I finish painting..lol. Though I have no plans of pushing this car since it has all the bling bling .. I will leave it at the 600rwhp mark and hopefully becomes a reliable daily driver and retire my current daily which is my Benz. That was always the plan on this car.

Now I am getting scared on this painting thing. Well , I won't learn if I don't try so I might as well do it and see how it goes

Last edited by gerrb; 05-27-14 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-27-14, 05:17 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Will the stock 1JZ head and bottom end, hold 100 shot direct port? I was tossing the idea around.
Old 05-27-14, 05:43 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Will the stock 1JZ head and bottom end, hold 100 shot direct port? I was tossing the idea around.
Nitrous has gotten really a bad name because of people not putting in the right / security setup when using it thus damaging their engine. If done right , it is the best bang per buck power adder.

Like to add let's say 200hp , it will be cheaper to use a 200 shot of nitrous as the power adder compared to getting a bigger turbo and other parts needed to gain 200hp more. And when you don't need it anymore , easier to remove too.

One thing you have to consider is when using nitrous , make sure the internals of your engine can handle the added power and torque.

Since you are at around 520rwhp right now , I believe the 1jz internals can easily handle another 100 shots of nitrous without any problem provided that you have a healthy engine. You can use it to spool that S366 turbo or use it on the top end. You are using an AEM v2 that have nitrous control which is a plus.

To add a single fogger is a lot cheaper than doing a direct port just like I did where every runner has a nitrous port.

The secret of nitrous is a properly done setup and one with failsafe so it fires at the right moment.and only with the right conditions. Again this is assuming that you have a healthy engine cause that is a sudden surge of power / torque. It doesn't come slowly . When you hit that button, you better hold on to that steering wheel tight cause it is gonna take off like a rocket
Old 05-28-14, 06:29 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

have painted the front end supports and light brackets and bolted back stuff in that area

Now I will have to clean up all these wiring mess behind the headlights and see if I can hide them before painting the engine bay black

Will take out that fused distribution block out of that strut tower so there will be no wires in that area too

Old 05-28-14, 11:42 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

For those who PMed me asking how much room is there .... if an oil cooler is installed in between condenser and intercooler ..... You got PLENTY of room. I have a 6 since thick intercooler and still have 4 inch in between intercooler and condenser .

Here you see the 2 tranny cooler after the intercooler

Old 05-29-14, 08:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Engine bay and hood bottom part had been painted black. As one of the local forum member here , who paints cars , said .... do not cheap out on the kind of clear coat you use. You want a real shiny finish .. get a real good brand of clear coat .

Am on the process of putting everything back on the engine bay . And now I can start calling this car the Black Mamba..... and Red Mamba will stay red. After re-assembly of stuff on the engine bay , I will try to gather some courage to do the whole car. Black is one of the hardest color to paint I was told since it shows every flaw ...

Last edited by gerrb; 05-29-14 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-29-14, 08:54 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Looking good....
Old 05-29-14, 09:15 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

wow.... looking good...
Old 05-29-14, 12:56 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Gerry - Engine bay looks great.
Old 05-29-14, 01:28 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Looking good....
Originally Posted by tmf2004
wow.... looking good...
Originally Posted by soarer213
Gerry - Engine bay looks great.
Thanks guys !!! Appreciate it.

Taking my time re-installing stuff . The paint is not yet fully dry , didn't want to mess things up. But I am happy with the outcome of the Black Mamba Engine bay .

Filter Intake Pipe back in. Wires on that side were all routed nicely so they are not messy anymore. I was able to hide the Igniter infront.

Old 05-29-14, 01:53 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mang Gerry, I guess your back is feeling a lot better now hahaha, j/k. The engine bay looks way better now wit black paint. The chrome sticks out better.
Old 05-29-14, 02:23 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Mang Gerry, I guess your back is feeling a lot better now hahaha, j/k. The engine bay looks way better now wit black paint. The chrome sticks out better.

nope,my back has been really aching in the past week. Not suppose to even work on the cars and should visit the doctor and rest but I told my wife we will go tomorrow.. I am afraid they will force me to be on a bed rest so as not to aggravate my back pains.

I am glad I have decided to transform Red Mamba 1 into a Black Mamba ..damn black SCs are really hot just by looking at this engine bay. Pictures don't do justice on how a shiny black engine bay with lots of chrome looks. .

No more messy wires

Old 05-29-14, 03:52 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

What kind of paint did you use for the bay?

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys