Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-14 | 10:40 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Setup really looking nice , where did you get the throttle cable from with the correct sized barrel end to fit q45 throttle body
Old 06-14-14 | 12:03 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lexforlife
Setup really looking nice , where did you get the throttle cable from with the correct sized barrel end to fit q45 throttle body
Thank you Sir . Got it from Summit Racing while back. If I remember it right , it was a Lokar but the cable itself had to be cut to the exact length .

Got the passenger side done .. Now they have to be either polished or chromed.

They look like the BULL HORN of Toyota

Old 06-14-14 | 02:49 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Old 06-15-14 | 07:49 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

As I have said, I really want to learn how to paint so I can maintain or repaint my toys without shelling out a lot of $$$ for paint jobs. And as it is always the case , no one will take care of your car or do a better job on your car than you yourself if you have the skills.

Last night , I was viewing videos and reading stuff from this website www.learnautobodyandpaint.com . I have attached a PDF of the file I was reading that is very informative for those who wants to learn how to paint or do body work on their cars. A good write-up to start with my endeavor to transform Red Mamba 1 into a Black Mamba !

If I was able to get this freaking car running and be where it is right now , surely painting it won't probably be as complicated ..... I hope . I guess it will need a lot of practice though. It remains to be seen .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
85-page-autobody-manual.pdf (1.84 MB, 2780 views)

Last edited by gerrb; 06-15-14 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-15-14 | 06:16 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

is that is300 fan setup you running .. if so how well does it cool
Old 06-15-14 | 06:32 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

is that is300 fan setup you running .. if so how well does it cool
Yes it is ,.. I believe it is the best electric pump setup for our 2jzgte. With both of them running at low speed my temp stays below 185F . I let the ECU kick them into high speed mode once the temp goes above 190F.

They are doing a good job in keeping my engine bay cool even if I have a 6" thick intercooler , 2" thick transmission coolers behind the intercooler and then the condenser and the radiator.

I have never seen my coolant temp go 200F & above even after a 4 hour trip in summer in GA. Even my transmission oil stays at around 175F since 2 of the tranny coolers benefit from those IS300 twin electric fans.
Old 06-16-14 | 01:30 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gerrb
As I have said, I really want to learn how to paint so I can maintain or repaint my toys without shelling out a lot of $$$ for paint jobs. And as it is always the case , no one will take care of your car or do a better job on your car than you yourself if you have the skills.

Last night , I was viewing videos and reading stuff from this website www.learnautobodyandpaint.com . I have attached a PDF of the file I was reading that is very informative for those who wants to learn how to paint or do body work on their cars. A good write-up to start with my endeavor to transform Red Mamba 1 into a Black Mamba !

If I was able to get this freaking car running and be where it is right now , surely painting it won't probably be as complicated ..... I hope . I guess it will need a lot of practice though. It remains to be seen .
Cool, something to read before I paint my car.
Old 06-25-14 | 03:30 AM
Boosted400
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the PDF a lot of info. Love the write ups
Old 06-30-14 | 06:31 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Boosted400
Thanks for the PDF a lot of info. Love the write ups
You are welccome sir !

Since I was replacing my 1992 Front Bumper with a 1995, I am installing HID on the fog lamps . I will convert the cornering lights into fog lights and also install a relay for each HID low beam light. I will leave the high beam lights with halogen.

Old 06-30-14 | 08:29 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Looking good.....out of your 4 cars which one is your favorite?
Old 06-30-14 | 08:57 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Looking good.....out of your 4 cars which one is your favorite?
Out of the 4 GTE , for now it's this SC400 cause I did basically everything....even the paint eventually. The MKIVs they were built by Boost Logic and Majestic Motor Sports so I can't claim anything about them except both of them makes a total of 2100rwhp. The second SC will soon be my favorite once I get everything I want into it... right now , taking my time to do it right once but right , just like the way I want it. But it is costing me a lot of money so I have to do it slowly. My wife is always on my tail about these cars now. IF that freaking built 2jzgte long block I got from a friend which I am selling now, won't sell, it will end up on my third SC... hahaha. Losaun, a local forum member is giving me another full Aristo 2jzgte swap one of this days actually as swap for something he got from me...

She wants me sell my TRUCK toys which I don't want to if I am keeping all these GTEs. Soon I am afraid she will ask me to choose between my toys or her .. hahahahhahahah . She better not ! She will be sorry ... uooohhhhh ! J/K... She happens to read this, I am in trouble !
Old 07-01-14 | 10:36 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Finished wiring up the HID low beam lights and the fog lights. Instead of just directly connecting the ballasts to the original bulb connectors , I did wire individual relays for each HID.

Old 07-02-14 | 04:29 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

on the is300 fan setup , are you using a upgraded alternator or is the amp draw not that huge of a impact on charging system as some have suggested .. you have your ecu control the fans right

also any reason you didint go with the phr custom shroud for the is fan setup
Old 07-02-14 | 10:36 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

on the is300 fan setup , are you using a upgraded alternator or is the amp draw not that huge of a impact on charging system as some have suggested .. you have your ecu control the fans right

also any reason you didint go with the phr custom shroud for the is fan setup
I have decided to upgrade the alternator not really because of the fans since I usually hear them kick into high speed only when I am idled for a long time or I am on city traffic. I upgraded because of the number of solenoids and HIDs I had ( 5 solenoid - fuel / nitrous / purge / IC cooler / Line Lock and 4 HIDs with individual relays) .

I have thought and considered for a long period of time buying that PHR shroud. It is nice. But it was pricey .. $375 , $500 polished and $550 chromed. When I was about to buy it I noticed that the left corner part will touch my big *** intake pipe , it won't fit. Then also I would need a coolant reservoir. So I decided to use the stock IS300 shroud. You will see in the picture that I just made an aluminum plate on top to cover the black plastic shroud. Eventually all those aluminum plates in front I will just get chromed when I have extra funds to make them look better. But no doubt that PHR shroud is nice. I wish it was not too pricey.

PHR also sell for more than $200 the wiring kit to run those fans in low speed and high speed. It is easy , all you need are three relays which if you observe the PHR kit uses also same 3 relays. Then you can choose how to control them either manually through toggle switches , automatically through temp switches or through the ECU.

On my end I use the ECU to control the relays using the ECU LOW side switches (grounding switches). One for low speed, the fans turn on once the ECU sees that coolant is =>150F , then the other relay is activated by the ECU for high speed operation when the ECU sees that coolant is >190F . Your AEM should take care of that switching process for the two relays.

EDIT : At low speed , the two fans are wired in series and on high speed the two fans are wired in parallel.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-02-14 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-02-14 | 02:53 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

So basically you're saying one fan is always on between 150 and 190. Is their a way to wire this in so one fan comes on above 150 , two fans on above say 175 and both kick to high speed above 180 or when ac is on

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys