Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-15, 06:30 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Not too sure what Rey's plan are right now. He probably just want to buy an already done car ...

Thanks SG . Honestly , getting cold feet about this sale. Too much love and money poured on every car I did so far. Just the new ATF built A340e transmission , 3500 stall converter , auto TT diff with new TRD LSD .. that's $5500 right in there. The 2jzgte fully refreshed engine with all new parts and all ARP hardware with a 2jzgte harness swap is at least $5k in there.... damn I haven't even counted the car itself , the perfect black interior , all other parts like intercooler , fuel system , viper security and others...most especially LABOR .... And all these having less than 500 miles ... 240 miles actually to be exact , lol.

Another thought that came to mind was , since I have a damn built / robust short block with CP Pistons / Carillo HD rods and other performance bolt ons for sale on SF, I will just slap those on this car since it is tough selling performance parts / cars and never get back your money anyway , and boost the damn car and make it another +1000rwhp sleeper and keep it.

Really hard letting go of something you worked hard for with sweat, love and tons of money for a low price ! And , I know ... I know ..lol.. my wife keeps on asking me "why do you need to have 8 x 2jzgte built cars ??????????????? " .....I don't know myself ... hahaha ! I need to go back to the rehab . I thought going for another Safari trip and an East Coast Road Trip this past summer would have helped take my mind out of these 2jzgte madness . Am back to square one , lmaol !
If you have fewer cars, your 2JZOCD will just make the remaining builds crazier!
Don't forget, these are two vastly different cars for resale. The Supras will get you your money back. SC builds are a 50% loss as you know. I'd build the black 97 NA/T to KEEP (and to challenge you), quit on the other SC's (black hole) spending and keep building and sitting on those valuable Supras.
Old 09-18-15, 06:46 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Gerry,

Pare - You already have a car for each day of the week. lol. What happened to a 2JZ-GTE boat?
Old 09-18-15, 07:07 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
If you have fewer cars, your 2JZOCD will just make the remaining builds crazier!
Don't forget, these are two vastly different cars for resale. The Supras will get you your money back. SC builds are a 50% loss as you know. I'd build the black 97 NA/T to KEEP (and to challenge you), quit on the other SC's (black hole) spending and keep building and sitting on those valuable Supras.
I know... but I love these sleepers. I love the looks and conversations that ensues every time I get to play with these newer $60-100k sport cars. They following me just to have a conversation or for others that look and their head shaking after a short play is worth a million to me... . That is why I can't wait for my old man's tan to be fully tuned and making the power I thought it should make and be a street monster anytime since it will be my Daily Driver.

With a Supra , you can't fool anyone. Everybody expects that there is something in the car even if you have a damn NA engine so all you get is driver beside you giving you a thumbs up or a lady on the passenger side of a car telling you "gerrb will you drive me home in your supra ?"... I have to change my tags / plates and put ordinary plates on my cars .

Originally Posted by aswang
Gerry,

Pare - You already have a car for each day of the week. lol. What happened to a 2JZ-GTE boat?
haha, I haven't given up yet on that idea. Still thinking of putting a damn 2jzgte in one of my boats though I already had the warning from my wife to "not even think about it". Heck , she won't know anyway not unless she sees me tinkering with that damn Four Winns boat or the next time she rides on it wondering why it sounds differently and heck a lot faster ...

Last edited by gerrb; 09-18-15 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-18-15, 08:10 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I'd build the black 97 NA/T to KEEP (and to challenge you)
SG - you are making the wheels in my mind turn . Why the hell I not work on a fully built NA-T with a 6speed for that 97 5speed SC... aka sleeper NA-T BUT making tons of power just like my old man's tan sleeper 2jzgte ..

That would even be more sleeper sounding .... "It's just an NA-T , nothing really especial . It is not a 2jzgte !"

Last edited by gerrb; 09-18-15 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-18-15, 08:23 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i mean... i could rip out my stock motor and go the same route- NA-T.

single turbo, injectors and tune.
Old 09-18-15, 10:23 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
SG - you are making the wheels in my mind turn . Why the hell I not work on a fully built NA-T with a 6speed for that 97 5speed SC... aka sleeper NA-T BUT making tons of power just like my old man's tan sleeper 2jzgte ..

That would even be more sleeper sounding .... "It's just an NA-T , nothing really especial . It is not a 2jzgte !"
NOW you are talking!!!! Do THIS! Go crazy on this one!
Old 09-18-15, 11:17 AM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

gerry sell me an lsd off one of your cars lol
Old 09-18-15, 12:18 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

throw some e85 at that na-t build and you will have tons of fun with the extra compression.
Old 09-18-15, 01:16 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
throw some e85 at that na-t build and you will have tons of fun with the extra compression.
that's a really good idea... even more power with E85!
Old 09-19-15, 01:10 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by irondonkey
i mean... i could rip out my stock motor and go the same route- NA-T.

single turbo, injectors and tune.
Junan - you still need to build the bottom end if you are aiming for the power I was aiming for my daily driver.

NOW you are talking!!!! Do THIS! Go crazy on this one!
yeah I guess it deserves it being a rare car ... only time will tell. Plans always change.

Originally Posted by chnk
gerry sell me an lsd off one of your cars lol
got no extra one for an auto... got a brand new for a 6speed but if the 97 5speed will be worked on then I can't.

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
definitely !

that's a really good idea... even more power with E85!
high compression love corn syrup but got to have the right engine management system or you are asking for trouble

Last edited by gerrb; 09-19-15 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-19-15, 01:12 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I really doubt this damn car will leave me... do not have the nerves to let it go .

In fact I am adding more stuff to it now ... just added the 97 side skirts ... the 97 front and rear bumpers and door moldings will be installed once the car is painted since they are currently black in color .

Name:  20150919_152402_zpsdwzoyoro.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  379.8 KB

Name:  20150919_162209_zpsrs7ssajp.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  303.0 KB

Last edited by gerrb; 09-20-15 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-20-15, 10:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

People are sending me PMs and text messages offering me less than what I was asking for the car which is $10k . ....I don't get it .

A lot of people do not understand the costs to get a good 2jzgte swap done properly.. Let me brake it down on what I have on this car just for the info of many and convince people that if you have the chance to buy a good running car for a good price , grab it rather than building it yourself . It will be cheaper. Exactly the reason why all my 4 running MKIVs have been bought already running even if I can work on them. With the specs I have on every MKIV I have and the price I paid for each , I am way up on the winning side . So when I get tired of them and sell them, I will either get back my money or even make more especially Supra MKIV prices are not going anywhere but up ...and I got a free use of them.

On this Red Mamba Two , just the damn built transmission ($3200 w/ 2way shipping) , 3500 stall converter ($1295) and 3.76 TT with TRD LSD ($1800) are already around $5900. The refreshed non vvti engine with all new parts and all ARP hardware with the gte harness swap will run you around $5500 . Plus all the other stuff (cost of car with the perfect black interior , intercooler & piping, fuel system pump lines and fittings , viper security / remote start , wheels and brand new tires , small stuff like oil pans, catch can & lines , break in oil and trans oil, air and oil filters etc.... plus all LABOR COSTS ... you will be at more than $17k territory at least and I was only asking for $10k ????? and still I get a lot of tire kickers. One even told me he can have one less than $10k. Be my guess . These are the very people who later on complains that high hp cars are not reliable and don't want to be called cheap. And yet they want to cheap out on their builds pretending they can do it cheaper and yet couldn't show any build to prove what they claim. Reliable and Cheap cannot go in the same sentence when we are dealing with high hp cars.

All you need on this car is get a single turbo with manifold , exhaust systems and bigger injectors and it will easily get +700rwhp safely on E85 with the right engine management system. Fuel pumps and lines on this car are capable of supporting that power. It has two TT Denso pumps with PTFE fuel lines . Add another pump if you want to go over +800 but you are going through the limits of the stock rods even if they have ARP hardwares. Though there are cars with all stock 2jzgte internals that have dynoed above +900rwhp... even 1000rwhp. Transmission and Rear end are all capable and ready.

Unless things change and someone convince me to let go of this car, it ain't leaving my place anymore. Decided to lock my for sale ad .

Last edited by gerrb; 09-20-15 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-20-15, 02:33 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

thus is life of modding these cars. you just gotta do it for the passion i guess.

it's pretty much the same for any car. even the really expensive ones to mod.

any updates on that other build?
Old 09-20-15, 03:27 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

thus is life of modding these cars. you just gotta do it for the passion i guess.

it's pretty much the same for any car. even the really expensive ones to mod.

any updates on that other build?
You are absolutely right but it is one thing to be someone looking for good deals and grabbing them and another to be just a plain tire kicker who singles out the small stuff to be done yet do not really have the ability to buy one. These are the people who wastes your time. They ask tons of questions then at the end of the day tell you , they will see if they can get approved for a loan.

my new Daily Driver Sleeper will be fired up this week and I have cleaned the 1997 SC300 5 speed in and out.

Will try to enjoy driving around my old man's car first to get done with the break in while trying to consider what direction I really want to head with regards the 1997 5speed now that Red Mamba Two ain't going anywhere at least for now.

what year is your 5speed SC300 Junan ?

Last edited by gerrb; 09-20-15 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-20-15, 06:04 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

92. couple more years, then no emissions. woohoo!

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys