Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-15 | 06:15 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by irondonkey
92. couple more years, then no emissions. woohoo!
what couple ??? Just 15 months ...by Jan 2017 , no more tests / emissions / inspections

That is what is discouraging me about that 1997 SC300 5speed.

My 3 1992s .... just 15 more months ....
Old 09-21-15 | 08:01 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

2017 is still a long time away haha

car was manufacture in may, so i still have to add on those 5 months. its registered up in barrow county since it wont pass right now. hah
Old 09-21-15 | 08:20 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

2017 is still a long time away haha

car was manufacture in may, so i still have to add on those 5 months. its registered up in barrow county since it wont pass right now. hah
doesn't matter if it was manufactured in December or May or January 2017 , they are after the year so by January 2017 , all 1992 cars as per DOT regulations are 25 years old and are exempted . The DMV do not have a record of when your car was manufactured . They have the model year on the title ... so to them , all 1992 model cars are 25 years old by 2017.

and time pass so fast ... trust me , those 15 months will be coming and going quicker than your eye can blink or let me phrase it better.... "quicker than you can build your car and make 500rwhp" ... hahaha !

Last edited by gerrb; 09-21-15 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-21-15 | 11:43 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

lolol that's the truth. my next job should pay a lot more, i'll be able to start it once i get a new one.

do you have any connections with IT companies?
Old 09-21-15 | 02:44 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gerrb
Not too sure what Rey's plan are right now. He probably just want to buy an already done car ...
Mang Gerrb, Trust me Ive been workin on it, hahahah... I do just wanna buy a finished well built car and just be happy with it. I am shocked no one bought the RM2 yet from you. I know $$$ is tight but man your RM2 is for sure. I have spent well over 10gs and nothin to show for. I wish I can get most of it back now that I am parting my project out. Slow sales but its sellin.. Been super extra nice and super extra great husband to my wifey and showing pics of the RM2, maybe once I get my HT 92 SC out of my garage, she might say "yes".
Old 09-22-15 | 11:31 PM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Too funny Gerrb, I recently tried selling my 92 1jz car it's a very nice all around car, good power, auto couture kit, comfortable suspension for my wife and son to ride along in. I finally took it off craigslist because of all the ridiculous offers I kept getting, I think I'll aim for tax season to offload it. Only one kicker though out of the three I have my wife loves the 92 the most she thinks it's the "sexiest" of them all and loves how it makes her feel riding in it, what really kicked me in the *** was when she said "so what do I have to do to convince you not to sell this car" it put a very wide smile on my face because she usually could care less about cars.

I asked her what she thought of the 94 I recently na-t'd, and she hates it.....then again only certain people can appreciate full and straight through 3.5" exhaust. Oh well she's going to be s.o.l. cuz I love the demon I'm creating with the 94, if my wife is lucky my 92 or 93 sells and then I'll adjust. I just know I want to start spending time driving and enjoying and not wrenching.
#painofmyobsession
Old 09-23-15 | 12:50 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

lolol that's the truth. my next job should pay a lot more, i'll be able to start it once i get a new one.

do you have any connections with IT companies?
get that engine you have been sending me through text messages and work on your car .. that's a good deal

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Mang Gerrb, Trust me Ive been workin on it, hahahah... I do just wanna buy a finished well built car and just be happy with it. I am shocked no one bought the RM2 yet from you. I know $$$ is tight but man your RM2 is for sure. I have spent well over 10gs and nothin to show for. I wish I can get most of it back now that I am parting my project out. Slow sales but its sellin.. Been super extra nice and super extra great husband to my wifey and showing pics of the RM2, maybe once I get my HT 92 SC out of my garage, she might say "yes".
hahaha ... You have no idea how much work and stuff I have added to it in the last few days so I really doubt the car is leaving me any time soon ... more likely the 1997 SC300 5speed shell if I don't hurry up and work on it .

Originally Posted by Reyke
Too funny Gerrb, I recently tried selling my 92 1jz car it's a very nice all around car, good power, auto couture kit, comfortable suspension for my wife and son to ride along in. I finally took it off craigslist because of all the ridiculous offers I kept getting, I think I'll aim for tax season to offload it. Only one kicker though out of the three I have my wife loves the 92 the most she thinks it's the "sexiest" of them all and loves how it makes her feel riding in it, what really kicked me in the *** was when she said "so what do I have to do to convince you not to sell this car" it put a very wide smile on my face because she usually could care less about cars.

I asked her what she thought of the 94 I recently na-t'd, and she hates it.....then again only certain people can appreciate full and straight through 3.5" exhaust. Oh well she's going to be s.o.l. cuz I love the demon I'm creating with the 94, if my wife is lucky my 92 or 93 sells and then I'll adjust. I just know I want to start spending time driving and enjoying and not wrenching.
#painofmyobsession
I know how it goes ...

Last edited by gerrb; 09-23-15 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-23-15 | 12:53 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

wrapped the 4" downpipe and midpipe , installed them and fired up the engine . Yehey..... my new Daily Driver is up and running ... but could not let it run but less than a minute due to the fact that the downpipe was meant for a MKIV where there is no heater valve on that part of the firewall . I need to make a bracket and move the SC heater valve before those hoses melt. The car fired right away. That's the beauty of starting a car with stock components initially ... less factors that can prevent it from running.

Name:  20150923_143725_zps6al08qkl.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  325.8 KB

hoses of heater valves on the downpipe

Name:  20150923_151155_zpsslcytt5l.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  379.3 KB

Name:  20150923_151205_zpsc5dom7ot.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  368.7 KB

Name:  20150923_151227_zpsibyiefaf.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  326.8 KB

Last edited by gerrb; 09-23-15 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-23-15 | 04:58 PM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Good luck with messing with that heater valve all of the ones I've messed with literally crumbled in my hands, I swear Toyota bought some of the cheapest Tupperware to make those things out of. I recently learned you can buy and install the ls400 valve only thing that sucks is it's physically larger so you have to tweak the sheet metal bracket to get it to fit and swap the actuating arms from the sc300 unit. Toyota wants to sell the whole darn thing for almost $200, but you can get the ls400 valve for $70 new
Old 09-23-15 | 05:32 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Reyke
Good luck with messing with that heater valve all of the ones I've messed with literally crumbled in my hands, I swear Toyota bought some of the cheapest Tupperware to make those things out of. I recently learned you can buy and install the ls400 valve only thing that sucks is it's physically larger so you have to tweak the sheet metal bracket to get it to fit and swap the actuating arms from the sc300 unit. Toyota wants to sell the whole darn thing for almost $200, but you can get the ls400 valve for $70 new
hahaha... i know how brittle they are that is why I am very careful on them when I take out the hoses. On this one, I have taken this it out many times so no big deal on this . I will shorten the two hoses so it shifts to the right and will just make a new bracket for it .
Old 09-24-15 | 09:17 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 100000

I vote after this one you take break from the tri-92's and get that beautiful '97 5spd going
Old 09-24-15 | 10:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I vote after this one you take break from the tri-92's and get that beautiful '97 5spd going
I am having a love / hate relationship with that 97 . How many times I have taken its interior move it to my other cars and its body kit , move them to my other cars and now everything back in that car . .. almost sold the bare shell many times and a couple of local members wanting to have it but I can't seem to let go of it .

Maybe if I start working on it soon , then I would never think of letting it go , ever ! IT IS RARE !!!! HARD TO FIND !!!! especially in this condition just over 110k miles on the body !
Old 09-24-15 | 12:03 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 100000

If you sell that as a shell I would have to seriously consider driving across the country to get it. I think if you start on it, in the end it'll be your favorite. its got nothing holding it back really other than the classic car by year thing.
Old 09-24-15 | 12:07 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Do you really now have 7 2JZ project cars? I'm having trouble justifying my one!

I say sell the lot, pick your one favorite, and make it a 1600whp sleeper and insane on the street.
Old 09-24-15 | 01:01 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
If you sell that as a shell I would have to seriously consider driving across the country to get it. I think if you start on it, in the end it'll be your favorite. its got nothing holding it back really other than the classic car by year thing.
I believe you . Just need to get going. I really like it . It is just I have 7 x 2jzgte toys now . That 97 5speed will be the 8th. I am getting tired. But all my MKIVs were bought not built by me because they were good deals I couldn't let pass. I will make money on them when I get tired of them and need to sell them. For now , I can afford to sit on them while their values go high. If I sell them at today's value I will make at leas $60k now if I sell all those 4 MKIVs.

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Do you really now have 7 2JZ project cars? I'm having trouble justifying my one!

I say sell the lot, pick your one favorite, and make it a 1600whp sleeper and insane on the street.
I was thinking if I work on that 97 , it would be the best 2jzgte toy I have. You see I am retired but still young at 53. I have to keep myself busy so these toys keep me busy. At the same time I am trying to be wise on these toys so I don't loose money but instead make money when I am tired of them and would let them all go . I look for good deals . That is what I use for my builds.... hahahah.

Break Down :

MKIV1 - 3.4 6speed - 1180rwhp
MKIV2 - 3.4 6speed - 1250rwhp
MKIV3 - 3.0 6speed - 950rwhp
MKIV4 - 3.0 6speed - 980rwhp
MKIV5 - shell (I hope this sells and I don't need to build it)

SC1 - 400rwhp
SC3 - 850rwhp
SC4 - 1000rwhp
97SC - ????????

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys