Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-15, 10:14 AM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jesus Christ Gerry...you wanna adopt a 31-year old Firefighter?
Old 11-12-15, 01:51 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn. that's fast shipping. i should order one from them too. where are they based out of?
Old 11-12-15, 02:20 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by DuWerke
Jesus Christ Gerry...you wanna adopt a 31-year old Firefighter?
How is your single turbo GTE buddy ?

Originally Posted by irondonkey
damn. that's fast shipping. i should order one from them too. where are they based out of?
Virginia ... Google J-Spec Auto or JSAMotors ... look for Sam or Thomas !
Old 11-12-15, 02:40 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
How is your single turbo GTE buddy ?
About 99.5 percent done. Buttoning up the small stuff now.
Old 11-13-15, 07:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DuWerke
About 99.5 percent done. Buttoning up the small stuff now.
great .. so you can enjoy the car.

this morning decided to unpack the two GTE vvti engines I received yesterday . Since I already knew the compression numbers , decided to confirm those numbers were consistent with a leakdown test and they were ... very healthy engines which is what made me get into compulsive buying even if I already have an extra 3 JZ short blocks and a complete GTE VVTi swap. Well I guess I will get a mouthful once my wife notices I got some new engines laying around . Heck , the secret is let them say what they want to say .. .let it get into one ear and out the other ear . They get tired talking after a while when they notice that you don't pay attention anyway . You will do what you want after all. Can they do anything ? It's already there .. hahaha.. But I don't advise that to couples who are not that long in their relationship... lmaol.. You will get into a divorce.. hahaha. Our kids are all grown up , my wife knows me. Nothing would stop me from doing what I want so she puts up with it. That is why I love her.. hahahaha.

Name:  20151112_120015_zpsxprvp7h1.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  285.7 KB

Name:  20151113_093733_zpsah63ovvz.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  355.1 KB

Name:  20151113_093742_zpsxnct2zoz.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  364.3 KB

Last edited by gerrb; 11-13-15 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-13-15, 09:41 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Gerry you have a problem......haha jk......you are without a doubt a 2jz hoarder...
Old 11-13-15, 11:09 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow! That was fast shipping!!
Old 11-13-15, 11:13 AM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang Mang Gerry, those 2jzs looks clean man.. you really need to build that shop at the back of your house to keep them out of the element. I might do a leak down test on my 2jzge and see the results. I keep gettin asked if i can do a comp test.
Old 11-13-15, 03:18 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Gerry you have a problem......haha jk......you are without a doubt a 2jz hoarder...
haha.. I know

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Wow! That was fast shipping!!
yeap , excellent customer service from that company

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Dang Mang Gerry, those 2jzs looks clean man.. you really need to build that shop at the back of your house to keep them out of the element. I might do a leak down test on my 2jzge and see the results. I keep gettin asked if i can do a comp test.
go ahead and do a leakdown test so it is easier for you to sell it. I got an estimate for an 8 bay shop behind the house North of Atlanta... too much money The question is what happens when I settle for good in our place in the South. It will be of no use and I don't know if I will be wrenching cars for long. I just want to enjoy driving now after this 97 sc300 6speed.
Old 11-13-15, 04:49 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

gerrb doing BIG things as usual!
Old 11-14-15, 04:08 AM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gerbb, please pm and let me know if you would consider doing a modest build for a fellow member.
Old 11-14-15, 06:24 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
gerrb doing BIG things as usual!
Thank you Buddy ! How is the project going ? Got all the parts needed ?

Originally Posted by Sweatshop
Gerbb, please pm and let me know if you would consider doing a modest build for a fellow member.

As many people know especially local members , I don't work on other people's car. Tons of people had requested me in the past but the best I will do is if you are local I will help you get things together and running but you have to work on your car.

IF indeed you will look for help , be careful with people who you deal with . There are so many people who are pieces of sh?t in this industry . Many people are only good in front of you , or if they will benefit from you or if they will make money from you but behind you they are a?sholes. Too many fake people in this world for whatever reasons and one is because of money money money or envy envy envy . I refuse to work on other people's car for money but instead I will help for free whenever I have the time. A lot of locals have seen how I have helped them. Even people I don't know on this forum , communicates with me to help them solve their problems which I do whenever I can. I know helping others , comes back ten fold and being a piece of sh?t gets back to you too in many ways. It is a matter of time. Karma is a b?tch . I have seen it many times.

Not pretty sure what you mean by modest build. Let me tell this for the benefit of every one. If you are only aiming for 500-700rwhp which is A LOT for a street car and don't have the luxury of having lots of money to spend like most of us , GET A GOOD 2JZGTE engine swap from a RELIABLE SOURCE. An engine that is guaranteed or better yet you have SEEN THE TEST RESULTS . Don't rely on he said / she said they are good. They are selling you their product so they will tell you what you want to hear. That such engine has a GOOD COMPRESSION NUMBERS or better yet GOOD LEAKDOWN NUMBERS . That kind of engine , you don't even need to open it up . Bolt the right accessories to get the 500-700rwhp you are aiming for and you will be good. These 2jz engines will be reliable up to 700rwhp ALL DAY without changing any of the internals... just by bolting on the right accessories. If you are aiming for more or the car is a drag car or a car that will be abused or have tons of money to spend , then that is a totally different story.... then get the internals beefed up or get your long block fully built with forged internals and better fasteners .

IF you need help getting a good JZ engine PM me, I will make sure JDM dealers I know will help you out or if you need answers to some questions let me know . I will try to help in as much as I can.

Last edited by gerrb; 11-15-15 at 04:31 AM.
Old 11-14-15, 08:13 PM
bigghopper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
the secret is let them say what they want to say .. .let it get into one ear and out the other ear
That is sage advice, after 17yrs of being married I still struggle with it. <br><br>I really like your choice of cars, someday I will get to pick up my MK4. We just did things a$$ backwards with having our first kid when we were 18.
Old 11-16-15, 08:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

thank you bigghopper ! Surely one day , you will have a MKIV . It all starts with a dream then work hard for it to make it a reality.
Old 11-16-15, 08:41 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

PogikoSC4 - did you get to do the leakdown tests on your engine ?

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys