Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

just noticed it has heated seats too you lucky dog
Old 11-29-16, 03:13 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by babillarac
Dang Gerry your lexus stable is growing up man . Nice keep it up
Thanks Buddy. How is the 1800rwhp V8 Twin Turbo Project going ? Can't wait to hear that engine roar . Should be very intimidating .

Originally Posted by Ezroni
just noticed it has heated seats too you lucky dog
Yeah, looks like I strucked gold on this car . I find more goodies on it as I continually evaluate it so I know exactly what to do with it.I can't continually add to the number of SCs I have this being the 6th . So I need to make some decisions on which one has to go. After some research about the coil-overs that are installed on this car , looks like what I spent for the whole car is a lot less than what the coil-overs are worth. It has the Tein Control Master Type Flex in which you can have an Electronic Damping Force Controller have control on the individual settings of each coil-over remotely inside the car. It would have been really a pity if this car ended at the junk yard and another 1 of 120 going to the grave yard just because the pictures showed a badly wrecked SC300 .

Last edited by gerrb; 11-29-16 at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-29-16, 09:52 AM
babillarac
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=gerrb;9692757]Thanks Buddy. How is the 1800rwhp V8 Twin Turbo Project going ? Can't wait to hear that engine roar . Should be very intimidating .

Whats up man. Is coming along nice i just taking a break cause injust bought a gs300 sportdesign (i couldn't stay away from the 2jz lol)

Name:  20160628_201050_zpscyan0zcu.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  312.9 KB

Name:  20161121_135135_zps7njl8tlg.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  259.2 KB

Name:  20161020_184728_zpsafuhcpxb.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  257.4 KB

Name:  20161129_120938_zpsspej59ar.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  395.8 KB graphite gray pearl

Name:  20161129_120856_zpssbxs320j.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  296.3 KB

Name:  20161129_120903_zpsill2lfhl.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  325.2 KB
Old 11-29-16, 09:58 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Holy Twins!!!
Old 11-29-16, 11:02 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
I can't continually add to the number of SCs I have this being the 6th . So I need to make some decisions on which one has to go. .
I only see 3 in your signature, and I don't follow this thread closely enough to figure out what all 6 are. Can I get an updated inventory list of your SCs and their current status/future plans?
Old 11-29-16, 11:13 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by babillarac
Whats up man. Is coming along nice i just taking a break cause injust bought a gs300 sportdesign (i couldn't stay away from the 2jz lol)
Dang nice .. didn't you say you wanted to swap that with one of my 6speed Supra MKIV , lmaol ? So next time you go back to my place you drive that car and you bring home a MKIV . That engine bay is really intimidating. I will make a trip to FL just to hear that darn thing . Love it buddy ! Fabrication is top notch .

And I know you can't help yourself being away from a 2JZ ...nice and clean GS ... let the force induction work begin !

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Holy Twins!!!
Indeed they are ..

I believe they are PT-6766 or PT-6466 .

Ali , that will be awesome on your stingray !

Last edited by gerrb; 11-29-16 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-29-16, 11:18 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I only see 3 in your signature, and I don't follow this thread closely enough to figure out what all 6 are. Can I get an updated inventory list of your SCs and their current status/future plans?
Signature will only allow you 8 lines and that includes the line for your pictures.. so I stopped writing them down , lol.

I had the first 4 with the 2JZGTEs , then the current NA-T project and now this new 97 5speed .. that makes 6.

But will have to choose 3 SCs to keep and really need to let the rest go but finding it hard . My wife is really on me now with regards my 2jz toys since I got that second 97 5speed last Tuesday. But how can I let the darn car pass by without grabbing it knowing that it was an easy fix and such a good deal at $1k . Just with the coil-overs , I got more than my money's worth. So even if I don't fix the shell ..then you have the 5speed trans and its accessories, 97 body kit and rear lights, good interior. So even just parting it out and use what I needed for my cars , it was a really good deal . Someone already offered me $500 just for the 97 5speed gauge cluster and its 5 speed dash harness for his 97 auto to manual swap since he had been looking for one for a very long time . And the good and best part is it is really fixable and an easy one for that matter with a good title so there is no need to part it out. The only problem is it adds up to the SCs I want to keep . Who would not like to keep a 1 of 120 1997 5speed SC300 ? As my wife kept on saying ... "Dang , you want to keep every damn Supra and SC you get " , lmaol .

Last edited by gerrb; 11-29-16 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-29-16, 11:32 AM
babillarac
Driver

Dang nice .. didn't you say you wanted to swap that with one of my 6speed Supra MKIV , lmaol ? So next time you go back to my place you drive that car and you bring home a MKIV . That engine bay is really intimidating. I will make a trip to FL just to hear that darn thing . Love it buddy ! Fabrication is top notch .

And I know you can't help yourself being away from a 2JZ ...nice and clean GS ... let the force induction work begin !

Indeed they are ..

I believe they are PT-6766 or PT-6466 .

Lol ,hopefully i will get done next year for fl2k . if you come down lmk . Yes i could not resist the 2jz powarrrrrr. It was a good deal and the colors i like plus it have only 130000 miles , old guy own
oh btw they are 6766 pte's
Old 11-29-16, 09:28 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Oh I am going single turbo on the Stingray, something in the 70-80mm range. going to work on some manifolds after I get the audi buttoned up.
That looks sick though babillarac, do you have a build thread?
Old 11-29-16, 10:28 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

Was curious too, thanks for asking!
Old 11-30-16, 01:02 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Signature will only allow you 8 lines and that includes the line for your pictures.. so I stopped writing them down , lol.

I had the first 4 with the 2JZGTEs , then the current NA-T project and now this new 97 5speed .. that makes 6.

But will have to choose 3 SCs to keep and really need to let the rest go but finding it hard . My wife is really on me now with regards my 2jz toys since I got that second 97 5speed last Tuesday. But how can I let the darn car pass by without grabbing it knowing that it was an easy fix and such a good deal at $1k . Just with the coil-overs , I got more than my money's worth. So even if I don't fix the shell ..then you have the 5speed trans and its accessories, 97 body kit and rear lights, good interior. So even just parting it out and use what I needed for my cars , it was a really good deal . Someone already offered me $500 just for the 97 5speed gauge cluster and its 5 speed dash harness for his 97 auto to manual swap since he had been looking for one for a very long time . And the good and best part is it is really fixable and an easy one for that matter with a good title so there is no need to part it out. The only problem is it adds up to the SCs I want to keep . Who would not like to keep a 1 of 120 1997 5speed SC300 ? As my wife kept on saying ... "Dang , you want to keep every damn Supra and SC you get " , lmaol .
I didn't know about the 8 line limit, but that makes a lot of sense now.

I want to see your na-t project the most. It'll be the most applicable for me once I decide to make boost a priority.

You made the right choice by rescuing the car. If I were in your shoes I would try to argue that I need all 6 for as long as I can. lol
Old 11-30-16, 03:16 AM
babillarac
Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Oh I am going single turbo on the Stingray, something in the 70-80mm range. going to work on some manifolds after I get the audi buttoned up.
That looks sick though babillarac, do you have a build thread?
Here you go sir

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=13533.0
Old 12-01-16, 06:53 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I didn't know about the 8 line limit, but that makes a lot of sense now.

I want to see your na-t project the most. It'll be the most applicable for me once I decide to make boost a priority.

You made the right choice by rescuing the car. If I were in your shoes I would try to argue that I need all 6 for as long as I can. lol
Just glad I did decide to have a second look on this wrecked 1997 5 speed. It is definitely worth the effort of rescuing it from the grave yard. If I keep 6 SCs, I will probably be told to sleep in my cars . So no , I won't keep 6 ... 3 or 4 is the most , actually 2 (one auto , one 6 speed that are fully built) if I want to be practical . Well I guess what our women look at is the associated expenses with our toys. I told her , I could easily get back what I spent to get this car .

I just took out the engine and transmission since someone on SF wanted and paid for the engine brackets and the rear sump oil pan. So there alone , I told her , am getting back $250 .... hahaha and of course a smile on her face . Well she knows me , she knows I try to be wise with my toys like she knows I am doubling my money once I decide to sell my 4 Supra MKIVs since they have risen a lot in prices compared to what I spent when I bought them. Besides two of them are basically free already since what I spent on them were profit I got from selling the other 5 MKIVs I had in the past. And she knows I only build my SCs based on parts I get from good deals.

Removing the tripod based W58 transmission , I found another goody ... a Clutch Master FX400 Stage 4 clutch which is almost new . Spending $1k for this whole car is definitely one of the $1k well spent ! I picked up this car without the key and the key cylinders on this car had already all been replaced in the past so having the VIN and having a key cut won't work. I have 3 extra sets from the parts car I can use though. So , I don't even know what is inside the trunk till I tear apart that trunk lock . Who knows , I will find more goodies or a big anaconda snake with a million babies, lol. That will be fine as long as it is not a dead human body .

I would probably keep this 1997 SC300 5 speed for quite a while . Who wouldn't like having 2 of the rare 1 of 120 ? Their values seems to be better than the other SC models. I see them being sold a lot higher now and hopefully their values keep on going up. It will be my NA-T project. While I put together a fully built NA-T engine and decide whether I want a V160 or T56 on this car , just to keep this car running and my wife wouldn't call it a junk car , I can actually just install this transmission with the stock 2JZGE VVTi engine that has 109k miles. Both engine and trans could surely handle 350-400rwhp boosted using a GTE VVTi ECU .... a good run around car. That would give me more time to piece together a fully built NA-T. This NA-T project was never planned . Remember , never thought of having an NA-T together with my 2JZGTE toys. So if I will have an NA-T, the final product should be at par with my 2JZGTE toys. I guess I will have to start eating can goods again and avoid fine dining to have funds for this built NA-T , lmaol.

Name:  20161201_091723_zps4byh44yv.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  215.2 KB

Name:  20161201_091744_zpsvig5qsnb.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  212.9 KB

Just drained the oil which is very clean as though an oil changed had just been done . Removed the oil pans and engine is very clean on the inside . I will take out the valve covers and if I find the camshafts area also clean , I will do a leak down test and see what I get. Before I know it this damn long block might be a very healthy one and don't need to be torn apart. After all it only has less than 150k miles. Only the external accessories need to be replaced since many of them have surface rusts and that wouldn't be a problem since I got quite a few of those.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-02-16 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-02-16, 03:56 AM
babillarac
Driver

Looking nice brother . I see you keep yourself busy

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys