Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-17, 07:55 AM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Someone at Jim's thread wanted to use the Cruise Control Combination Switch for something else since he was taking away his cruise control motor at the engine bay. Yes ... it is very possible to make use of that combination switch on the steering wheel for something else.

The Cruise Control has the a) ON-OFF .... b) Cancel ... c) Set/Coast ... d) Reset/Accel . They are basically push buttons, ON when pressed and OFF when released. Only the button a)ON-OFF can be used without modifying the combination switch internally. The other three have resistors that have to be bypassed and each of them should have their individual wire to use them individually or separate from each other.

I have modified the combination switch internally so I have all 4 push button available for my use. On top of it , I installed another modified combination switch on the left side so I can use the b)Cancel button on each side for my UP and DOWN Transmission shifting . In short , they are now my paddle shifters to shift the transmission of the SC with the 2jzgte VVTi by flipping the b)Cancel button upwards (left side of steering wheel to shift down & right side to shift up). I also have 3 extra buttons on each side which I can use for whatever purpose I may need

Thinking of doing the same for Black Pearl so I can eliminate all the push buttons I needed for my direct port nitrous , intercooler spray , nitrous purge and others. The current push buttons I have on Black Pearl are all on a panel at the center console box. That means I don't have to take away any of my hands from the steering wheel to reach a push button.

Great idea Gerrb, I was thinking of doing something similar but rewrite the up and down buttons on an IS300 auto steering wheel I recently to control my line lock and some other functions, then remove and relabel the buttons
Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170531_124549.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170531_130943.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170531_131049.jpg  

Last edited by gerrb; 06-29-17 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-06-17, 03:39 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Reyke
Great idea Gerrb, I was thinking of doing something similar but rewrite the up and down buttons on an IS300 auto steering wheel I recently to control my line lock and some other functions, then remove and relabel the buttons
yeah those IS300 buttons can be used for something else. They were originally used for shifting the trans also up and down .

I originally thought of using that steering wheel on the SC with the vvti 2jzgte to shift the trans but the action of flipping the cruise control switch upward was same as that of a paddle shifter so I used them instead .
Old 06-12-17, 05:21 AM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks awesome!!! Looks mean as hell!
I really like the way my fender pulls / flaring came out . It makes the car look wider and lowered . Can't wait for summer to be around fast enough so I can paint Red Mamba Two and Old Man Tan
Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170523_073420.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170523_073428.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170523_073514.jpg  

Last edited by gerrb; 06-29-17 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-13-17, 06:01 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
That looks awesome!!! Looks mean as hell!
I don't know of any one who has seen that car in person (local forum members) that didn't say that the stance of that Red Mamba Two is just so nice and intimidating . I can't wait it having that super dark red color from an 85-86 Supra MK3 as seen here. That is definitely the color it will get. I believe it is the 3F2 paint code. When I saw that car in person at Speed For Sale , I can't get my eyes off it. That color is just astonishing when you see it in person. RM2 has full black interior with the red stitches and I took out all tint so it will look clean. It is my daily driver now so it better look good
Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170530_101515.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170530_101529.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170530_101827.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170530_101816.jpg  

Last edited by gerrb; 06-29-17 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-16-17, 07:04 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

From 6 SCs , I am now down to 5 SCs. Just sold one of the 1 of 120 , 1997 SC300 5 speed , took out the 2jzgte V160 6speed and returned it to all stock.

As mentioned in a previous post , I am winding down to 3 2jzgte SCs toys, 1 with V160 6speed , 1 with Tremec Magnum 6speed and 1 with built ATF a340 . These three will keep my 4 6speed MKIVs company.

I will have one more 1997 SC300 5 speed all stock and 1 2jzGTE SC300 Auto that will have to go. Only keeping 1 original 1 of 120 1997 SC300 5speed but will have the best power train / drivetrain in all my toys.
Old 06-16-17, 07:37 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

From 6 SCs , I am now down to 5 SCs. Just sold one of the 1 of 120 , 1997 SC300 5 speed , took out the 2jzgte V160 6speed and returned it to all stock.

As mentioned in a previous post , I am winding down to 3 2jzgte SCs toys, 1 with V160 6speed , 1 with Tremec Magnum 6speed and 1 with built ATF a340 . These three will keep my 4 6speed MKIVs company.

I will have one more 1997 SC300 5 speed all stock and 1 2jzGTE SC300 Auto that will have to go. Only keeping 1 original 1 of 120 1997 SC300 5speed but will have the best power train / drivetrain in all my toys.
Yeah right!!! Gerry we know you well by now, sooner or later you have 7 SC's" with, "I got a deal I could not pass up" lol.
Old 06-16-17, 08:11 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BiGEZ
Yeah right!!! Gerry we know you well by now, sooner or later you have 7 SC's" with, "I got a deal I could not pass up" lol.
lol, I guess you are the first one who always get to know what I get being nearby my place , hahaha.

Man , I need to cut on the vehicles I have in that place for the simple reason that last night my wife went to that Hendricks dealership which you always go through on Satellite Blvd . Fell in love with a new GMC and brought it home last night. I need to cut on my insurance and the number of vehicles I have in that place. It is becoming a car lot as you well know, lol. . I can't say no to her so she doesn't meddle with my toys. And she knows I hate selling vehicles if we bought it brand new so I don't even know what to do with her 3 other older SUVs. My kids do not even like them. She came to know that I was going to the West to pick up a white SC430 with saddle interior so I guess she said , time for her to get a new one , hahaha.

On second thoughts , who would say no to a good deal SC ?... hhahaha .... Seriously , I think I am done accumulating SCs ... time to wind down on them. I will just get those 3 in their best condition.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-16-17 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-22-17, 05:02 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Sorry guys ...looks like Photobucket doesn't allow anymore free 3rd party linking / hosting of pictures. As of June 20 , 2017 ...their terms and conditions for their site had changed. They are now asking me to subscribe to the $399 / per year plan for the pictures of my thread to be displayed which I doubt I will .

This thread has over 5000 pictures and almost 800k views . An average of over 400 views daily in the last 5 years since the day I started it. I guess it uses a lot of their bandwidth with so much views every day !

Last edited by gerrb; 06-23-17 at 03:48 AM.
Old 06-22-17, 05:54 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

I've never seen anyone get their account blocked like that before, but given how many people view your threads it makes sense. I think you'd have the same issue on flickr.

You could try google photos. I find myself using it the most often for projects now. Only downside is that it won't automatically generate the link to post on the forums.
Old 06-22-17, 07:38 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I've never seen anyone get their account blocked like that before, but given how many people view your threads it makes sense. I think you'd have the same issue on flickr.

You could try google photos. I find myself using it the most often for projects now. Only downside is that it won't automatically generate the link to post on the forums.
I guess they are monitoring those accounts that uses a lot of their bandwidths and forces them to subscribe to the $399 / year plan .

I have another account with them whose pictures are not very much accessed and I can still link pictures from that secondary account . So apparently if an account has tons of pictures and they are very much accessed then they will ask you to subscribe to that hosting plan . It is a potential income for them after all. After all there is no such thing as free lunch !
Old 06-22-17, 08:17 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What a shame. There is so much information in this thread. I would gladly contribute towards your plan to keep the pics alive. We should start a go fund me for your photobucket account fees. Seriously..
Old 06-22-17, 09:04 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

I guess they are monitoring those accounts that uses a lot of their bandwidths and forces them to subscribe to the $399 / year plan .

I have another account with them whose pictures are not very much accessed and I can still link pictures from that secondary account . So apparently if an account has tons of pictures and they are very much accessed then they will ask you to subscribe to that hosting plan . It is a potential income for them after all. After all there is no such thing as free lunch !
It makes sense for them to do that, so businesses can't take advantage of a free service. The traffic from this thread and all of your DIY threads must generate enough traffic to rival a small business.

It is a huge loss for the community, since you've put so much time into writing DIY threads. Going back and uploading all the photos, then editing all your old post would be a huge waste of your time. A go fund me wouldn't be a bad idea to preserve all the knowledge that you've provided to the community.
Old 06-26-17, 07:14 AM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Screw it, start putting this entire thread with the photos on flash drives and sell them. This thread has turned into the 2jz bible, I get asked questions about electrical and swaps and always refer them to you or AliSC3.
Old 06-26-17, 05:29 PM
n/aisweak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a thumb drive I'll mail!
Old 06-29-17, 09:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Thanks guys. Sorry for those who have sent PM , requesting for info or help about my threads and wasn't answering. I cannot possibly do everything being requested so far.

Please wait for these thread pictures be updated. What I will do is every time I have some spare time , I will go through every post and replace the pictures as attachments . That is if I remember what pictures are on a particular post . This process will drive me crazy eventually. ( I wonder how long this process will take me ) .

It will take a long time but better than not having pictures.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-29-17 at 10:43 AM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys