Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-19, 01:43 PM
silentkill
Advanced

Received 225 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
I had a few hours to spare this morning so decided to install the Haltech Elite 2000 , the gauges and boost controller that all came from a 1999 SC300 with a 2jzgte swap that I bought from a friend and parted out which basically came out to be free after having gotten back my money from selling all the other parts I wasn't interested in keeping . The gauges oil, boost/vacuum and afr gauges) are not the ones that I will typically buy for myself but hey ..... they are free so I have nothing to complain . It will be easier for me to install and remove the ecu if it was in the center console box thus preventing anyone from starting the car . Had to run the parallel harness and a vacuum line for the onboard map sensor under that center console.

fancy wish i ran my ecu up there haha. gonna be a pain in the *** to fit in stock location on my car with the giant PNP harness. I will definitely repin to only use my ecu harness eventually.
Old 09-12-19, 02:06 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

Oh this is getting good

The Haltech ECU is much smaller than I imagined it would be since it can fit into the center console. The boost controller couldn't have had a more perfect spot. Actually, Gerry if you don't want to use that ashtray flip lid any longer I believe Autoextrude sells a simple blank-out 3D printed plate that fits in that stock location and replaces the entire ashtray, though it's not cheap :/

The gauges in the glove box have a perfect home! That is a nice little pod they're resting in.

This is making me think of places I can put a boost gauge, myself... but in a non-round/standard shape gauge. Something ideally with a backlit LCD that displays the boost/vac number in PSI and also has a little incremental meter like a Buick Grand National's factory dash cluster digital RPM meter. Either that or maybe an aftermarket rear view mirror modded with a boost number indicator

Last edited by KahnBB6; 09-12-19 at 02:11 AM.
Old 09-12-19, 06:42 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Oh this is getting good

The Haltech ECU is much smaller than I imagined it would be since it can fit into the center console. The boost controller couldn't have had a more perfect spot. Actually, Gerry if you don't want to use that ashtray flip lid any longer I believe Autoextrude sells a simple blank-out 3D printed plate that fits in that stock location and replaces the entire ashtray, though it's not cheap :/

The gauges in the glove box have a perfect home! That is a nice little pod they're resting in.

This is making me think of places I can put a boost gauge, myself... but in a non-round/standard shape gauge. Something ideally with a backlit LCD that displays the boost/vac number in PSI and also has a little incremental meter like a Buick Grand National's factory dash cluster digital RPM meter. Either that or maybe an aftermarket rear view mirror modded with a boost number indicator
good idea with the mirror but if you're going that far, might as well rig up a heads up display!
Old 09-12-19, 12:50 PM
KahnBB6

Originally Posted by silentkill
good idea with the mirror but if you're going that far, might as well rig up a heads up display!
I've seen the gauge/rear view mirror DIY detailed on a BMW forum. However a HUD ... you bring up an even more intriguing idea to look into. One of those with custom readouts would be cool! Have to see if other rpm, speed and coolant temp functions can also be rigged up from a pre-OBD2 system.

Apologies for the thread sidetrack, Gerry! The possibilities caught my curiosity
Old 09-12-19, 05:59 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

no biggie guys .. any discussion that help further the improvement of our toys are always welcome.

Wanted to see if my vacuum / boost gauge will show same figures as that of the boost controller and they do .. .

For now I will just keep the boost controller kept at the center console box too so no gauges are seen outside while the car is park ... stealth look , hahaha. I just pull it out when I drive the car and put it on top of the ashtray cover so I have easy access in changing parameters.

Last edited by gerrb; 09-13-19 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-14-19, 07:01 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Dang can't believe that in spite of the age of social media (facebook / instagram / twitter and others) , this build thread is still widely viewed and will more likely cross the 1,000,000 views today . HHHHmmmmm , no where have I seen a car specific forum having a personal build thread get such number of views. Thanks to everyone who have followed the thread and hoping that one way or another you have learned a thing or two .

You want a fast car or a car with a lot of power ? You make sure you be able to stop it or it will ram whatever and wherever it is pointed to . A friend of mine was really nice to sell me another set of BBKs these past days. Am planning to install them in one of my MKIVs or maybe in my best 2jzGTE SC yet to be completed and get running where I am aiming 1500rwhp and be the cream of the crop for my 2JZ toys.

Fronts Rotors are 355mm and Rears Rotors are 345mm

Comparing the 6 pot front calipers with that of the stock SC and LS400 front calipers

Now comparing the rear BBK calipers with that of the SC rear calipers . Dang , look at that tiny rear caliper .

Last edited by gerrb; 09-14-19 at 07:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
KahnBB6 (09-15-19)
Old 09-14-19, 09:02 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Darn , two hours ago , I was just saying this thread will more likely today get its 1,000,000th view ... it did it in less than two hours

KahnBB6 (09-15-19)
Old 09-15-19, 12:42 AM
KahnBB6

Congratulations on the milestone, Gerry!! You show how it is done and people come to see

Also seconding your point about having proper brake upgrades on a powerful car. Should be one of the first things done especially if the car is upgraded in stages while being driven frequently. Those six-piston 355mm brake calipers up front are likely night and day even compared to 95-00 LS400 and MKIV TT calipers let alone stock SC sliding calipers. Talk about no comparison!
howat (07-26-21)
Old 09-16-19, 08:45 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations on 1000 000 views Gerry! . The mother of all build threads .
Old 09-16-19, 01:49 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Congrats on the 1 Mil views and here's another one
Old 09-18-19, 08:49 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Grats on 1 million! I personally rather use forums than facebook groups, you cant really have a 'build' thread on there so its literally just like 'look what i did' contest.

I learned so much from CL and SF.
Old 09-20-19, 04:11 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Thanks a lot guys !

Again, no offense meant to anyone but Facebook Car groups are a cesspool . Barely a year in there on a different pseudo name . A lot of as?holes and d?c?heads . It is who ever can shout louder. The worst is these loudmouths don't even have anything nice or good to show about their car. Nothing he or she can be proud of and brag about . There is no control. Anything goes in there. You can't learn much . It is basically , "here it is , look at what I have " . I used to tell my kids and grand kids to be careful on social media. It is basically glorified gossiping. If before , your neighbors or other people try to see what is going on with you , now you yourself broadcast it to the world . Even things that you shouldn't .

With the car forums like clublexus , you see the progression of a build. You learn a thing or two . It isn't a perfect world but you learn more from someone else experience.
Old 09-27-19, 04:25 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

In the couple years I had my daily sleeper (maybe 6 or 7 years) , it has gone through a lot of improvements. At 940rwhp (auto trans) which should translate to at least +1050 if it was a manual transmission, it has been a very reliable companion that had always got my back and supported my ego on the streets.

It's fall and soon the cold weather. Though it is on flex fuel , with the proEFI always taking care on the fly the tune whether I have E85 or pump 93 in there , I always wanted to enable my water meth injection which I installed a couple of months ago. During winter season , I usually just use pump 93 but the fuel has its limitation that is why this coming winter I would finally use 93 with water meth. Just whenever I am on pump 93. E85 doesn't need water meth. It already has its cooling effect on the charged air due to a lot higher octane content than pump 93.

To do this , I had to move my IAT sensor from the IC piping to my throttle body and do a trac butterfly delete .

The trac butterfly delete should help a lot in more free moving air to the intake. At the same time , my IAT sensor will be able to measure the Air intake Temperature after the water meth has been injected .

with pump 93 and water meth , I should be able to push what pump 93 alone can do ... surely above 700rwph. We will see.

Current engine bay of my Daily Sleeper that always had my back and supported my ego on the streets

Last edited by gerrb; 09-27-19 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-27-19, 07:08 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Originally Posted by gerrb
In the couple years I had my daily sleeper (maybe 6 or 7 years) , it has gone through a lot of improvements. At 940rwhp (auto trans) which should translate to at least +1050 if it was a manual transmission, it has been a very reliable companion that had always got my back and supported my ego on the streets.

It's fall and soon the cold weather. Though it is on flex fuel , with the proEFI always taking care on the fly the tune whether I have E85 or pump 93 in there , I always wanted to enable my water meth injection which I installed a couple of months ago. During winter season , I usually just use pump 93 but the fuel has its limitation that is why this coming winter I would finally use 93 with water meth. Just whenever I am on pump 93. E85 doesn't need water meth. It already has its cooling effect on the charged air due to a lot higher octane content than pump 93.

To do this , I had to move my IAT sensor from the IC piping to my throttle body and do a trac butterfly delete .

The trac butterfly delete should help a lot in more free moving air to the intake. At the same time , my IAT sensor will be able to measure the Air intake Temperature after the water meth has been injected .

with pump 93 and water meth , I should be able to push what pump 93 alone can do ... surely above 700rwph. We will see.

Current engine bay of my Daily Sleeper that always had my back and supported my ego on the streets

that intake pipe is hilariously huge, setup looks nice!
Old 09-28-19, 08:41 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Default Yes or no ???????????????????????

A couple of days ago , I got a good deal on a 2jzgte swap . It was a deal I cannot refuse when it was offered to me. I got it because it had the PHR Street Monster Torque kit that had a brand new Precision PT-6766 CEA turbo. It was a project that was abandoned because the owner had to move Westward to NM . It was actually a Lexus IS300 project. I wanted the PHR kit since everything on the kit was brand new . In short , I grabbed on the offer of buying the whole project and thought of just selling everything else and get back my money with the kit being free.

The beauty is I bought everything with the car for $3,000 .. $1k upfront and the rest , a month to pay , , a deal really so hard to refuse . I got it towed to my place then assessed what are all the goodies I got . It came with a lot of brand new parts , an intercooler kit that was worth $607 , a radiator , condenser , battery relocation stuff, E85 walbro fuel pump , steel braided lines and a lot of fittings , a huge fuel lab fuel filter and some other stuff.

I took out my PHR monster kit from the car and now having second thoughts of why not get it running ? This car used to be at my buddy's shop , Speed for Sale. So I called him and asked him the status of this project. He said , just tie the loose ends and get it running. Every seal from top to bottom of that engine / transmission had been replaced with new ones , he said. So with just a little work , you can have a 4 door sleeper. So now , my dilemma is .... Will I get it running or part it out ?

YES or NO ?????????????? ... giving me a headache and I don't know what to do . I already have 3 Supra MKIV 6speeds , 4 Lexus SCs all boosted with 2jzgte except for one SC NA-T .. but this deal was hard to let go .

If I am gonna get it running , then I will create a build thread at the 2001 Lexus IS300 forum section ..

But here are the teaser pictures for the great deal I got for $3k

These next two days ,I would need to decide on what to do. I actually started selling stuff on facebook but now am asking myself , why not a 4 door 2jzgte sleeper ??????????? . Then I probably have to start the build thread at the IS300 section .

Last edited by gerrb; 09-28-19 at 09:50 AM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys