Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-19, 05:11 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmj2u
Hey Gerry, would you mind uploading these two images for me? I’m interested in how you fitted the MKIV shroud on your SC300 radiator. Thanks in advance!
buddy , looking for old pictures from my old laptops will be tough now .. I have been through 4 laptops since I started this thread.

If the mkiv shroud is well fitted with all holes lining up , then I might have used a mkiv radiator too.

if you are using a mkiv shroud on an sc radiator or vice versa which I did in some occations , I usually fabricate some brackets using 1/2" - 3/4" aluminum bars and just drill holes so I can bolt the parts together.
Old 12-13-19, 05:13 PM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
buddy , looking for old pictures from my old laptops will be tough now .. I have been through 4 laptops since I started this thread.

If the mkiv shroud is well fitted with all holes lining up , then I might have used a mkiv radiator too.

if you are using a mkiv shroud on an sc radiator or vice versa which I did in some occations , I usually fabricate some brackets using 1/2" - 3/4" aluminum bars and just drill holes so I can bolt the parts together.
Ok, I'll go find some aluminum for this purpose. Thanks Gerry!
Old 12-21-19, 08:39 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mrmj2u
Ok, I'll go find some aluminum for this purpose. Thanks Gerry!
You are welcome sir ! Happy Holidays !
Old 12-21-19, 08:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Been asked what I am up to these days ?

The guy who sold me the IS300 with a 2jzgte swap is still working on the title. I got fed up waiting so I took out everything (2jzgte swap / PHR torque monster turbo kit / intercooler and radiator setup) and am using that setup on a new project . I always wanted a convertible with a 2jz just for the heck of it. A local clublexus forum member who is a good friend sold his 2001 BMW 330ci to me and that will be my 2jz convertible .

The Lexus SC430 I bought which was suppose to be my 2jz convertible is still being used by my son since it is a very low mileage car and I was waiting for it to konk out before any 2jzgte swap . I guess , now that I have this BMW , this will be it. 2jz Engine brackets / mounts and Transmission mounts / bracket for these E46 are readily available off the shelf so I don't have to fabricate anything.

So that is what is keeping me busy .. .a Tri-2JZ Project that I started at Supraforums :

https://www.supraforums.com/threads/...#post-13905762

Last edited by gerrb; 12-21-19 at 08:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
4rcedfed (01-07-20)
Old 12-21-19, 10:08 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad to see this is still going.
Old 12-22-19, 03:13 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

It is a disappointment that the previous IS300 owner has made it so difficult with the title (I think you said he's buying back just the shell from you now?) but this has indeed opened up the convertible avenue again with the 330ci opportunity. That will be a much better suited chassis than the SC430 since its structure was intended to take the power and torque of an M3 engine under hard use at the very least.

Old 12-22-19, 06:00 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
It is a disappointment that the previous IS300 owner has made it so difficult with the title (I think you said he's buying back just the shell from you now?) but this has indeed opened up the convertible avenue again with the 330ci opportunity. That will be a much better suited chassis than the SC430 since its structure was intended to take the power and torque of an M3 engine under hard use at the very least.
Well , indeed the guy is supposed to pick up the IS300 shell today as per our agreement because of the title issue. A car without a title is useless to me .

True the 330ci chassis is same as that of the boosted M3 so would definitely be better than the SC430 that was never boosted from the factory. I don't know why I always wanted a 2jzGTE convertible . I guess just for the heck of it cruising around top down on a 2JZ .
Old 01-07-20, 04:49 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I was trying to sell these Chassis Reinforcement Stuff as a package to make the SC chassis better for drag racing , drift or street . I was just selling everything for $800 which is just the price of the Titan Motor Sports Front/Rear Sway bars and the Rear Cross Bar and people still have been low balling me .

Am now seriously thinking of installing them on my Beige SC that is making around 940rwhp / 780ftlbs.

a) Titan Motor Sports Adjustable Front Sway Bar
b) Titan Motor Sports Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
c) Rear Adjustable Cross Bar
d) Front Strut Bar
e) Rear Strut Bar
f) Megan Trailing Arms

Last edited by gerrb; 01-08-20 at 03:54 AM.
Old 01-08-20, 06:51 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Received 225 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
I was trying to sell these Chassis Reinforcement Stuff as a package to make the SC chassis better for drag racing , drift or street . I was just selling everything for $800 which is just the price of the Titan Motor Sports Front/Rear Sway bars and the Rear Cross Bar and people still have been low balling me .

Am now seriously thinking of installing them on my Beige SC that is making around 940rwhp / 780ftlbs.

a) Titan Motor Sports Adjustable Front Sway Bar
b) Titan Motor Sports Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
c) Rear Adjustable Cross Bar
d) Front Strut Bar
e) Rear Strut Bar
f) Megan Trailing Arms

Where does that huge middle bar go?
Old 01-08-20, 07:01 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

behind the front seats (and in front of the rear bottom seat) and bolts on together with the harness bar beside each seats

here you go , should go this way . It is not yet bolted down but will go lower so it is just a bit above the center hump and floor once bolted down.

Last edited by gerrb; 01-08-20 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-08-20, 03:34 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

Really nice, Gerry! All of those parts should stiffen up the chassis even more. Do you have any opinion on how effective that center cross-bar for the interior is on the SC and MKIV respectively? My understanding has always been that the SC chassis is inherently slightly stiffer than the MKIV's (especially targa MKIV's)... at the expense of more weight of course.

I realize you're going to install this hardware primarily due to having 940whp horsepower and a boatload of torque adding extra stress to that SC's chassis.

Just wondering if the added stiffness from all of these componends (on top of the coil-overs you already have installed) all around significantly and more noticeably contribute to even sharper handling due to reduced flex and/or reduced minor distortion of the double wishbone chassis components or rather if the main purpose of these is to reinforce the chassis to ensure the added stresses from so much power do not cause any chassis distortion over time.

Maybe a little of both?

Last edited by KahnBB6; 01-08-20 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-09-20, 05:23 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Craig - where I usually play which is GA 27 from Columbus to our place in the South is a 120 miles of deserted 4 lane road . You will be lucky if you will find 20 cars on both side of the road on that 120 miles stretch. It has straight and some long winding roads.

Chassis Reinforcements are better felt and appreciated on winding roads or cornering . It is in those instances in which body flex can be felt at a high speed and acceleration.

Good thing about these reinforcements is it strengthen the body at the bottom (adjustable sway bars , trailing arms) , at the center (cross bar) and on top (front and rear strut towers). In addition , am thinking of getting the Do Luck floor support brace that runs from the front to rear wheel on each side of the chassis . But they are so pricey at over $600 with shipping. I might just manufacture them . It is basically a pair of bars / pipes that run in parallel to the chassis and bolted to the underneath of the floor. Those braces will help a lot on hilly places (up and down roads) in which where I play has a lot too.

After that , I don't know what else my Beige Sleeper will still need with its big power and all its supporting mods . I have no plans of having a full 12 point roll cage in it to keep it a daily sleeper . The Chassis Reinforcement Stuff takes the place of the roll cage but not as good of course as the 12 point roll cage. I love fooling around with the new corvettes , mustangs and chargers with this unassuming sleeper.

Last edited by gerrb; 01-09-20 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-20-20, 01:04 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

Man, those chassis bars are so cool! If I hadn't just taken on this damn swap I'd be all over that. A steal for the price too!
Old 02-21-20, 11:07 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Let me put this Billet Oil Pan by Autobahn (Tommy Bahn - well known on supraforums for the guy who did 247mph on his supra at the Texas Mile years back) out here so people know it exists .

For those who have the extra funds to get the oil pan , it will help you inspect the bottom of your engine without lifting the engine from its mounts. Just take out the lower cover and you be able to inspect the bottom end and condition of your oil or if there are metal shavings. On top pf that, with the 1 3/8" extra spacer that is sold separately , you have an extra 2.5 quarts of oil which will always benefit an engine pushed to its limits and especially if making a good amount of power.

Got it for my current MKIV project and maybe one day for my beige SC since that is making 1050rwhp now. So it is easier for me to inspect the bottom end. BTW , if you observe well ,it also have the place to bolt in a temperature sensor to monitor your oil temp.

The down side which is outweighed by the up side in my opinion is it costs a pretty penny. If you observe it well , it is o-ringed so no need for FIPG in between the lower oil pan and upper oil pan and in between the lower oil pan and its cover.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-21-20 at 11:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
4rcedfed (02-10-21)
Old 02-24-20, 04:17 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Another twist of events. Me being a sucker for 2jzGTE SCs .. acquired another one after getting 3 shells towed out of my place in the past two months .

The other day , Saturday evening , a friend who 4 months ago I helped build his SC with a 2jzGTE vvti (built head with BC 272 cams) , Tremec Magnum-F 6 speed transmission with Twin McCleod clutch (drive train all brand new from Grannas racing) , AEM Infinity ECU with custom harness from Tweak came to me bringing his SC with the title and bill of sale wanting to part it out . The car made 570rwhp / 450ftlbs on Pump 93. It can easily do +800rwhp on the BW S366sx-e if it was tuned on E85 . Every damn thing (drive train / power train except short block) on this car was like bought brand new or built with the best brand new parts so were not cheap. Most are from PHR racing . Even the dual PHR SC300 cat-back exhaust was I think $2300. Just the whole PHR exhaust from downpipe , midpipe and cat-back is more expensive than what most stock SCs are sold . It had Toyo R888 tires all around on TT wheels to put the power down . He had around $35k on the car . I know cause I saw all his invoices and helped him build it.

He told me a certain $$$ amount he was expecting to get from the part out. Knowing the car in and out , told him ... "I am not parting out the damn car . I am keeping it for myself and am registering it on Monday "

So here we go , another perfect sleeper added to the stable. Will eventually do some work like installing bigger injectors , bigger or more pump , adding a flex fuel sensor for which the Tweak harness already has a provision and so on so I can tune it with E85 . Am thinking of eventually replacing the short block with a built one if I have to push the engine to the power I will ultimately want to get out of this setup. The problem when selling or parting out a car , you don't get back your money . No one is gonna pay you good money on used parts regardless if bought new and barely used . Thiss is a lot of car for the amount of money he was expecting to get which was a third of what he spent . So I just have to have it and not part it out and let a lot of money go down the drain. The good thing about this car was most of the parts were like 4 months old or less. Lucky me I guess , lmaol. Hey , it pays to be helpful at times to people.. hahahahaha.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-24-20 at 01:29 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by gerrb:
Ali SC3 (02-24-20), howat (07-26-21), KahnBB6 (02-24-20), mrmj2u (02-24-20)

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys