Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-20, 06:43 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

been busy with the Ultimate SC Sleeper till my mind change again

got a kbd vertex style bumper instead of installing the kbd auto couture style bumper since it has a bigger / wider front opening to push more air into my huge TitanMotorsports Inter-Cooler .

I am thinking of doing a cutout below the grille to push air into the part of the inter-cooler that is behind the stock aluminum bumper support. I would like to remove that bumper support and get a bent / formed pipe support for the bumper right below the lights / grille and down there the bottom part of the bumper

Old 04-06-20, 10:10 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Absolutely love the herd you've built up! I can't help it, something about the stealthy engine bay on the NA-T. Keep it up Gerry!!
love that NA-T too .,. very responsive and a lot of fun to use..lol . It is the cheapest in terms of build costs and one of the most enjoyable and reliable among my boosted cars. At times am tempted to sell it because it is something I seldom use and am more of a GTE guy . I just wanted to try one so I built that car. Maybe I will be accepting offers for it. The only thing that car needs which actually I have but haven't had the time to install is the steering rack. There is a leak on the rubber boot.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-06-20 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-06-20, 10:11 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by silentkill
i figured you were max net on facebook lmao
hard to hide when you have over a million hits on your build thread ..lol
Old 04-06-20, 10:14 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Gerry, I think you should start having 2J or SC fest at your house every summer. It'll be like burning man, but for CL SC guys haha.
well when people know I am up there in my place in Duluth , a couple of supra or sc guys always come and hang around .
The following 2 users liked this post by gerrb:
KahnBB6 (04-06-20), RudysSC (04-06-20)
Old 04-06-20, 10:16 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Those three SC's keep looking better! The more I see them all the more I understand how you feel-- they each excel at their best differently and uniquely from one another

The Ultimate Sleeper is going to be nuts with 1400whp. At that point you'll be running some super wide rear rubber to keep it under control! Maybe a 335mm set in the rear? The ECU's traction control will surely need to be dialed in at that point. Do you plan on using a TRD 2-way LSD for that car or maybe and OS Giken 2-way or 1.5-Way?

This is definitely the time to dive into all the projects we previously have had little time for! Can't wait to see more of these!

Glad you're staying distanced and safe, Gerry. Same here. At some point it won't be like this but when that will be...? No one knows. The only way out of it is through... and as safely as possible.
well I have as you know abandoned that project but I am reluctant to junk a 1997 SC300 5speed shell. Something in me just can't do it .
Old 04-06-20, 01:21 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
well I have as you know abandoned that project but I am reluctant to junk a 1997 SC300 5speed shell. Something in me just can't do it .
Oh that '97 5-speed shell yes. But I do think it's a good thing to still do something with it. If it's resurrected in any form I think it will be a good thing. If as a power monster, all the better. The annoying tire-kickers aside, somehow, someway it shouldn't just be junked. It was sad that the 1992 hardtop SC you had a few months ago had to be junked but there was nothing else to do about it at the time.

But you did post some pictures of the one you call the Ultimate SC Sleeper above with the enormous Titan intercooler. That's the one I thought you are slowly building for 1400whp with the V160.
Old 04-06-20, 01:37 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Oh that '97 5-speed shell yes. But I do think it's a good thing to still do something with it. If it's resurrected in any form I think it will be a good thing. If as a power monster, all the better. The annoying tire-kickers aside, somehow, someway it shouldn't just be junked. It was sad that the 1992 hardtop SC you had a few months ago had to be junked but there was nothing else to do about it at the time.

But you did post some pictures of the one you call the Ultimate SC Sleeper above with the enormous Titan intercooler. That's the one I thought you are slowly building for 1400whp with the V160.
yes this car whose front bumper I just posted above with the Titan Intercooler and a blow off valve on each side of the fog lights will be the Ultimate Sleeper now which is also a 1997 SC300 5 speed. As I have said to you on the phone , I was on the verge on getting it towed towards the junk shop but something stopping me.
The following users liked this post:
KahnBB6 (04-06-20)
Old 04-06-20, 08:19 PM
KahnBB6

I'm glad something stopped you! I still feel that's a worthy thing to get to with one of your SC's. And in a '97 5-speed no less

The most interesting part of the endeavor to me is not the impressive 1400whp itself (which is impressive all on its own!) but how you will engineer all the many support and cooling systems for it to handle all that power under all conditions. Much like the intricate transmission cooler setups for your 1,000whp+ cars and your triple stage fuel systems, all of those things working together to support that power make the car IMO
Old 04-07-20, 06:57 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

At around 570rwhp on pump 93 and 1100rwhp on E85, the sleeper I did help build and I got 3 weeks ago from my buddy in exchange for something he wanted from me , will pretty sure hurt a lot of feelings . So I want to be able keep a video of all these runs with these new cars like corvette , mustangs , dodge and the rest . So , first , I installed and wired the the AIM Smarty GPS and AIM Smarty Cam that will work in tandem with the AIM MXL Pista logger dash which will super impose the video with the engine data so I can evaluate my driving habits or how I am driving like the racing cars in the race tracks .

I did wire and install a front and rear Rexing dash cam too that will record all videos whenever the car is running on a 128gb MicroSD which I can just download on my laptop .

KahnBB6 (04-08-20), RudysSC (04-07-20)
Old 04-08-20, 02:47 AM
KahnBB6

I remember how good the footage looked from those Rexing cameras looked from your big road trip across the U.S. Nice and clear HD images. You've sold me on their model already

The AIM Smarty Cam is an accessory that works with that dash readout and logging unit, correct? As in it records video and overlays the real-time data right onto the recorded video stream? That's very handy!
Old 04-08-20, 05:05 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I remember how good the footage looked from those Rexing cameras looked from your big road trip across the U.S. Nice and clear HD images. You've sold me on their model already

The AIM Smarty Cam is an accessory that works with that dash readout and logging unit, correct? As in it records video and overlays the real-time data right onto the recorded video stream? That's very handy!
yeap ... I am installing the Rexing cameras on two of my sleepers . As you have seen my road trip documentation across America where I had those cameras .. they indeed provided clear HD images of every minute of the trip.

Here is a video to see an AIM Smarty HD cam in action . It does overlay video with engine data and if you are on a track , it even shows you exactly where you at on the track with its GPS. You can then review the video and evaluate the data and analyze how you were driving so you know how you can improve . The AIM wasn't cheap at $3500 (aim mxl pista dash logger , aim smartycam hd , aim smartycam gps and a track receiver) but it was in one of the MKIVs I bought so I might as well use it.

Some still pictures taken out of videos that had the AIM Smartycam HD to have an idea on different ways of setup you can do with it.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-08-20 at 05:14 AM.
KahnBB6 (04-08-20)
Old 04-08-20, 06:59 AM
mjegan
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
well when people know I am up there in my place in Duluth , a couple of supra or sc guys always come and hang around .
I just relocated to Marietta with my 1996 factory 5 speed NA-T. If you ever need a hand with anything let me know!
gerrb (04-08-20)
Old 04-30-20, 07:36 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

here we are again , wanting to continue working on another high HP SC posted above but this time thinking of disposing really one cause I keep building and keep accumulating vehicles without disposing any. I have 14 vehicles .. 7 boosted cars . As every one who knows me , I am a 2jzGTE guy , I did build a 2jz NA-T just for the heck of it. It is actually one of the most responsive boosted car I ever had for the simple reason that it is VVTi with a brand new Borg Warner 64mm on a brand new Treadstone exhaust manifold plus and a brand new Turbosmart Wastegate. It has ARP headstuds on a GTE head gasket and aftermarket custom dual exhaust . If you are critical though of looks, I will suggest replacing the down pipe cause it doesn't cosmetically look good when it comes to welding.. hahaha ,am not a welder. The wheels were also new. I am now selling it for a bargain price to anyone who wants it . The only thing I know that needs to be done is replace the steering rack since I see some leak on the boot . I am giving the buyer the replacement steering rack , just got to replace it. The interior of this car is 9 out of 10 , it really drives good . I will let it go for $6k or show me $5.5k cash it is yours so someone can get a cheap but well built / functioning boosted car. BTW This car is well documented on this thread. Just go through the pages of this thread. .For anyone local who have ridden on this car , will tell you what a responsive car this is . Also it is a 1993 but have started converting it all to 2000 thus it needs a paint job. All the body kit had been replaced , all wiring is now 2000 (literally everything from front to rear ).

Last edited by gerrb; 05-05-20 at 03:24 PM.
mrmj2u (04-30-20), TitanG545 (07-17-20)
Old 04-30-20, 08:41 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

Such a cool set up! Great luck with the sale. That's a very fair price for a well thought out NAT car with a clean interior and straight body.
Old 04-30-20, 01:29 PM
KahnBB6

Dang, I’d hoped to ride in it before you inevitably let it go, haha. Oh well, it’s got to find itself a new good home and it has been a very good experiment in your stable of SC’s Gerry

That is a VERY good deal for anyone wanting a solid NA-T SC300 auto.

Will you be selling it with a stock 2JZGTE ECU?

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys