Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-20 | 12:20 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Glad to see you're still out there playing with these cars.
I was going to say the same thing. Haven't checked this thread in a very long time and i see Gerrb hasn't stopped lol..
Old 08-09-20 | 06:41 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Thanks Kira X and Tmf2004 !

For those who wanted to know how close that screen is to the HVAC controller and whether I can still access its buttons .

The answer is YES I can still access the HVAC buttons . It is not that close. Besides I can turn that screen 180 degrees but I just want it in a length wise orientation since it looks better for me .

Last edited by gerrb; 08-09-20 at 06:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tmf2004 (08-09-20)
Old 08-13-20 | 03:49 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I have always been a sucker of the 1 of 120 , 1997 SC300 original 5 speed.

I was given the opportunity to purchase another one and didn't have second thoughts the moment it was offered to me since it is by far the most pristine condition 1 of 120 I have ever seen based on the pictures and videos sent to me.

Wait for it on this thread ........... very soon . The deal had been done and delivery had been scheduled .

Last edited by gerrb; 08-13-20 at 10:11 AM.
KiroLS (08-13-20)
Old 08-13-20 | 05:18 AM
KiroLS
Driver

[QUOTE=gerrb;10865760]

[/QOTE]

I have not been too religious lately in following threads here so sorry if I missed it but can you share how you have this mounted to the dash? I use a RAM mount system in my Tundra and it is super solid. Your setup looks great and I may emulate yours when its time to address my half-lit radio.
Old 08-13-20 | 05:23 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KiroLS
I have not been too religious lately in following threads here so sorry if I missed it but can you share how you have this mounted to the dash? I use a RAM mount system in my Tundra and it is super solid. Your setup looks great and I may emulate yours when its time to address my half-lit radio.
The mounting is part of the system which is basically a double din Android Based Tablet . If you search 13" or 12.8" Android Radio on ebay , you will find them.

You can rotate the screen 180 degrees , move it up and down , back and forth if you want to reach the buttons at the back . Though there is enough room to reach the buttons at the back without even rotating the screen 90-180 degrees. I just prefer it length wise , looks cooler ... tesla copycat .

Last edited by gerrb; 08-13-20 at 05:28 AM.
KiroLS (08-13-20)
Old 08-13-20 | 04:00 PM
babycrab
Rookie

Originally Posted by gerrb
I have always been a sucker of the 1 of 120 , 1997 SC300 original 5 speed.

I was given the opportunity to purchase another one and didn't have second thoughts the moment it was offered to me since it is by far the most pristine condition 1 of 120 I have ever seen based on the pictures and videos sent to me.

Wait for it on this thread ........... very soon . The deal had been done and delivery had been scheduled .
lucky lucky
Old 08-13-20 | 08:35 PM
KiroLS
Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
If you search 13" or 12.8" Android Radio on ebay , you will find them.
Thanks, found them. As nice as this looks I feel like it would be a huge magnet for some punk kid or tweaker to bust a window to make a quick grab of what they think is a tablet. Keeping a hand towel behind your drivers seat to cover the screen when parked may be a good idea. Very cool that you shared so many pics of your install here. I does look really good.
Old 08-14-20 | 05:25 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KiroLS
Thanks, found them. As nice as this looks I feel like it would be a huge magnet for some punk kid or tweaker to bust a window to make a quick grab of what they think is a tablet. Keeping a hand towel behind your drivers seat to cover the screen when parked may be a good idea. Very cool that you shared so many pics of your install here. I does look really good.
You are right , it will be a damn magnet for a?sholes , but for the two SC cars in which I have them , it is not much a problem .

a) They have the darkest allowable tint (35) here in GA . Barely see inside unless you really peak inside right near the window.
b) I have one of the original foam that I put on top whenever I don't use the car just to keep it out of sight but mainly to protect it from heat .
c) I don't use my SCs except when I play . They are not daily drivers so they are never left un-attended whatsoever.

Below you see the foam I use to cover them that was part of the packaging it came in

KiroLS (08-14-20)
Old 08-14-20 | 05:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by babycrab
lucky lucky
Peak Preview below of the very clean 1997 SC300 5 speed that is to be hand delivered to me by my buddy. And am really very grateful to him cause it is a damn 1150 miles one way trip. He knows it will be in good hands and I won't disappoint him. Actually all what I am interested in it is the Shell with the Interior. I am not even interested with the 2jzgte / V160 6 speed transmission that it has cause I have a better same stock set not from an Aristo but from a USDM MKIV TT 6 speed which I can install if I wanted to. But I feel like the car simply needs to get back the stock 2jzGE / W58 which I have and keep it close to stock and preserve it that way since it only has 57k miles. I will make it an NA-T (ARP hardware and TT head gasket) and have a beefed up pressure plate / clutch setup (ClutchMaster FX400) which I already have also so it will get into the 350-400rwhp and have some pulling power . I don't need it really to be a fast car or a car with a lot of horse power . I have those already.

The following 3 users liked this post by gerrb:
KahnBB6 (08-17-20), KiroLS (08-14-20), Supra Dr (08-17-20)
Old 08-14-20 | 05:27 PM
babycrab
Rookie

you're living the dream gerrb
The following 2 users liked this post by babycrab:
KahnBB6 (08-17-20), scsexy (08-14-20)
Old 08-17-20 | 09:07 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Beautiful car, and great score!
Old 08-18-20 | 09:55 PM
KahnBB6

That paint and body look very clean! I want to see more but already I can tell why you bought it! Great find, Gerry!
Old 08-19-20 | 06:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Just so this car is well documented , posting some info on how we got this car . This info will be valuable after a couple of years since I would like to keep this car out of the public roads till it is auctioned which maybe once it is 30 years old. It is currently 23 years old. This car was only on the roads for 5 years (1997 to 2002) . It has been sitting in a locked garage by the same (second) owner since 2002 till July 2020 .

For Reference here is the Facebook post at the time my buddy Brandon got the car :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5498...9950677065797/

On or around the 3rd week of July 2020 my buddy Brandon (username Halon) found an ad listed in their local car group about a 1997 SC300 5 speed (project car with 2jzgte / v160 6speed) that has been sitting for the past 18 years. The owner had it since 1999 based on the carfax , used it and in 2002 decided that he wanted to do a 2jzgte / 6speed swap . They bolted in the 2jzgte and 6 speed but that is all , it was never finished.

On July 23, 2020 , Brandon picked it up and here are the initial pictures he took once he was back home . He also got the title transfered and registered in his name even if he had no plans of using it. It is just the way they do it in their state MN. You have to report a car that is sold (who the buyer was) and the one who bought it has to title it in his/her name. So on paper he is the third owner and I am the fourth owner .

A couple of days later , someone in MO offered to buy the car but backed out after a week or two before it was to be delivered by Brandon to the buyer in MO. But here is a copy of some carfax pages which the buyer gave Brandon . This document the fact that indeed the car's registration was never renewed after 2002 and its mileage stated on carfax.

As the carfax shows , on July 21-23 , 2020 , car was bought and registered by Brandon.

When the deal with the guy in MO fell through , my buddy sent me a message and asked me if I was interested .. of course I said yes . And here are the pictures / videos he sent me .

pictures

Sorry , the forum won't allow me to attach 3 videos that showed the IN and OUT of the car. They were over 5MB each.

After we made a deal , we scheduled a delivery date for him to bring the car from his place MN to GA around Aug. 21 (Friday) , 2020 .

2 days before he was to make the 1200 mile trip , car was already on a trailer.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-24-20 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-19-20 | 06:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by babycrab
you're living the dream gerrb
am trying ...

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Beautiful car, and great score!
thanks buddy

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
That paint and body look very clean! I want to see more but already I can tell why you bought it! Great find, Gerry!
thanks Craig .

It was Brandon (username Halon) who found it in his neighborhood . He just gave me the chance to have it all since it was an impulse buy on his end . I guess seeing the pictures , videos sent to me and given the details of what all comes with it , I thought I will be an idiot to pass on it so I said , I will take it not considering how many damn SCs I still hav 😂....it is a sickness hahaha🙈.

In fact I have started buying parts having in mind what i want to do with it . Pictures below will give you an idea of the big plans for it , a 12 injector manifold with direct port nitrous that made +1603rwhp in one of realstreetperformance cars , that silver supra of Geo.

Well as you all know , plans change but at least at this point ...got big ones coming for this 1997 sc300.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-19-20 at 08:03 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gerrb:
Ali SC3 (08-19-20), KahnBB6 (08-19-20)
Old 08-22-20 | 02:21 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Dang been seeing your name for years on supraforums gerrb but never knew you were a badass of the SC world too, until myself just bought one! Mines not quite as rare as the two 97's you have, but i just picked up a 1 of 299 i think? baltic blue 95 (automatic though).

How do you compare from your point of view all the standalones you've experienced in your cars? Pro-EFI, Haltech, AEM V2, Infinity, Motec.. you pretty much got em all!

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys