Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-21, 06:25 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

Your collection of SC’s is amazing! That’s really cool to see them all together. The interiors are all so clean.
Old 03-01-21, 04:32 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Your collection of SC’s is amazing! That’s really cool to see them all together. The interiors are all so clean.
Thank you sir . After having owned around 20 SCs , I have always gathered / took the best interiors in all of them that is why all the SCs I have left have good interiors .

Old 03-10-21, 06:59 PM
bbyatv
Pit Crew

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Floor Mats

Gerry, You have some beautiful cars. I have a 95 300 with a W58 in pretty nice shape. Lots of pics in my build thread. Anyhow I love the Lexus floor mats shown in the pictures below. Any chance you might share where you found those?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...w58-build.html

Thanks
Bruce
(bbyatv)

Originally Posted by gerrb;[url=tel:10914502
10914502[/url]]Craig - I will check the ECU part number for you to see if it is a Cali version but I really doubt it.

Finally , after literally 18 years locked up in a garage with an unfinished 2jzgte / v160 and only 5 years on the road (1997-2002) , the car is back on the road running with its original drive / power train . With all the accumulated dusts in the past 18 years still untouched and uncleaned , decided that I drive it around the neighborhood using some roller wheels / tires to see what else I need to do with it. One . is the damn brakes need to be bled and I hear some clunking at the rear for which I believe I haven't tightened the 3 rear bolts of the differential or my rear wheels nuts are not well tightened .

A good friend of mine, to whom I sold a Supra MKIV and the NA-T SC300 , volunteered to help me do a complete detailing of the car both in and out of the car plus the engine bay. He had been doing it in all his cars / toys he said. Meanwhile before that , I will touch up three very small paint chips though are not really visible 10 feet away.

Took some pictures of the 1997 Lexus SC300 5 speed with 57k miles on the chassis while driving around the neighborhood . Once it is fully detailed , I will install the original brand new Lexus Wheels with Nitto Tires pictured a page or two prior this page and take some good pictures at a good location .... then on to building a new engine and refreshing a W58 trans for this car as an extra stuff that will come with it when I auction it in a couple of years. I need to enjoy first the fruit of my labor .

Old 03-15-21, 02:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bbyatv
Gerry, You have some beautiful cars. I have a 95 300 with a W58 in pretty nice shape. Lots of pics in my build thread. Anyhow I love the Lexus floor mats shown in the pictures below. Any chance you might share where you found those ?

Thanks
Bruce
(bbyatv)
thank you Bruce .

those mats came with that 97 5speed so I really have no idea where the guy who literally kept the car locked up in a garage for 18 years bought them . They were never used before that is why they look so clean.
Old 03-15-21, 04:04 AM
bbyatv
Pit Crew

Gerry,

Thanks for getting back. That is unfortunate. I guess now I am on a mission to find where those mats came from. They are super cool looking. Maybe he got them at the dealer at the time he bought the car?

Weird.

Thanks,
Bruce

Originally Posted by gerrb
thank you Bruce .

those mats came with that 97 5speed so I really have no idea where the guy who literally kept the car locked up in a garage for 18 years bought them . They were never used before that is why they look so clean.
Old 03-15-21, 04:37 PM
bbyatv
Pit Crew

Default Floor Mats

Gerry,

Any chance there is a tag or something on the underside of the mats that would indicate who made them?

Thanks,
Bruce

Originally Posted by gerrb;[url=tel:11013042
11013042[/url]]thank you Bruce .

Old 03-31-21, 05:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bbyatv
Gerry,

Any chance there is a tag or something on the underside of the mats that would indicate who made them?

Thanks,
Bruce
Just checked all the 4 this morning and there are no labels or tags on them .
Old 03-31-21, 06:52 AM
bbyatv
Pit Crew

Thanks so much for checking.

Bruce

Originally Posted by gerrb
Just checked all the 4 this morning and there are no labels or tags on them .
Old 05-10-21, 06:42 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Time for this car to go and be enjoyed . It is a pity that it spends 99.9 % of the time in the garage covered .

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/market/966357

Good Luck to whoever gets it , it surely is the best stock SC I ever had or even seen and I had at least 20 of them in the past 18 years and do still have a good number of them at the moment.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-10-21 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-10-21, 09:07 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

Beautiful car Gerry - good luck sir! I wish I had more room at the house (and more mental capacity to care for another car). Hope that goes to someone who appreciates and enjoys it!
Old 05-10-21, 09:30 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Beautiful car Gerry - good luck sir! I wish I had more room at the house (and more mental capacity to care for another car). Hope that goes to someone who appreciates and enjoys it!
Trust me , this sale is not about the money. I just want it enjoyed more by someone else rather than being covered 99.9% of the time. So I really want it to go to someone who will appreciate , enjoy and take care of it. Of course , it is beyond my control once it is sold . But I will give preference to members here who have a history of posts to have an idea of the buyer.
Old 05-11-21, 04:39 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

That SC is near immaculate, Gerry. I do hope it goes to someone who will appreciate it and take care of it for the clean classic rarity that it is. Whoever that person will be will have an amazing piece of history in their garage. I agree that it really needs to be driven some rather than only sit even if it is extremely rare.

A very special car just waiting for the right new owner. You're right, while it has its fair value it is not so much about the money as it is that it can hopefully go to someone who will treat it well and enjoy it!
Old 05-22-21, 02:00 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
That SC is near immaculate, Gerry. I do hope it goes to someone who will appreciate it and take care of it for the clean classic rarity that it is. Whoever that person will be will have an amazing piece of history in their garage. I agree that it really needs to be driven some rather than only sit even if it is extremely rare.

A very special car just waiting for the right new owner. You're right, while it has its fair value it is not so much about the money as it is that it can hopefully go to someone who will treat it well and enjoy it!
Craig , a long time member here whose username is @MongooseGA bought it. It is in good hands now. G.A. takes good care of his vehicles. Just by looking at his his Land Cruiser , you can tell he is very meticulous.

You can tell he loves the SCs. He had an SC400 at least 10 years ago . So am positive , as you have hoped, it now belongs to someone who surely does appreciate it and will definitely take care of it.
The following 3 users liked this post by gerrb:
KahnBB6 (05-23-21), MongooseGA (05-22-21), RudysSC (05-24-21)
Old 05-24-21, 12:52 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

Other than you enjoying it Gerry this is the best outcome! And I know that MongooseGA must be very happy with his new-to-him '97 5-speed SC I'm wishing him lots of fun and enjoyment with it! You set a good example for all of us Gerry. Special and rare cars like these should go to new owners who will appreciate and really take care of them. And that includes driving them every so often to keep them healthy
Old 05-24-21, 07:13 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

Awesome news - glad somebody who will enjoy it and appreciate it got their hands on her!

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys